How's everyone bearing up....?

bluelabel

20 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

No way as happy as i was pre all this. But  i am much more grounded with it. Everyday is still a struggle. I wasnt expecting  them to ease it yet but at least  give us a better idea.  They  just told us what we already knew that we were over the peak. Maybe it was my fault for beliveing media hype haha

I stopped listening to it all a couple of weeks ago I guess the thing I feared most happened, but now we just got to wait tbh, I agree though it is tough im just trying to keep plodding through, keeping busy with little jobs and tasks to keep me busy, it will get easier just stay strong and be kind to yourself 

6 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I stopped listening to it all a couple of weeks ago I guess the thing I feared most happened, but now we just got to wait tbh, I agree though it is tough im just trying to keep plodding through, keeping busy with little jobs and tasks to keep me busy, it will get easier just stay strong and be kind to yourself 

Your dealing with way worse then i am. On saturdag im gonna drive down to the river for a change  of scenery  to normal walks/exercise. It bit further  away a drive then  what i am have been doing but i dont expect  to see anyway so i sure it shall be fine. 

The silverlining is that i will probz. Have brought everything  on my wishlist.  My the time i get to use it

Edited by Tree123

8 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I don't think I am really dealing with it yet tbh, I'm still in denial I think, just trying to be strong for everyone else and getting through each day, 

Change of scenery would be good I think, something different to look at will be good, as long as you can do it safely i think it's probably OK 

When my mum lost her mum a few years ago.  She was in the same way it took her a while to accept what happened before  she dealt with it. I guess  it dealing with the normal  brevamenr process so many people to inform. Im sure it will be ok  if it makes me feel better ill go have mooch around an old lake  that i used to love  and definitely  have some unfinished  business  with incase I want to move away from my perch/roach/rudd fishinf i have planned this year.

Edited by Tree123

Same here I don’t watch the news if I can help it 🙄

On a lighter note i popped in to see the old couple iv done work in the past for took them bread and milk they had their face masks on and kept our distance. They haven’t seen there son and his wife and the grandkids for 3 months ish so I had  arranged with their son to face time them. I set my phone up on the kitchen table and they had a chat ... I had to go in the garden for it was getting a bit emotional for a bit.  But all happy and I came away with a home made lemon drizzle cake 

• 9 months later...

I'm happy because I'm being discharged from hospital today.  I tore off the entire quadriceps tendon in my right knee at work last Friday morning so today is 1 week since surgery, and I've been riding the hydromorphone train ever since.  As in the last line from the Little Golden Book,  The Bears' Picnic; "Travelling is fun, but it's always nice to be home again."

3 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

I'm happy because I'm being discharged from hospital today.  I tore off the entire quadriceps tendon in my right knee at work last Friday morning so today is 1 week since surgery, and I've been riding the hydromorphone train ever since.  As in the last line from the Little Golden Book,  The Bears' Picnic; "Travelling is fun, but it's always nice to be home again."

Ouch that's not good, take it easy mate, my dad did the same and they sent him home from hospital and the next day it happened again as he was walking up the stairs, just don't push it too much too soon, 

Wishing you a good recovery mate, take it easy! These things will need time to heal up properly mate. Time to catch up on all those series and films you’ve had on the back burner! 

I'm feeling a bit off, I had my covid jab yesterday. Nothing a few paracetamol and a day on the sofa binging YouTube couldn’t cure! 

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

Wishing you a good recovery mate, take it easy! These things will need time to heal up properly mate. Time to catch up on all those series and films you’ve had on the back burner! 

I'm feeling a bit off, I had my covid jab yesterday. Nothing a few paracetamol and a day on the sofa binging YouTube couldn’t cure! 

Did you have the AstraZeneca one? My mum,  auntie and uncle all had the AstraZeneca one and all had minor side effects. Only lasted a day or so then they felt fine. As you say a day on the sofa will see you right 

My mum had her first jab yesterday, took a real weight off my mind, nice to see people getting the vaccine, still need to keep safe though for now but that was the one I needed to happen, its been pretty horrible since before Christmas, hopefully things are starting to get a little better 

Stay safe everyone 🤞

Thanks everyone, I'm in.  My friend and carping buddy Rob came and got me and took me home.  He did everything, spent time after work for days moving all my clutter so I can navigate with the walker, picked up all the mobility aids, handicapped parking permit,brought me food once when the hospital food was incredibly vile, and done tons of other stuff, too much to list, then spent all afternoon today shifting things around so they're in the right place, and we had a few beer too, in celebration.  There's groceries tomorrow, and probably more.  I've had big tendon tears before but this is worst than any so far.

He's one in a million. 20 years ago I asked him where he was going, and he said "Carp fishing."  And I laughed.  Carp fishing.  Happened again, I said where ya goin', Carp Boy?"  I mocked him until after 4 or 5 times he said "Do you want to come?"  'Yeah sure, for all the time it will take."  20 miles away (the swim we call the dam).  I wasn't taking it seriously, ha ha, carp fishing.  I took a 6 weight fly rod and a little box of flies. Danny hooked something, maybe 10lb or more and lost it, but I could tell it put up a good fight. I'd put on a woolley black thing with a tiny chunk of worm on the barb, worked out some line and just layed my rod on the ground at my feet, (carp fishing... but it was starting to look interesting}.  Rob caught my attention and motioned at the water in front of us, and my fly line was starting to take off.  I caught about a 5 pounder, but he fought like nothing else that size I'd encountered, jumped out of the water like a trout.

I’m glad that your mate is there to give you a hand mate, true friends like that are priceless. 

i had the phizer vaccine, the side effects are gone now. I had worse side effects with the anthrax vaccines to be honest, the covid ones were nothing to worry about. The whole process was very slick, I got an email inviting me to book a jab, went online and got an appt for the next day. Turned up, proved my eligibility, filled out a few forms, had the jab, waited 15mins and went back home. 

12 hours ago, Big Bass said:

I to count myself lucky having a fishing buddy and friend of 20+ years always there for you. He’s been in the wars lately the latest is in the near future maybe having a pacemaker.... I said that could come in handy mate I can charge my phone with it, he had a good laugh. 

After my dad had the mitral valve from a pig transplanted to his heart, and shortly after got a pacemaker, he used to remark that they'd done a valve job and installed an electronic ignition.

• 3 weeks later...

Boom, got my first jab next week got the letter today due to being a carer for people with vulnerability to covid, could of got it weeeks ago if i checked this things out fully lol.  better get those lakes open!

Although, i am a bit peed off with all the shots i have had due to others dodgey immune systems i have health problems of my own and as for seeing the amount of people claiming they can't wear a face cover in shops not even so much as a scarf ( yeah right) i don't know why i bother, i'm giving serious thought to heading to Mexico sneaking in to the US and shacking up with a hippy bird at a certain south cali off grid hippy village lol. 

Maybe another bike ride today.... Yesterday was nearly all canal, did see 1 or 2 carp surface, seen the Fox Frontier in the Flesh woooow, massive is not the word. 

Some lads I spoke to were chancing it on canals doing the night.... 1 lad has done 40 nights on 1 of the Flashes near me, not even a bleep.