How's everyone bearing up....?

bluelabel

12 minutes ago, CarpingCraig said:

Fingers absolutely crossed!

@Highy When do you think that could come into play?

It's all up to Government really, I would say 3 more months.

personallylock down should continue, do not lift anything partitaly here partitaly there, there are plenty of sports that can distance....Fishing, Golf, Bowls, Tennis, Cycling, Jogging, Darts, Snooker.

U til we see a decrease in any figures, we should stay safe, Keyworkers carry on for the Country, 

Personally -

Martial Law- the law administered by military forces that is invoked by a government in an emergency when the civilian law enforcement agencies are unable to maintain public order and safety.

Edited by Highy

6 hours ago, Highy said:

It's all up to Government really, I would say 3 more months.

I doubt  that dont see why  it need to last that long.  The cases are coming down  deaths  are down plus i think people are getting bored of a lockdown and will.start doinf what they want  soon and ive seen  a lot more people  clearly beeaking the rules  this week then i have any other week Plus it will cripple   so many clubs shop  businesses a month hault will kill so much. Plus all the ectra deaths eg. Cancer screenings that arent happening

But maybe  as im finding lockdown so depressing im lookking for something postive.

Edited by Tree123

36 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

I doubt  that dont see why  it need to last that long.  The cases are coming down  deaths  are down plus i think people are getting bored of a lockdown and will.start doinf what they want  soon and ive seen  a lot more people  clearly beeaking the rules  this week then i have any other week Plus it will cripple   so many clubs shop  businesses a month hault will kill so much. Plus all the ectra deaths eg. Cancer screenings that arent happening

But maybe  as im finding lockdown so depressing im lookking for something postive.

I think they need to keep us locked down too for a while longer, they don't want it to flare up letting people out too soon, we're all in the same boat, I would love to be living a normal life again but we need to get a lid on it properly, as much as it sucks, it is just temporary 

I do sympathise it's not doing my anxiety any good either, when I was at work I was so tense I was getting chest pains and losing my rag with lots of things constantly because of this, it's been a tough time mentally 

We need to stay safe for now though it's for the best for all of us 

Ill be honest . I tried to end all  it last week in my own spare bedroom  with my wife and baby in the house as i could deal with everything going on and im now dealing with  in correct way but that what his has driven me too.  Im in a much better place now with it all but still not great

But i have pretty much put myself in a media blackout over then my wife telling me what the update  says.  No idea why i thought   i would tell you  his story  or even come on to the topic as you clearly being affected   way more  then i am  sorry about your loss.

Yup anxiety  sucks  so know what your going though with that.

Edited by Tree123

41 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

Ill be honest . I tried to end all  it last week in my own spare bedroom  with my wife and baby in the house as i could deal with everything going on and im now dealing with  in correct way but that what his has driven me too.  Im in a much better place now with it all but still not great

But i have pretty much put myself in a media blackout over then my wife telling me what the update  says.  No idea why i thought   i would tell you  his story  or even come on to the topic as you clearly being affected   way more  then i am  sorry about your loss.

Mate if you ever need to talk to someone I am here, I went through a similar thing a couple of years ago, actually it turned out to be the moment I actually started to deal with and face up to things the right way, hope it is for you too, 

It's also good to talk to anyone that will listen, you're not alone pal we've all got our demons but talking to people makes you realise you are not alone, 

1 hour ago, Tree123 said:

I know it's easier said than done mate, but we all need to try and stay positive.

No matter how bad things seem, we are all relatively fortunate to of been born in this country. There's many reasons a lot of migrants head for our little island. 

I really hope this situation will make us realise that money is not a measure of happiness. Family and friends provide real value to life, IMO. 

Like elmo says if ever anyone gets a bit down, please pm or open chat with me or someone on here. Please, please talk it over and know that we all have that new PB to achieve😉

My condolences Elmo.  I think we may need to keep a little courage in reserve in case the virus comes in a second wave either because of mutation or simple re-infection.  The unknown is always the scary bit.  If it does happen at least we'll all know the protocols and there won't be all the fumbling there was initially. 

Tree123 because this pandemic is so far from our experiences it's easy to fall into depression or panic, but like Snowmanstevo said we can talk to each other and regain perspective.  We may be a touch dysfunctional but we are a family.  This isn't the end of the world and it isn't the Twilight Zone, and we'll get through it.

My fishing season in Saskatchewan has been announced and will begin May 5th.  Since I only got out a few times last year, and didn't go ice fishing once last winter I'm looking forward to it.  For the first time since I was 16 I don't need a fishing license in my home province since I'm now 65 and officially a senior!

3 hours ago, Tree123 said:

I’m glad you chose to tell us,mate. If your feeling so down you should get in touch with your doctor ASAP mate for some help,you need to make them first steps to recovery because what I’ve read is not good mate. Stay safe and get some professional help.

