How's everyone bearing up....?

Everyone okay...? is the lockdown causing  you any issues....???

I gotta say I'm going a bit stir crazy... the wife's a key worker (security) and has has to attend her office, so I'm on me jack for nigh on 10 hours a day...

The radio helps (can't abide daytime telly) Just a bit of shopping gets me out of the house... I actually look forward to putting the bins out on a Wednesday

Thought I'd be a bit better than this to be honest...😒

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been better, I lost my dad to the Coronavirus yesterday, he also had to try and get over cancer but he caught it whilst in hospital having an op to remove that, he didn't have the strength left t

My life hasn’t changed one bit,it’s business as usual for me. I’m a key worker and we’re busy as ever I’ve had one day off in April so far so earned lots of fishing tokens 😂😂😂 I still do everythi

Hi Tree   Got to agree with you there mate ‘anxiety sucks’   I don’t think your the only one who’s gets it especially at these times. I think you maybe mentioned how you felt because of Elmo’s sad new

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

I gotta say I'm going a bit stir crazy... the wife's a key worker (security) and has has to attend her office, so I'm on me jack for nigh on 10 hours a day...

The radio helps (can't abide daytime telly) Just a bit of shopping gets me out of the house... I actually look forward to putting the bins out on a Wednesday

Same here mate - I live alone anyway, so lockdown is absolutely boring. But, I count myself one of the lucky ones, being healthy and still employed - I work in the oil and gas industry and for lockdown we're all working from home - which in reality means watching as much Disney+ and YouTube fishing videos as possible. 

I'm more than happy and prepared to be bored for as long as is needed to minimize the spread.

I also may or may not have set up my bivvy and bedchair in the spare room and spent a night or two in it just to try and catch some of the feeling of being on the bank. I haven't quite set up the TV in front of it with a 12 hour video of a lake....yet.

2 hours ago, bluelabel said:

I used to get excited when it was a 2 x wheelie bin day ( blue - plastic and cardboard , and brown - gardening and waste food ) , but they don't collect the brown bin anymore ( the one bin we have to pay to be collected ! 😡

My life hasn’t changed one bit,it’s business as usual for me. I’m a key worker and we’re busy as ever I’ve had one day off in April so far so earned lots of fishing tokens 😂😂😂

I still do everything I did before lockdown. Walk the dog after work every day (like i did before lockdown) still get to go see my granddaughter as she lives by my works (we keep the 2 metre rule) and I’m use to doing longish periods due to wk end work without wetting a line as it’s just the job I’ve done the last 25 years. Next wk the particular job I’m on starts to slow down then I suppose it will hit me a bit harder as there will be no wk end work.

I also realise that this virus is a killer and people have lost loved ones so I don’t want my post to come over as blasé but I’ve honestly not been effected by anything that’s gone on,so far. I do think that people was very naive about covid 19 some still probably are and there attitude towards it stinks and all this I wanna go fishing is reminding me of a spoilt brat who can’t get there own way ! 
We must all stand together against this and follow the guidelines and hopefully we will be over this life changing times soon enough. As always if any member is struggling I’m ALWAYS a the end of a PM....... even if you fancy a chat about footy,fishing or life in general remember you are not alone,there is always someone to talk to. Stay safe,boys. 😬🎣    

It would be easy for me to slip down, unseen, to a local lake where no one else fishes anyway. No harm to anyone but I can’t do it. If one person makes an exception, then they can hardly criticise the next excuse that comes along etc. etc. Out of respect for people like Snowmanstevo, I will stay at thome. My neighbours understand this and one of them sent me the following cartoon which made me smile.

covid.thumb.jpg.6ea84fda6f91482c8e8ec354d3552be8.jpg

I've been better, I lost my dad to the Coronavirus yesterday, he also had to try and get over cancer but he caught it whilst in hospital having an op to remove that, he didn't have the strength left to fight it, I went to see him the day before and said my goodbyes but it was heartbreaking to see him suffering like that,I'm kind of glad he is at peace now but I really do miss him,

I've been quite vocal about keeping a safe distance at work and implementing measures for extra safety to try and help, my mum and dad were both self isolating before, just feels wrong, and I can't help but want to blame the people that seem to think it's OK to ignore what the government has told them, yes my dad had underlying health issues but he wasn't a statistic he was my dad, and an absolute hero to me, everyone loves him he was a pillar of the community, and today I've got to go and tell people the bad news, I haven't told my kids yet, it's going to break there hearts, they loved grandad, 

Just stay safe all, these are all real people not statistics 

My dad really was my best friend,life changing for me when I lost him. You have my deepest sympathies Elmo,it’s never a good time to lose a loved one even more so with what’s going on. Take solace that you have great memories of your dad and remember the good times,things will get easier,even tho it may not seem it atm. Drop us a line if you need a chat,mate.

Thanks guys means a lot to know there are always people out there, it's going to be easy to remember the good times he was a great role model and would always see the funny side and the good side of people, he owned a butchers shop and would regularly give free cooked meat and pies to the homeless people to help them out, a real salt of the earth kind of guy 

Cheers all stay safe 

On 23/04/2020 at 18:05, snowmanstevo said:

My life hasn’t changed one bit,it’s business as usual for me. I’m a key worker and we’re busy as ever I’ve had one day off in April so far so earned lots of fishing tokens 😂😂😂

I still do everything I did before lockdown. Walk the dog after work every day (like i did before lockdown) still get to go see my granddaughter as she lives by my works (we keep the 2 metre rule) and I’m use to doing longish periods due to wk end work without wetting a line as it’s just the job I’ve done the last 25 years. Next wk the particular job I’m on starts to slow down then I suppose it will hit me a bit harder as there will be no wk end work.

I also realise that this virus is a killer and people have lost loved ones so I don’t want my post to come over as blasé but I’ve honestly not been effected by anything that’s gone on,so far. I do think that people was very naive about covid 19 some still probably are and there attitude towards it stinks and all this I wanna go fishing is reminding me of a spoilt brat who can’t get there own way ! 
We must all stand together against this and follow the guidelines and hopefully we will be over this life changing times soon enough. As always if any member is struggling I’m ALWAYS a the end of a PM....... even if you fancy a chat about footy,fishing or life in general remember you are not alone,there is always someone to talk to. Stay safe,boys. 😬🎣    

Same stevo ... still working at the moment.  

My mental health  is all over place i have issues with anxiety  as it Hate working  from home.   Got a massive ankle injury so i cant run  or (go to get treatment  to fix it as there shut) whixh is my normal coping mechanism. Cant go fishing  ( well im sure we could socailly distance fishing  quite easily)

A few years ago I would used the time and gone regards but i was young  and immature.

But i am luckly that i have my health and havnt lost anyone.  But im sure there are people far worse then me but the bigger  picture is more important. Im just worried  about how messed up the uk will be as a result. 

Edited by Tree123
On 23/04/2020 at 14:03, yonny said:

94258528_2842446255851919_8335516466145132544_n.jpg

Seen this & hope so...

On 23/04/2020 at 13:52, bluelabel said:

I gotta say I'm going a bit stir crazy... the wife's a key worker.

No issues, just really wanna fish, all this buying and no playing.

Also wife is an Auxiliary Nurse at Wigan AnE.

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I lost my dad to the Coronavirus yesterday

I've been quite vocal about keeping a safe distance at work.

So sorry Elmo...really feel what you mean about work, me too.

Also I'm still working, more overtime than ever now, but it's one of those, do I do it for something to do, but I do wanna keep safe too, I've got 1 day off in next 3 weeks (tomorrow).

Hopefully there will be some good(ish) news for us in next couple weeks.