Locked Down/In (Not Avid 😂)

2 minutes ago, crusian said:

That looks a long , interesting garden , Smufter .

I had a 125 ft. back garden once , but we never did manage to do what Stevo suggests " keep on top of it " , we could only manage 1 section per year .

😃  

It's a long garden alright, the biggest problem we have had with it is the very steep slope at the very back as you can see in the photo. 

We had it all "stepped" a few years ago, with a small patio area under the large tree. On a nice sunny evening it's the perfect place to sit down and relax. 

This is the main part I am going to concentrate on later in the week, but I'll wait for my gloves to arrive before tackling it due to the brambles. I'll post some more pictures up after the weekend, I'll be going at it hammer and tong on Saturday and Sunday 😉😉😉

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some gardening is tasty ! 😬😎 Use to luv my allotment 

Trying my hand at match fishing.........................    

My twitchering is coming along, real easy this one just sit in the garden with a cuppa and snap a few pics, no camo wear needed. blue *** has been doing some work widening the entrance, sounds like a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, crusian said:

That looks a long , interesting garden , Smufter .

I had a 125 ft. back garden once , but we never did manage to do what Stevo suggests " keep on top of it " , we could only manage 1 section per year .

😃  

125ft ain’t a garden...... it’s a small field 😂😂😬

3 hours ago, smufter said:

It's a long garden alright, the biggest problem we have had with it is the very steep slope at the very back as you can see in the photo. 

We had it all "stepped" a few years ago, with a small patio area under the large tree. On a nice sunny evening it's the perfect place to sit down and relax. 

This is the main part I am going to concentrate on later in the week, but I'll wait for my gloves to arrive before tackling it due to the brambles. I'll post some more pictures up after the weekend, I'll be going at it hammer and tong on Saturday and Sunday 😉😉😉

My Wife does most of the gardening , I'm just brought into play when there's heavy digging / sawing involved ; I don't mind gardening , just not when I've just arrived home , tired from work , also who wants to garden on their Day Off when you can go fishing ! .

Hope your gloves arrive quickly , Smufter , but as a Postie there are some days when the parcel volume is just like Christmas  .

It's the stepping in your garden that first  attracted my attention , and I'm looking forward to your 'photos .

😃

21 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hope your gloves arrive quickly , Smufter , but as a Postie there are some days when the parcel volume is just like Christmas  .

😃

I've been buying quite a bit of stuff on ebay of late and instead of taking the 1-3 days as stated on there it's taking more like 7-14 days, at least where I live. Normally 2 or 3 posties do our round but only seen the same one for the last 3 weeks. Must be overrun with parcels and letters 

8 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I've been buying quite a bit of stuff on ebay of late and instead of taking the 1-3 days as stated on there it's taking more like 7-14 days, at least where I live. Normally 2 or 3 posties do our round but only seen the same one for the last 3 weeks. Must be overrun with parcels and letters 

I must say, my sleep system came day after ordering....wife did order like 8am in the morning she said.

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Same here.

Well the trouble is due to Social Distancing we are only allowed 1 person to a van , and yes we are overrun with parcels .

😃

Got to be honest, I haven't really noticed a big delay in deliveries, so all power to the post office!! I've been buying loads on Amazon and ebay recently, (none fishing related sadly!), and everything coming through on time. Dunelm aren't so quick though (the missus not me) 🙄🙄🙄

9 minutes ago, finchey said:

Would you need it for anything else? Would it not be more practical to hire one? Just a thought mate.🙂👍

Looked at hiring one, but they're not cheap. The one I've bought off of Amazon wasn't expensive, (about the same cost as 3 days hire), has 10 reviews all giving it the full 5 stars, and will be handy to have around. The garden isn't going away and I'm getting too old for this digging lark 😉😉😉

Edited by smufter

Looks like we can go fishing again after May 11th ---- in some parts of France. The French President has just announced plans for the first stage of lifting the very strict lockdown we have been living through. Different regions will be allocated a green or red designation. Green means a lower risk of virus problems and I am pretty sure it covers my area. Paperwork will no longer been required, the 1 km maximum distance will be lifted, parks will be open and sporting activities can take place providing close contact is not involved. Hope there is some good news for UK too very soon.