3 hours ago, Tree123 said:

Hi Tree   Got to agree with you there mate ‘anxiety sucks’   I don’t think your the only one who’s gets it especially at these times. I think you maybe mentioned how you felt because of Elmo’s sad news and that just gets you thinking mate, and it’s good to let it out even on a keyboard seeing in in print. Iv only been a member of this forum a short time and and the lads come across as sound so just remember for every reply you get that’s a guy tapping away on a keyboard to you who cares  

As the lads say you can tap a personal message to anyone or on here. 

Geoff. 

We told the girls today about grandad, my youngest didn't really understand but my eldest daughter did, I said when you look up in the sky grandad will always be the brightest star, 

She said if I see a shooting star I would wish for grandad to be alive again, that made me cry it was so heartbreaking but beautiful at the same time bless her, 

18 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

We told the girls today about grandad, my youngest didn't really understand but my eldest daughter did, I said when you look up in the sky grandad will always be the brightest star, 

She said if I see a shooting star I would wish for grandad to be alive again, that made me cry it was so heartbreaking but beautiful at the same time bless her, 

Right in the feels there... 

30 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Same here Elmo, wife's dad (father in-law) just didn't wake up from a sleep...when we explained to little lad, same happened, has a picture of him in his bedroom and says "Night Grandad" every night still (5 years on).

Stay safe 💪

21 hours ago, Tree123 said:

My mental health  is all over place i have issues with anxiety  as it Hate working  from home.   Got a massive ankle injury so i cant run  or (go to get treatment  to fix it as there shut) whixh is my normal coping mechanism. Cant go fishing  ( well im sure we could socailly distance fishing  quite easily)

A few years ago I would used the time and gone regards but i was young  and immature.

But i am luckly that i have my health and havnt lost anyone.  But im sure there are people far worse then me but the bigger  picture is more important. Im just worried  about how messed up the uk will be as a result. 

Hello Tree

It's upsetting to read that  you are suffering .

Can you drive , and walk on your ankle ? .

I asked the manager of my club lakes if I could walk around the lakes with my Wife as part of our exercise , and I was delighted when he said yes .

It's about a 10min. drive to the lakes then my Wife and I can watch the bird life and spend about 30-40mins. at the lakes without meeting anyone nor stopping on the way to the lakes .

😃

50 minutes ago, Highy said:

Same here Elmo, wife's dad (father in-law) just didn't wake up from a sleep...when we explained to little lad, same happened, has a picture of him in his bedroom and says "Night Grandad" every night still (5 years on).

Stay safe 💪

Thats really nice I like that, I might do the same 

Cheers 

1 minute ago, crusian said:

Hello Tree

It's upsetting to read that  you are suffering .

Can you drive , and walk on your ankle ? .

I asked the manager of my club lakes if I could walk around the lakes with my Wife as part of our exercise , and I was delighted when he said yes .

It's about a 10min. drive to the lakes then my Wife and I can watch the bird life and spend about 30-40mins. at the lakes without meeting anyone nor stopping on the way to the lakes .

😃

I can walk/ cycle  on it fine (it just gets a lot worse if i run on it)  so i still get out every day  for fresh  air ive been going to the local lake as there is a footpath  round  it so doing what i can.

Sorry to hear of your loss elmo. I lost my Dad to cancer a good few years ago but at least the consultant could tell him he had 6 months to go and make the most of it so we were prepared and he was accurate in his prediction. To have someone snatched from you in a short space of time must be doubly hard. Nothing prepares you for the death of a parent, I felt "hollow" for a couple of years.

Unfortunately people who feel desperate and see no future could see suicide as a release and I hope Tree123 can take comfort in the messages so far. I had a fishing mate commit suicide a few years ago and I did contact him quite regularly but it was difficult 'phoning him as you never knew quite what mental state he was in. I let myself be used as a verbal punch bag a few times while he let off steam but never let it get to me as I knew it wasn't the person I knew saying those hurtful things. I 'phoned him one evening and said I didn't have to worry as he wouldn't be around much longer and a chill ran down my spine. He took his life a few days later.

These are worrying times and even if the virus clears up, the economic effects will be felt for years to come. But you have to believe that things will get better and time they will. Stay strong and turn to you family and friends and hopefully they will help you through it.

28 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

Sorry been away from  this post for few days.  Thabks for the surrport Once again the media hyped  up the meeting thing today would bring   some postive news changes but once again nothing is changing and they dint know when it will just the typical sit on tge fence just as  i was starting to warm to Johnson 

It's for the best I think we stay safe mate as tough as it is, no point risking a fresh spread of it, just got to stay strong for the time being and stay safe, how have you been getting on this last few days? Do you feel any better in Yourself?