Jump to content

How's everyone bearing up....?


bluelabel

Recommended Posts

Maybe find another stretch?? Lol! I wouldnt chance it myself, it would only take one over zealous dog Walker or someone and theres a fine!Although I know of a stretch or two that I could do nights on and no one would know, but for me its not worth it. We will all be back under brollies soon enough, a few more weeks to hang on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These last few days have been perfect out for a few i got my garden looking ***** n span already as a lot of stuff is coming up early my Hollyhocks are are out the fruit trees will have blossom on them by next weekish if this keeps up, just reseeded the lawn, all 2x2 meters of it lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last week I was standing in my garden thinking that with a raised lawn and a sunken path with a flower bed running parallel to the path, I thought, that patch of raised lawn is wasting valuable space

4 days later Ive knocked down the lawn retaining wall, broken up all the rubble, spread this over the path. Broken up the low wall retaining the flower bed, then dug up all the lawn and earth, spreading it over the path and flower bed. So the whole garden is now level soil. Next job is to level the patio area thats two levels, put sleepers down along the soil boarders, lay a load of topsoil, then turf it all to make a lawn. Then box the lower level of the patio off, fill with hardcore and concrete to bring the patio to one level. Redo the fence panels at the back, build planters out of sleepers, finally a pergola over the patio and I should be done...

...I am not a gardener... my wife can do the planting and flower side!

goddamn lockdown!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Last week I was standing in my garden thinking that with a raised lawn and a sunken path with a flower bed running parallel to the path, I thought, that patch of raised lawn is wasting valuable space

4 days later Ive knocked down the lawn retaining wall, broken up all the rubble, spread this over the path. Broken up the low wall retaining the flower bed, then dug up all the lawn and earth, spreading it over the path and flower bed. So the whole garden is now level soil. Next job is to level the patio area thats two levels, put sleepers down along the soil boarders, lay a load of topsoil, then turf it all to make a lawn. Then box the lower level of the patio off, fill with hardcore and concrete to bring the patio to one level. Redo the fence panels at the back, build planters out of sleepers, finally a pergola over the patio and I should be done...

...I am not a gardener... my wife can do the planting and flower side!

goddamn lockdown!

Will keep you busy

I've just been reacquainting myself with the place, quite a lot of water everywhere still, was lovely to be out though

IMG_20210228_125651.thumb.jpg.6acb88afce699ac4488adbcbe4897bca.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Last week I was standing in my garden thinking that with a raised lawn and a sunken path with a flower bed running parallel to the path, I thought, that patch of raised lawn is wasting valuable space

4 days later Ive knocked down the lawn retaining wall, broken up all the rubble, spread this over the path. Broken up the low wall retaining the flower bed, then dug up all the lawn and earth, spreading it over the path and flower bed. So the whole garden is now level soil. Next job is to level the patio area thats two levels, put sleepers down along the soil boarders, lay a load of topsoil, then turf it all to make a lawn. Then box the lower level of the patio off, fill with hardcore and concrete to bring the patio to one level. Redo the fence panels at the back, build planters out of sleepers, finally a pergola over the patio and I should be done...

...I am not a gardener... my wife can do the planting and flower side!

goddamn lockdown!

Gardening is one of those things i have a natural aptitude to i like to mess around with organic growing i'd love a fish pond,circulate a small amount of the pond water around the flower beds just not a big fan of mixing water and electric.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im not a natural gardener unfortunately! We moved in July last year, with covid and my wife and I being healthcare workers, weve been too busy to devote much time to renovation. In the last few weeks, Ive stripped all the wallpaper, demolished and rebuilt a fireplace and sorted the cracks in the render. We always wanted to level the garden to make the most of the space we have, but wanted to wait until spring. Then last week I thought ah well, lets just make a start now and see what happens... its come along a lot quicker than I thought, the wife is made up, shes ordered sleepers and all sorts now! The father in law isnt so impressed, he will have to do the concreting! I thought it would take 3 weeks to get to the point Im at now, I can even use the hardcore and rubble from the old walls and steps as a rubble base for the patio extension, so nothing is wasted or tipped. The excess soil we had filled 15 rubble sacks which has been given to family and friends needing soil for their own garden projects, I dont enjoy a tip run!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

A pond!!

I had a tape measure out a little while ago, I think it was a bad idea

Due to an incoming trampoline it looks like it may need to be half paved or something so that will need digging, levelling and all sorts I think I am joining your chain gang

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Well Im thinking of finding somewhere in the house to store it all... its a hard sell on the wife, she doesnt appreciate waking every morning to the rod hold-all at the end of the bed...

i mean really, is it so much to ask??

Nope she should be honoured you don't keep your bait next to her yoghurts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Got my first jab next weds and my second, end of may... starting to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel at long last... my mood albeit very dark the last few months has started to lighten with the prospect of vaccination and the new bike has helped...

Stay safe lads... not long now

It certainly has been a dark few months off and on, glad it seems to be improving for you again now

I think having the vaccine will help no end, I am still on edge around people and constantly annoyed with the disregard for the rules, I do wonder since Boris's one way ticket to freedom speech if that people now just think its done and we are all safe again, or maybe they all have vaccinated loved ones or just don't care anymore, I'm glad my mum has been vaccinated now that was my biggest concern, now its what is going to happen when the schools go back,

Good news though due to the pandemic my syndicate ticket has been extended till the end of May,

Just hope I get to use it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

Got my first jab next weds and my second, end of may... starting to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel at long last... my mood albeit very dark the last few months has started to lighten with the prospect of vaccination and the new bike has helped...

Stay safe lads... not long now

Had mine on Tuesday just gone, felt rough as the next day proper power headache. I got sent to the NAC in Stoneleigh it is where they hold the Big One carp show and farm stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wife has got her Second next week, mine is looking like September for 1st...other than that... Its work work work...Monday to Friday & Every Sunday in March (12hr Double bubble)... All inside house jobs done... Started on house sofeta last night, finish tonight, council dropping kerbs, then I'll start for a stone driveway, repaint all garden fences, shed, decking, jet wash all paths... Hopefully all dome by end March... Then back out for fiiiishing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Wife has got her Second next week, mine is looking like September for 1st...other than that... Its work work work...Monday to Friday & Every Sunday in March (12hr Double bubble)... All inside house jobs done... Started on house sofeta last night, finish tonight, council dropping kerbs, then I'll start for a stone driveway, repaint all garden fences, shed, decking, jet wash all paths... Hopefully all dome by end March... Then back out for fiiiishing.

I'm not telling my misses what you do in your spare time, she may get ideas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...