Guest StinkyMink

I took the opportunity to really sort out my terminal tackle and stocked right up on my favourite braids and went back to some old favourite hook patterns - I decided to have a good collection which will last me a lifetime, and try and stick with them (they are the components I trust anyway, apart from one braid I just love the look of but haven't tried yet)

Lol they know me well at good old Yateley Angling (who are still going, and doing completely free delivery)

Ebay is backup as Yately are not a superstore size shop and do run out of stock. Ebay is good for finsding unusual items anyway. Love it or loathe it (and some of the sellers on there are completely and utterly obnoxious and useless, granted) it is very handy for being the massive oversized alladins cave tackle shop that it is. (I have made a point thogh, for many years, to always try a proper shop first such as my favourites Yateley and Tacklebox).

Tacklebox are closed, but taking orders. When they come back they will probably bring in extra staff to deal with the mountain of online orders, so no harm in giving them some love as well, it will just take ages to arrive..

9 hours ago, smufter said:

The pics would be interesting 👍 what tress have you there that one looks huge in the pic going by the size of the trunk 

6 minutes ago, StinkyMink said:

I took the opportunity to really sort out my terminal tackle and stocked right up on my favourite braids and went back to some old favourite hook patterns - I decided to have a good collection which will last me a lifetime, and try and stick with them (they are the components I trust anyway, apart from one braid I just love the look of but haven't tried yet)

Lol they know me well at good old Yateley Angling (who are still going, and doing completely free delivery)

Ebay is backup as Yately are not a superstore size shop and do run out of stock. Ebay is good for finsding unusual items anyway. Love it or loathe it (and some of the sellers on there are completely and utterly obnoxious and useless, granted) it is very handy for being the massive oversized alladins cave tackle shop that it is. (I have made a point thogh, for many years, to always try a proper shop first such as my favourites Yateley and Tacklebox).

Tacklebox are closed, but taking orders. When they come back they will probably bring in extra staff to deal with the mountain of online orders, so no harm in giving them some love as well, it will just take ages to arrive..

They the tackle box were sending out orders last week as I had one 

Edited by framey
34 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Got a new washing machine and oven delivered today, I need to drill a hole in the under sink cupboard as the waste pipe is too short get my hole saw drill attachment out start cutting, it goes flat half way through, go to get my spare, also flat 😭

I bet @Highy wouldn't have these troubles 😁 

What make of drill you got Geezer??? 

15 hours ago, Big Bass said:

The pics would be interesting 👍 what tress have you there that one looks huge in the pic going by the size of the trunk 

It's an old Ash tree mate. Got to get it sorted as it's badly rotten low down on one side. If we don't get it done it could take out part of the house if it ever came down.... 😱😱😱😱

3 minutes ago, smufter said:

I'm a big Ryobi fan myself. But Makita are good 👌👌👌

I do like the look of all there switchable tools but the Makita was on offer when I got it, I do have some ryobi bits a mouse sander and an electric plane 

All good stuff, I do love a power tool, it's the only thing that keeps my masculinity in check these days otherwise I would be getting dressed up like a princess  😁

12 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I do like the look of all there switchable tools but the Makita was on offer when I got it, I do have some ryobi bits a mouse sander and an electric plane 

All good stuff, I do love a power tool, it's the only thing that keeps my masculinity in check these days otherwise I would be getting dressed up like a princess  😁

My missus hates it when we go to B&Q lol!! Number of times we go there just to buy a few small bits and pieces and as soon as we walk through the doors I'm heading for the power tools section!! My Ryobi hammer drill is one of my prized possessions. And I've lost count of the number of drill /driver sets I've bought over the years 😮😮😮

Edited by smufter