Hello all, from the sunny south coast ( not today though )

Hello, thanks for the add to the forum, I have been fishing for carp for some time now ( back in the days of when we rolled up the silver paper from a Fag packet for bite indication ) yeah that long... I am based on the sunny south coast of west sussex and since retiring very early I spend a lot of time chasing Carp...   this is a interesting looking forum and I am going to enjoy having a good read..

9 minutes ago, Choprider said:

Not quite as good as a set of alarms, but it still worked... mind you we didn’t sleep when night fishing back in those days..

I seldom sleep even now, despite having all the necessary gubbins. I'm on a level of alertness at all times.

Ian.

1 minute ago, welder said:

I seldom sleep even now, despite having all the necessary gubbins. I'm on a level of alertness at all times.

Ian.

Yep same here, I did a night at my syndicate last week and stayed up most of the night.... got home following lunchtime and slept until 6 in the evening 😁

18 hours ago, Choprider said:

Hello, thanks for the add to the forum, I have been fishing for carp for some time now ( back in the days of when we rolled up the silver paper from a Fag packet for bite indication ) yeah that long... I am based on the sunny south coast of west sussex and since retiring very early I spend a lot of time chasing Carp...   this is a interesting looking forum and I am going to enjoy having a good read..

Welcome choprider 

10 hours ago, Choprider said:

Not quite as good as a set of alarms, but it still worked... mind you we didn’t sleep when night fishing back in those days..

10 hours ago, Choprider said:

Yep same here, I did a night at my syndicate last week and stayed up most of the night.... got home following lunchtime and slept until 6 in the evening 😁

Welcome 👍

Think I did 1hr nap last night, the norm really for me on a 24hr, most times don't even have that 😂😂

Welcome to Carp.com. 

I remember making bobbins from bread scrunched and moulded around the line when rats weren't that common around our lakes. The original Optonics, so quiet you couldn't hear them from more than a metre away, so staying awake was the norm. 

Carp and tench in the summer, pike, chub and roach in the winter. 

23 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Welcome to Carp.com. 

I remember making bobbins from bread scrunched and moulded around the line when rats weren't that common around our lakes. The original Optonics, so quiet you couldn't hear them from more than a metre away, so staying awake was the norm. 

Carp and tench in the summer, pike, chub and roach in the winter. 

And a tarpaulin draped over a brolly to form a shelter. If you were lucky, a folding camp bed, too.

Ian

11 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Haha mine was a sun lounger lol till my fat friend lay on it an broke it 😂😂👍

I used to use one of those, I remember it well.. just get it all set up nicely then sit on the middle and the top and bottom sections shot up in the air and you had to re set the ratchets again...  mind you it was more comfortable Than just laying in a old army sleeping bag on the ground.... how things have changed..

2 minutes ago, Choprider said:

I used to use one of those, I remember it well.. just get it all set up nicely then sit on the middle and the top and bottom sections shot up in the air and you had to re set the ratchets again...  mind you it was more comfortable Than just laying in a old army sleeping bag on the ground.... how things have changed..

The good ole days lol how any of us survived I don’t know lol