Jump to content

D rig and trig hammers


Recommended Posts

Just now, Enzyme said:

Coming on here is sadder than living on here 24-7 for about 10 years is it?

Don't make me laugh you prat

It's about 10yrs I've been a member yes. I must being doing something right I guess. So have you been stalking this forum for 10yrs as well? 

"Live on here", not quite. I come on daily, sometimes every other day, sometimes I might not come on for a whole week, it's even been known for me to disappear for a month or more😱.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When a fish knows the difference between a 6 and a 4 then I’m off to the golf coarse. 😂😂😬 Stinkymink are you Carpmachine in disguise 🤔🤔😂😂😂 

Disrupting the conversation flow a little but this is one of my extended D rigs with a size 6 Trig Hammer  

This is all opinion though 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

We are here if you need us, please don't be a stranger 

That's the spirit!  I won't bother trying to clean this up on my phone (it's just after midnight here).  When the Bwana was still alive and coming out from Alberta to fish for a month each summer he tied big paternoster rigs with huge razor-sharp shark hooks, and they were cruel looking things.  I tried to steer him toward more conventional methods but no go.  He rarely lost a fish and caught a lot of big ones, so I think I was just a bit jealous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

That's the spirit!  I won't bother trying to clean this up on my phone (it's just after midnight here).  When the Bwana was still alive and coming out from Alberta to fish for a month each summer he tied big paternoster rigs with huge razor-sharp shark hooks, and they were cruel looking things.  I tried to steer him toward more conventional methods but no go.  He rarely lost a fish and caught a lot of big ones, so I think I was just a bit jealous.

Fishing is all about opinions and using what you are confident using, its the only way to go really, I don't really get too jealous of other anglers tbh, I have no desire to be on the front of carp world every month or be the best angler, I just want to be better than myself, which is why I enjoy coming on here so I can learn more, I don't understand Lenard for this reason he seems a knowledgeable angler but he seems to want to be seen as the best and brightest but without giving anything away. It's almost like he wants to be taken seriously but people never have, and now he is angry about it, either that or he has an axe to grind with a growing number of people on here and can't see past that, 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

, I don't really get too jealous of other anglers tbh, I have no desire to be on the front of carp world every month or be the best angler, I just want to be better than myself, which is why I enjoy coming on here so I can learn more

 

The Bwana (Eric Balson) wasn't what I'd call competitive, but he was all business when it came to putting them on the bank.  Ha ha, I had to erase a 1,000 word biography.  He was a heck of a man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Fishing is all about opinions and using what you are confident using, its the only way to go really, I don't really get too jealous of other anglers tbh, I have no desire to be on the front of carp world every month or be the best angler, I just want to be better than myself, which is why I enjoy coming on here so I can learn more, I don't understand Lenard for this reason he seems a knowledgeable angler but he seems to want to be seen as the best and brightest but without giving anything away. It's almost like he wants to be taken seriously but people never have, and now he is angry about it, either that or he has an axe to grind with a growing number of people on here and can't see past that, 

 

Totally agree that fishing is all about opinions and these opinions will come from  firstly and most importantly , your own fishing and what you've seen and secondly,  what you have witnessed in other people's fishing. Now for me no one is right and no one is wrong,  unless its something glaringly obvious to everyone.  But as you say " Leonard " came across as , "that's rubbish so don't ever use it and if you do you'll never catch and are stupid If you do". Like you say, he wants to be listened to and most be people would listen if he could accept that his  opinion isn't always the same as someone else's and just because he said something it was right. It was right for him obviously.  He just needed to write/ come across differently and it would be just fine. Instead of saying something like " that's rubbish , don't use it etc" which has some for aggression in it, that's how I read aitvanyway.  All that needs to be said is, " I've tried them and for me they weren't that good etc " . You'd be like, fair enough thanks for your help. 

And spot on when you say you fish for yourself.  Those that are more worried about what tom, Dickie and harry are doing are the ones that get left behind.  All I want to do is enjoy it, make some good friends and hopefully beat my PB, but the last one is just a bonus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, emmcee said:

Totally agree that fishing is all about opinions and these opinions will come from  firstly and most importantly , your own fishing and what you've seen and secondly,  what you have witnessed in other people's fishing. Now for me no one is right and no one is wrong,  unless its something glaringly obvious to everyone.  But as you say " Leonard " came across as , "that's rubbish so don't ever use it and if you do you'll never catch and are stupid If you do". Like you say, he wants to be listened to and most be people would listen if he could accept that his  opinion isn't always the same as someone else's and just because he said something it was right. It was right for him obviously.  He just needed to write/ come across differently and it would be just fine. Instead of saying something like " that's rubbish , don't use it etc" which has some for aggression in it, that's how I read aitvanyway.  All that needs to be said is, " I've tried them and for me they weren't that good etc " . You'd be like, fair enough thanks for your help. 

And spot on when you say you fish for yourself.  Those that are more worried about what tom, Dickie and harry are doing are the ones that get left behind.  All I want to do is enjoy it, make some good friends and hopefully beat my PB, but the last one is just a bonus. 

Exactly set your own targets, make your own goals, find what works for you, if that isn't working or you think you can improve it then learn how to do that, naturally we all find things we can do better and make tweaks and improvements, and that is the greatest thing about angling, the only person you need to worry about is yourself, and that is why I like coming on here we can all learn and share freely and make improvements and suggestions without it being black and white or right and wrong, and someone else might have faced a similar part of a puzzle before and help you to see the wood for the trees 👍

take my new lake for example I noticed on my first trip they all seemed to have a thing for using bait boats, I could look at that and think aaagh they are only going to get caught from right under bushes or hard to reach areas, but I don't I think I will have to do the polar opposite and fish over a wide scattering of bait, which is also handy because my throwing stick doesn't seem that accurate 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Exactly set your own targets, make your own goals, find what works for you, if that isn't working or you think you can improve it then learn how to do that, naturally we all find things we can do better and make tweaks and improvements, and that is the greatest thing about angling, the only person you need to worry about is yourself, and that is why I like coming on here we can all learn and share freely and make improvements and suggestions without it being black and white or right and wrong, and someone else might have faced a similar part of a puzzle before and help you to see the wood for the trees 👍

take my new lake for example I noticed on my first trip they all seemed to have a thing for using bait boats, I could look at that and think aaagh they are only going to get caught from right under bushes or hard to reach areas, but I don't I think I will have to do the polar opposite and fish over a wide scattering of bait, which is also handy because my throwing stick doesn't seem that accurate 😂

My mate was on a lake that introduced the use of bait boats. The first year or 2 the fish go hammered,  but after that they went back to normal.  So my mate would tow his rig out with no freebies but bait with a stick and he hammered them again. When something is new then yes go with it but they soon learn that a small pile of bait equals danger, that's my feeling anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...