Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
elmoputney

October Catch Report

1042607432_23lboctobervirginia.thumb.JPG.1d2dabc89d33f94d0bc7654c9efb6e86.JPGQuite excited to start a catch report 😳

23lb on the nose of fenland mirror carp, came just after midnight when I was just dozing back off after my midnight wee 😀 the joys of getting old and drinking a beer in the cold weather 😱, I had a little mid morning powernap today before I packed up too 😳

Tight lines all 👍

I'm not a fan of fixed reel seats normally, but that rod (a Dawson's Medina) was gifted to me by an old chap in our club, it was his late wife's, and I couldn't bring myself to get it chopped about when I had it refurbished... it handled those carp well though... sadly the but extension I have doesn't fit (wrong thread pitch) so I have to fish it as it is... it was originally a spinning rod so it has a bit of backbone

Edited by bluelabel
Addendum

Well finished work early to get a afternoon’s fishing in at a commercial today before the Fisheries shutdown, couldn’t get on the carp lake so went on the match lake. 6lb main line and 5lb hook length, method feeder, hook baits were sweet corn and 8mm wafters. Light feeder rod. Had lots of skimmers up to a pound before the f1’s and small carp turned up. Great fun and boy did I need to get out to fish. 

6CE13638-E045-4F0F-AA3A-C852A60B6F0C.jpeg

Just now, Big Bass said:

Well finished work early to get a afternoon’s fishing in at a commercial today before the Fisheries shutdown, couldn’t get on the carp lake so went on the match lake. 6lb main line and 5lb hook length, method feeder, hook baits were sweet corn and 8mm wafters. Light feeder rod. Had lots of skimmers up to a pound before the f1’s and small carp turned up. Great fun and boy did I need to get out to fish. 

6CE13638-E045-4F0F-AA3A-C852A60B6F0C.jpeg

195AD9C9-FC74-4F12-8565-F52592091C2F.jpeg