Jump to content

How's everyone bearing up....?


bluelabel

Recommended Posts

It makes perfect sense mate, we should all be rightly proud of the NHS, they get a rough ride, yet they’re there when you need them. I think the pandemic has made people realise/remember how lucky we are to have free healthcare at the point of access and how hard and thankless the job can be, hopefully when this is over, that appreciation lasts and we don’t go back to the “NHS is rubbish” stories we used to see in the tabloids. 
 

one thing I personally noted was the sudden drop in people going to A/E with minor ailments that the GP could deal with, hopefully that will stay the same! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well had my vaccination jab on Monday which I was pleased about as I'm an asthmatic.  The side effects I had I  wasn't so pleased about. Had it monday at 9am,  9pm that night I was dripping with sweat and feeling nauseous. I only started feeling better around midday today. 

Anyone else had the jab and any side effects? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had mine 9am Tuesday felt ok even went into work for the afternoon, ok Wednesday morning come the afternoon had a temperature limbs aching and a headache, ok this morning then iffy this afternoon, at the mo back is aching and got a headache. ....still glad iv had the jab tho. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

Had mine 9am Tuesday felt ok even went into work for the afternoon, ok Wednesday morning come the afternoon had a temperature limbs aching and a headache, ok this morning then iffy this afternoon, at the mo back is aching and got a headache. ....still glad iv had the jab tho. 👍

I'm definitely glad I've had the jab also. 

Sounds a bit familiar your side effects to a couple of people I know. Obviously affects some people differently to others.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, emmcee said:

Well had my vaccination jab on Monday which I was pleased about as I'm an asthmatic.  The side effects I had I  wasn't so pleased about. Had it monday at 9am,  9pm that night I was dripping with sweat and feeling nauseous. I only started feeling better around midday today. 

Anyone else had the jab and any side effects? 

My Wife and me both had the Pfizer jab .

I waited patiently for my Wife to grow another head , but nothing happened ; I just had waves of feeling very tired with an aching arm at the injection site when I lay on it in bed .

My Sister had the Oxford jab and felt a bit sick within about 1 hour of her jab , but that passed . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the phizer jab, got my second on the 29th March, I felt a bit rough the next day, slight headache, feverish etc but it soon past with a bit of paracetamol. I was right as rain the day after. My wife had the Oxford jab and she had high temp and feverish with hot/cold shivers at night but quickly got over it too. Having seen the effects of covid on my patients, I’m glad we’ve both had the jab! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad to read you are all being vaccinated and I hope that keeps you and all yours safe, my Mrs has had her 1st one now I am still waiting for the call,the kids have made it through week 2 of school without being sent to isolate, so far we've had 3 classes closed for isolation in our school , my kids have had 3 scares in their classes but have so far not been sent home, it's still out there I just hope I can carry on avoiding it til I get the vaccine 😬

Stay safe all 👍

Edited by elmoputney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been to the local lake this morning, Spin Doctor all 3 of my rods and set them all up ready. 

There was 3 lads on who were all together and done from Saturday afternoon, NAUGHTY, had 1 fish each. 

I did tell em on there heads be it and I've seen E.A patrolling down the local Flash, didn't look bothered. 

On a good hand though last night wife asked, when am I going fishing, she said go Good Friday, even for night if you want, also going the 11th April... So that's 2 x 24hr in same week 😲😲

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dug out an old Still Water 6000 gt baitrunner it'll do the job just put some new line on it i had spare and it's looking good for a mid water zig rod, already got some fox zig line in 12lb so if it comes to it i will do a mid water pop up and call it Ziggin'.

Really liking the look of the Dynamite pellets and bollie range thinking of having a dedicated pellet rod out all this season that's fishing a pellet hook bait?

Not sure if i should be using maggots on at least one rod? PVA bag of spicy mags? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/03/2021 at 10:53, Highy said:

Been to the local lake this morning, Spin Doctor all 3 of my rods and set them all up ready. 

There was 3 lads on who were all together and done from Saturday afternoon, NAUGHTY, had 1 fish each. 

I did tell em on there heads be it and I've seen E.A patrolling down the local Flash, didn't look bothered. 

On a good hand though last night wife asked, when am I going fishing, she said go Good Friday, even for night if you want, also going the 11th April... So that's 2 x 24hr in same week 😲😲

 

Been again to same lake, what difference a day makes... Not a single person fishing, seen 3 or 4 fish fully head n shoulders jump out... Was there around 2hrs. 

Im really itching now and might even sneak a 2 hr quick session in morning. Rod Bag, Tackle bag, Mat, use my fake Baits / Cork balls soaked in Betalin. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do find it strange how the Covid jab affects people so differently. My wife and I had the Oxford one, around 6 weeks ago and neither of us suffered any after effects, at all. Our son had his a couple of weeks ago and felt constantly tired and aching for several days afterwards.

Ian.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Highy said:

I'm all set for my 4am wake up call, for my 1st night of the year, 36hr on park lake with 2 mates 🎣🤞, and the Dog 😁

Got here at 4.30, think I had 2hra sleep, like a kid at Christmas in a sweet shop, 3/4 bivvies in deep end, walked the lake, 1 other bivvy in shallows. 

Screenshot_20210402_052526.thumb.jpg.a224ade6eef89f5bb3d30cf0bb2d1fb9.jpg

Orange dot is the 1 bivvy, orange circle bivvys in deep end, I've taken 3 swims with yellow line, me n 2 mates (on way now)... Directly opposite where they feed the ducks, so a trimmed down white pop up / wafter will be the doings there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Highy said:

Got here at 4.30, think I had 2hra sleep, like a kid at Christmas in a sweet shop, 3/4 bivvies in deep end, walked the lake, 1 other bivvy in shallows. 

Screenshot_20210402_052526.thumb.jpg.a224ade6eef89f5bb3d30cf0bb2d1fb9.jpg

Orange dot is the 1 bivvy, orange circle bivvys in deep end, I've taken 3 swims with yellow line, me n 2 mates (on way now)... Directly opposite where they feed the ducks, so a trimmed down white pop up / wafter will be the doings there. 

Good luck mate hope you smash it, 👍🍀👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...