Jump to content

Ready made tigers yes or no?


Recommended Posts

Cheers all I went and had a look at monster particles as they have a 50%off sale this weekend, use code bank 50 although it didn't work for tigers 

However 

If you look in the clearance section you can get 10kg delivered for £25, I thought that will do, will just freeze them in smaller bags and take one out at a time 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Cheers all I went and had a look at monster particles as they have a 50%off sale this weekend, use code bank 50 although it didn't work for tigers 

However 

If you look in the clearance section you can get 10kg delivered for £25, I thought that will do, will just freeze them in smaller bags and take one out at a time 

That  what used to do  with tigers. 10kg of cooked tiger should last you a very very long time. I used to soak mine in betalin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a tiger query please? 

I bought 10kg of prepared tigers from monster particles a little while ago, and they were delayed on the delivery due to lockdown, they are a bit vinegary when I defrost them I want to be able to refresh them and make them gooey and sweet ? 

If I just added some boiling water to them with some sugar would this freshen them up a bit and get them slimy ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, yonny said:

Worth a go I guess elmo.

I bought some from Monster last year. They were really poor.

You're better off doing them yourself imo mate. Same with all particles.

I think I will do all my own from now on tbh cheaper and fresher , just need to do something with the others first, I will give it a try cheers 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

55 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I have a tiger query please? 

I bought 10kg of prepared tigers from monster particles a little while ago, and they were delayed on the delivery due to lockdown, they are a bit vinegary when I defrost them I want to be able to refresh them and make them gooey and sweet ? 

If I just added some boiling water to them with some sugar would this freshen them up a bit and get them slimy ? 

 

 

43 minutes ago, yonny said:

Worth a go I guess elmo.

I bought some from Monster last year. They were really poor.

You're better off doing them yourself imo mate. Same with all particles.

That says something to me!

If Yonny had some bad ones from Monster, and yours 'aren't right', a bit vinegary, (even if delivery was delayed) personally I would avoid Monster Particles.

When it comes to ready prepared particles, those in the containers by Dynamite, I have found to be the best, as they are actually cooked in the container I believe.

 

As Yonny says, preparing your own gets best results and you know what they are like. I normally do all my own particles, I can experiment with soaks and solutions, but to be honest, in most cases particles are most attractive and need no extras than soak and boil/simmer. Adding chilli, garlic or whatever rarely makes them any better than the standard.

Tigers are a soak for 24hour minimum, and then boil for around 30mins. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To clarify, when I say they were v poor, I mean compared to what you can do yourself. They were usable.

38 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

When it comes to ready prepared particles, those in the containers by Dynamite, I have found to be the best

Agree, all the Dynamite Frenzied range is great. But it wants to be - it costs 5 to 10 times more than most prepared particle suppliers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, yonny said:

To clarify, when I say they were v poor, I mean compared to what you can do yourself. They were usable.

Agree, all the Dynamite Frenzied range is great. But it wants to be - it costs 5 to 10 times more than most prepared particle suppliers.

 

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

 

 

That says something to me!

If Yonny had some bad ones from Monster, and yours 'aren't right', a bit vinegary, (even if delivery was delayed) personally I would avoid Monster Particles.

When it comes to ready prepared particles, those in the containers by Dynamite, I have found to be the best, as they are actually cooked in the container I believe.

 

As Yonny says, preparing your own gets best results and you know what they are like. I normally do all my own particles, I can experiment with soaks and solutions, but to be honest, in most cases particles are most attractive and need no extras than soak and boil/simmer. Adding chilli, garlic or whatever rarely makes them any better than the standard.

Tigers are a soak for 24hour minimum, and then boil for around 30mins. 

 

I have Had some good stuff from Monster to be fair, some of there mixes have been pretty good, I think the delay wasn't good for the nuts though 

I think it's worth getting into self preparing anyway for me, I do like the freshness and the value, doing it myself, will also mean I can have more freezer space for boilies 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am lucky enough to be able to collect them direct from the growers in the Valencia region of Spain. The bonus, apart from being able to choose the biggest and freshest tiger nuts at a sensible price, is they make a delicious milk from Tiger Nuts called horchata. If you are ever there on holiday i the region, I recommend you try some.

 

It is so easy to prepare. Just soak then boil then let it stand for a few days until it is irresistibly gooey to carp. I have never tried ready prepared nuts but cannot imagine them being as good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2020 at 13:49, elmoputney said:

I've been looking at adding a few of these to my particles 

Dynamite bait 

Munch bait etc

Bait tech growers 

Are these pre prepared ones any good or should I get some from elsewhere? 

 

I've been using the dynamite ones mate. Seem to do the trick, i get some pre chopped as well 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Still smell a bit orrible just been and checked

Was a bit of a long shot mate. I think it's game over. They'll still be ok for pre-baiting purposes imo.

13 hours ago, framey said:

cola or similar 

Overrated imo. Too much rubbish in fizzy pop. You just need a bit of sugar to kick-start those natural processes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yonny said:

Was a bit of a long shot mate. I think it's game over. They'll still be ok for pre-baiting purposes imo.

Overrated imo. Too much rubbish in fizzy pop. You just need a bit of sugar to kick-start those natural processes.

I dunno if I want to prebait with them even, I would rather the spots were fresh produce only, if they don't get eaten quickly will be left with rancid bait on them, not worth taking the chance I think, i emailed monster again last night about it will see what they say, I did email at the time they told me to use water and sugar, that hasn't worked, so will see what they say now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, yonny said:

Fair play elmo. If you're confident in the spot and these could ruin that, bin them👍

I think if nuisance fish ate them i might take a risk but its not worth it, 

I got my pellets from blakes baits last week, brilliant service, really quick delivery and there dry particles and pellets are keenly priced too will order from them in the future I think 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...