Line , Dia and breaking strength

4 minutes ago, dayvid said:

This may well have been posted before , but for those that havnt seen this and are looking to buy new line , you may find this useful .

http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/pdfs/line_tests_issue11d.pdf

Yeh, still got on my phone, literally sent to a mate earlier for him to look at before he ordered new line, Korda Carp Line 15lb.

• 1 year later...
48 minutes ago, Highy said:

Been wanting to here some reviews on the Sonik Line 🤔🤔

Just asked for any opinions and reviews in the tackle section of this forum. If it's good as they claim it may be time for a respool!?

7 minutes ago, dalej2014 said:

Just asked for any opinions and reviews in the tackle section of this forum. If it's good as they claim it may be time for a respool!?

100% sonik man myself, respooled mine other day with DPF 15lb...spare spools will have subsonik on, which I don't know yet. 

1 hour ago, dalej2014 said:

Good shout. The "bible" of fishing lines. They update this quite regularly too. Latest issue - http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/pdfs/line_tests_issue12f.pdf  :)

Alas, no test of the new SubSonik line yet...

2 minutes ago, Highy said:

100% sonik man myself, respooled mine other day with DPF 15lb...spare spools will have subsonik on, which I don't know yet. 

From Sonik... 

Screenshot_20210716_152627.thumb.jpg.8e14f07b2126afafca0ecd9b6d0bfb00.jpg

Brown, Green, Caom in 15lb to 22lb

Screenshot_20210716_152647.thumb.jpg.545047a12c3c82600a29e60df4d63b15.jpg

Clear and Red from 15lb to 33lb

3 minutes ago, Highy said:

Let me know how you get on with it please. Very interested. May just buy a spool anyway and see how I get on.

• 4 weeks later...

I found the Gardner Pro line in 12lb its really strong and round, good quality, cheap. Its ok buying a cheap in, but most don't spool all that well, and come off in coils despite how hard you try. I found this even good for my floater fishing, its seems the carp find the green colour hard to detect? Its worth also running a decent amount of line off in the park, and winding it back on through your finger and thumb. Long grass is perfect as it works out all the coils. 😇