Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
chrispayne

The real record

This is two tone the record uk carp.

I have also heard it isnt English but christ if people can get British passports after 5 years or whatever then two tone is british for living in uk waters for a lot and lot of years!!

I also agree with an earlier comment that there will be bigger carp not reported.

This is true and also bigger carp not caught, you dont get that big by being stupid!!

Maybe a DNA test! no only joking but even if two was an import it must have been a small fish and grown too its record size in england and not imported at 30+. I do believe that it is a english fish, i have fished for it when it was a mere 40 andi would hate to think i have fished for an import.

Lugger!!

If you have fished for two tone you are obviously a serious angler.

I am purely a novice and am interested to know why you would not want to catch imports if they are gonna smash your record.

Not having a go or causing arguments, just interested to know as personally I couldnt give a dam as long as it breaks my record:D

I am not sure what i believe there are soo many storys around this sort of thing. This is jsut one of those qeustions that will never be answered, an most peopel have they own view on the state of play.

As some have been sayying about there might be a unreported record. What waters in England could produce a near 70lber! that is one big fish!

This is two tone the record uk carp.

I have also heard it isnt English but christ if people can get British passports after 5 years or whatever then two tone is british for living in uk waters for a lot and lot of years!!

I also agree with an earlier comment that there will be bigger carp not reported.

This is true and also bigger carp not caught, you dont get that big by being stupid!!

HANG ON>>

This is exactly the same picture as posted earlier by bucks2 stating the fish weighs in at 61lb 7oz.

Some one is mistaken coz the record is larger than that i'm sure and the photos are identical!????????????????

another piont , are'nt the majoraty of carp we fish for known as the breed"king carp", these have been artificaly breed by man and are'nt a natural breed anyway? Thats why the fish originally stocked by monks and used for food in the middleages are known as wildies?

Thats why the fish originally stocked by monks and used for food in the middleages are known as wildies?

I thought that the monks bread carp, to make them mirrors and leathers so it was easier for the women to cook them?

Many good points, I have worked it all out though. We have the following records.

1) Record Wild Carp

2) Record Wild River Carp

3) Record UK Artificial Breed Carp

4) Record Import Carp

There could be more which is why I am of the opinion that a carp is a carp and if Wild (King ) carp are originally imported by monks then they are not English born and bred so we could go on and on.

I think the better quality and more dedicated anglers care more about the heritage of a fish to be taken into account for records.

As you can tell from my opinions I am a novice and fish commercials!!!!

There still carp and i love em

wildies only grown to about 10lb, ver rare these days. And they a re different to commons. I think it is all up in the air a bit. our record system is clearly not working how it should. They took catfish off the record list has it was too hard to fine out if they were English or not, maybe carp could be next?

your average angler wouldnt but someone catching a record fish will know they are in with a chance of the record and could look into it beforehand if they did bring it in.

The fishery bailiffs could do it as well as they will likely be around when it is caught.

All a lot of hassle I agree but at least it is black and white instead of a misty shade of grey!

this has been an intresting thread, i thought of a way round the record thing, should it not now be the record fish caught in an english water, the origin of the fish is then of no relavance, i now its a sorry state to have got in but i think its the only way forward other than scrapping the record carp list??????

steveblow, the reason i fish for only british carp and not import is because, fish for an import is like having a garden pond and filling it with huge carp and then catching them, no real challenge to that. fishing for carp that have grown from fry or very small fish and lived on natural food, grown in a natural environment is more of a challenge, its you against nature. Anyway i have nothing against anyone who fish's for imports, each to his own.

Don't think its a problem Ian as the english only moved here shortly before the carp!

:o :eek: :o lol, fair point tho. I think the way forward has got to be getting rid of carp for the record lists. SO going back to the orginal qeustion,

"Does it matter to you what the record is?"

Half of us didnt know what the record was atm so to us lot it clearly doesnt matter. The rest well its each to his own, but i dont see the point of having a record any more, altho i dont think MId Kent would like to see two tone taken off the record books.

Two tone was imprted as a fingerling, as was mary, mary's mate etc. They were Kent river board fish if my memory serves me correctly.

The lenney carp and the redmire strain fish were imported so if the above makes twotone not english then the redmire records f old are a farse aswell. It would make our British record a wildie of about 12lb!!

Two tone was imprted as a fingerling, as was mary, mary's mate etc. They were Kent river board fish if my memory serves me correctly.

At last, someone talking sense on this thread. Two Tone was imported as fingerling. End of story! Lugger, this means you have been fishing for an import!!

A lot of fish in the south east were imported so where does all this 'i am only gonna fish for english carp' nonsense come from?? Get real folks, you are fishing for imports. FACT! What does it really matter anyway? Iliegal imports a big no no for sure but I see nothing wrong with legal imports.

I suspect a lot of this has come about since ECHO started and I'm afriad a lot of anglers have jumped on this 'keep it real' bandwaggon without doing their research :D

Makes me laugh it really does!! :D:rolleyes:

Backing up Bream Boy, Tone tone was/is imported.

The first strains of carp introduced to england/britain do not have the growth capacity to go much above 50lb. The trick is that the bigger fish have/was selected from areas where the fish strain is known to go above what the first stockings of carp could and this was a pre meditated way of getting the record.

I have only one way to sum the situation up as said by someone else-

two tone was stocked as a fingerling and has grown on to the siz it is now but how does this differ from the Ringstead 60? the ringstead 60 was stocked at a higher weight and the BRFC have a guide line and this fish could never be concidered as a new record. there is a grey area over Benson who comes between both of these, not indigenous but could if stocked below the cut off point be concidered as a new record.

Now if this was a group foreign children moving to this country say a 1 year old and a 12 year old then when the 1 year old grows up it could be classed as english yet its 12 year old bro/sis could not. This is a complete farce and so is the brittish record as you cant have one and not the other as there is not a huge amount of difference between them.

So in conclusion the brittish record is a joke and can only become more jaded with all of this non-sence. Carp record WILL go the same way as the Crucian record fist then the same as the Catfish record.

Carpmadsmurff i am one of those "keep it real" carp anglers because of fishery owners that say their stock is not imported. theese people make me sick and the worst thing is we know theey are imports but cant say so as it could be used against us in a court of law, Liable.

Now i dont like the imports of any description be it Two tone or Benson or The ringstead 60 or what ever but at the end of the day 2 of these are accepted.

Your point on ECHO and turning carpers into the "keep it real" carpers is total rubish IMO. I dont like ECHO as they have double standards when it comes to high profile carp anglers and fishing places like Strawberry Fields. For those who dont know Its ok for said person to fish for a certain type of fish if its for commercial gain and to put food on the table. I cant say alot more.

What i want is for the whole matter to be forced out not the ECHO issue but the carp stock and stockings in general and a line drawn under it.

Some peoples arguement has been how hard it is to catch certain fish and this is enough to validate them as noticed captures but this is Utter bull.

Does anyboby agree with the guide lines to which the BRFC work or is there anyone who agrees with me about the subject? I live within 30mins of 2 of the 3 biggest known fish in this country, i chose not to fish for them.:o