Locked Down/In (Not Avid 😂)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some gardening is tasty ! 😬😎 Use to luv my allotment 

Trying my hand at match fishing.........................    

My twitchering is coming along, real easy this one just sit in the garden with a cuppa and snap a few pics, no camo wear needed. blue *** has been doing some work widening the entrance, sounds like a

Posted Images

7 hours ago, yonny said:

Yes.

Don't get me wrong, I had an awesome bank holiday weekend with the family, but the lack of bank time is certainly getting to me. I think any keen carp angler starts to feel it pretty quickly when it's taken away😔

I had a health problem last year  that disrupted my season , and stopped me building up any momentum , but I am soo grateful that I had my operation last year unlike the poor devils that are having their operations / appointments cancelled due to the virus .

I still miss my fishing though , thank goodness I can officially go out and deliver the post .

😃 

It's been a funny few days for me tbh, back at work this week and that feels weird, as they are reducing costs and furloughing, making redundancies etc, I'll be furloughed from the 1st May, but more importantly my dad is still in hospital he has ended up having 3 ops now as his wounds won't close and heal properly, and as a cruel caviat he seems to have contracted the virus too he tested positive Wednesday, he did have a chest infection last week and needed oxygen for a day after his first op, we are all hoping that he got away with that and beat that too, you have to stay positive and hope for the best in these times, this is horrible I can't give my mum a hug or go and see my dad, or do anything really, 

Stay safe everyone, protect yourselves and your family and your community, my dad had now beaten cancer twice and doesn't deserve to go out like this, 

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

It's been a funny few days for me tbh

Mate, that sounds like a very difficult time for you. Stay strong bro, it's all you can do.

It's killing me not being able to see my Mum. My Dad passed late last year so she's on her own. Video calls are a god send but like you I'd do anything to give here a massive hug.

5 minutes ago, yonny said:

Mate, that sounds like a very difficult time for you. Stay strong bro, it's all you can do.

It's killing me not being able to see my Mum. My Dad passed late last year so she's on her own. Video calls are a god send but like you I'd do anything to give here a massive hug.

It's not been an easy couple of weeks, I go to see my mum from a socially acceptable distance do her shopping etc but yeah it isn't right, she's basically having to deal without us being able to fully support, it sucks but yeah you have to stay strong and keep positive, I've been through the complete range of emotions this week but it's not the time to be angry so I've detuned that for the time being 😬

It's best your mum stays safe though mate, hopefully this will all be done with soon take it easy bud 

Me and the wife are doing the shopping for our 2 kids who both have young ones and my parents and an aunt.

my mrs is now starting to struggle as she can’t see the grandkids even though I have been saying for about a week lockdown won’t be lifted until mid may at the earliest she wasn’t happy when he said he was carrying on the lockdown, she started crying as she is quite emotional anyway.

goodnews though my rig bits came yesterday 

4 hours ago, framey said:

Me and the wife are doing the shopping for our 2 kids who both have young ones and my parents and an aunt.

my mrs is now starting to struggle as she can’t see the grandkids even though I have been saying for about a week lockdown won’t be lifted until mid may at the earliest she wasn’t happy when he said he was carrying on the lockdown, she started crying as she is quite emotional anyway.

goodnews though my rig bits came yesterday 

It is tough but I guess we have to think long term at the moment and hope it stops spreading sooner rather than later, 

Good news on the rig bits though, I'm still waiting for my jungle rope to arrive, my brother in law did send me these for my birthday though so I've got some nice beers to try 🎉

IMG-20200416-WA0002.thumb.jpeg.f07f5c47477cdff5ffd8858206cb4828.jpeg

2 hours ago, yonny said:

Yeah that's a common theme among people I've spoken to. Luckily I set my mum up to receive video calls and gave her a quick tutorial the last time I saw her. I'm not not normally that smart, it was a v good move.

My Mother/father in law are the same... they have a computer and tablets but are totally technophobic when it comes to using them, despite trying to teach them (and I was a workplace trainer with a track record for success) we set up Skype accounts for them so we could keep in touch, they couldn't work that even with crib sheet instructions, so the wife's sis set up a Zoom account (even easier to use) and to be honest I don't think they want to know, other than a face to face meeting and that's not going to happen anytime soon...  you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink I suppose

3 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

they couldn't work that even with crib sheet instructions

I can relate to this mate. My Mum set up a little business making jams and chutneys. She had to start labelling with ingredients and best before dates etc so she bought some label software and I went round to teach her how to use it. I figured it out in 10 mins so proceeded to teach her - 3 hour sessions, once a week, for 8 BLOOMIN' WEEKS!!

Think they will be lifting this lock down soon, a lot of EU countries are already easing off and UK fishing did get a mention on the radio today as a safe pass time for a partial lock down.

Germany is handling things with their usual efficiency , highest number of infections but one of the lowest death rates the US has found a treatment that is very nearly 100% effective.

Meanwhile still no sign of our leaders and they don't trust us enough to reveal any future plans just let the civil service crack on with no real direction, poor coppers are starting to have a hard time, your average man on the street is learning his rights due to silly encounters with the police, this guy pulls the magna carta out! bit much could of just not said anything giving the constable no grounds to do anything but bump his gums in vain, the cooper even pulls out a leaflet and tries to pass it off as criminal law, they will be writing them on the back of a Fag packet next. 

9 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

the US has found a treatment that is very nearly 100% effective.

The DM article?  With luck there may be a vaccine this time next year.  How effective it will be at countering the effects of the virus will depend on a few things, including mutations that may occur to the virus itself and successive re-infections.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/there-are-more-than-70-potential-coronavirus-vaccines-in-the-works-here-are-the-top-efforts-to-watch-including-the-16-vaccines-set-to-be-tested-in-people-this-year/ar-BB12JrXe

8 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

The DM article?  With luck there may be a vaccine this time next year.  How effective it will be at countering the effects of the virus will depend on a few things, including mutations that may occur to the virus itself and successive re-infections.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/there-are-more-than-70-potential-coronavirus-vaccines-in-the-works-here-are-the-top-efforts-to-watch-including-the-16-vaccines-set-to-be-tested-in-people-this-year/ar-BB12JrXe

That's the one a new drug called Remdesivir  anti viral the share prices are going up so must be something in it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8228223/Report-says-COVID-19-patients-respond-Gileads-remdesivir-shares-surge.html