Jump to content

Money and time split from newest purchase


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

A painting of the burghfield common off the Mrs after dropping a few hints 😉, not my favourite looking carp of all time but the fact it gets caught so rarely puts it up there with one of my favourites. Caught only by IMO the elite carp anglers. 

F09D012F-7EB7-4E83-B934-9F8DB985E717.jpeg

Ey with elite money for the ticket too fish for it too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Carpmaster said:

Ey with elite money for the ticket too fish for it too 

The water that I’m fishing now it’s a shame that there’s a publicity ban as there’s fish in there still yet to come out since they were stocked in the beginning of the 90s and that’s honest truth 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, emmcee said:

It's not money that catches the fish though. You can have all the money in the world, all the time in the world and fish that lake, doesn't mean you'll catch it. 

People who do a good bit know that mate, a fish that can go five years without getting caught proves that IMO, The likes of Dave lane, Terry Hearn and Scott Lloyd have a hunting ability that your born with and can’t be taught. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, emmcee said:

It's not money that catches the fish though. You can have all the money in the world, all the time in the world and fish that lake, doesn't mean you'll catch it. 

Two fish in Brackens eluded me, Sam's and Digit. I caught most of the other 30's including 2 that had not been caught at 30 before, one not since it had been stocked at double figures, yet despite fishing where Sam's and Digit came from mostly, I never landed them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, emmcee said:

It's not money that catches the fish though. You can have all the money in the world, all the time in the world and fish that lake, doesn't mean you'll catch it. 

Having money could Definately help though 😂

It would give you security, you could give yourself more time, more bait, less stress, obviously it depends on situation, most top anglers make lots of sacrifice, some have no other commitments, or a job that gives them more time,most seem to put a lot on the line for it, I think even if I did have enough money though these days I still wouldn't have enough time or probably even the desire or the single mindedness, you've still got to have the mental toughness to be able to stick it out, and the ability to be aware your own mental state, to live a good life you need balance, I'm not sure chasing big carp is ideal for that 😳

I agree with what you are saying though, there are no guarantees but if someone wants to bankroll me I'll give it a whirl I reckon I could get 2 or 3 nights a week If it was my job 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Money spent the right way equals fish on the bank my biggest spend for the last few years has been on a syndicate ticket I could put the same money to a spanking new bivvy or bait boat with all the extras and then scrape by on fishing day tickets the problem being I'm not able to regularly afford 3 day sessions  even when I could it would be a 20 quid a night water at most, all the good day ticket waters are a lot more money than 20 a night.   

As for tackle i try to get the best quality lines and end tackle plus bait it's all up to me after that,  syndicate fishing is very different to day ticket much more relaxed and friendly but the fishing is not easy, don't think any of the lakes has done a fish in months the biggie I had out of the little lake a few years back has only been out once or twice since getting on for three years since last caught, I was gutted I didn't get her out last autumn weights are said to be up and the colours would of been amazing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Money spent the right way equals fish on the bank my biggest spend for the last few years has been on a syndicate ticket I could put the same money to a spanking new bivvy or bait boat with all the extras and then scrape by on fishing day tickets the problem being I'm not able to regularly afford 3 day sessions  even when I could it would be a 20 quid a night water at most, all the good day ticket waters are a lot more money than 20 a night.   

As for tackle i try to get the best quality lines and end tackle plus bait it's all up to me after that,  syndicate fishing is very different to day ticket much more relaxed and friendly but the fishing is not easy, don't think any of the lakes has done a fish in months the biggie I had out of the little lake a few years back has only been out once or twice since getting on for three years since last caught, I was gutted I didn't get her out last autumn weights are said to be up and the colours would of been amazing. 

I would rather fish a syndicate tbh, day tickets are painful to fish, a financial sacrifice well worth paying, even if I am still making do without fancy tackle, 

Although if I am being funded the bursary required isn't going to be cheap, I've already chosen to spend £4000 on 4 rods and reels lol 😁and naturally I would still need another set at least and a powered barrow, Bivvy, top spec bed, loads of bait, end tackle, top notch luggage, boats bait and proper, £20k is my starting price plus 3k a month and van rental  to cover bills and bait  👍

Edited by elmoputney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Money spent the right way equals fish on the bank my biggest spend for the last few years has been on a syndicate ticket I could put the same money to a spanking new bivvy or bait boat with all the extras and then scrape by on fishing day tickets the problem being I'm not able to regularly afford 3 day sessions  even when I could it would be a 20 quid a night water at most, all the good day ticket waters are a lot more money than 20 a night.   

As for tackle i try to get the best quality lines and end tackle plus bait it's all up to me after that,  syndicate fishing is very different to day ticket much more relaxed and friendly but the fishing is not easy, don't think any of the lakes has done a fish in months the biggie I had out of the little lake a few years back has only been out once or twice since getting on for three years since last caught, I was gutted I didn't get her out last autumn weights are said to be up and the colours would of been amazing. 

I’ve not got the money to spend 500-600 quid a ticket that’s a lot of money no offence people like me that would be a dream trust me   I’ve the determination to target big carp I’m on a campaign or was till the closed the lake for my first 40 there could be bigger swimming in there it’s not known there are fish that haven’t been caught now that is my buzz fishing for the unknown 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Having money could Definately help though 😂

It would give you security, you could give yourself more time, more bait, less stress, obviously it depends on situation, most top anglers make lots of sacrifice, some have no other commitments, or a job that gives them more time,most seem to put a lot on the line for it, I think even if I did have enough money though these days I still wouldn't have enough time or probably even the desire or the single mindedness, you've still got to have the mental toughness to be able to stick it out, and the ability to be aware your own mental state, to live a good life you need balance, I'm not sure chasing big carp is ideal for that 😳

I agree with what you are saying though, there are no guarantees but if someone wants to bankroll me I'll give it a whirl I reckon I could get 2 or 3 nights a week If it was my job 😂

The only thing money would give you that you don't have is more time to fish. That still doesn't guarantee fish on the bank. Even with all the top gear, tons of bait and all the time in the world people would still blank. The primary thing you need above anything is watercraft, and that costs nothing and the top anglers have it in abundance.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

You'll not catch owt on the sofa... don't matter the cost of the ticket... if yer not on it you'll not catch... anyone with a ticket stands a chance of bagging that fish... elite angler or not... if its hungry and yer baits in front of it you've got a chance

Totally agree.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

I’ve not got the money to spend 500-600 quid a ticket that’s a lot of money no offence people like me that would be a dream trust me   I’ve the determination to target big carp I’m on a campaign or was till the closed the lake for my first 40 there could be bigger swimming in there it’s not known there are fish that haven’t been caught now that is my buzz fishing for the unknown 

I was fishing a park lake mainly before getting this ticket used to be a fiver for the day or 180 for the year water park lakes are the go to places for those special big fish.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, emmcee said:

The only thing money would give you that you don't have is more time to fish. That still doesn't guarantee fish on the bank. Even with all the top gear, tons of bait and all the time in the world people would still blank. The primary thing you need above anything is watercraft, and that costs nothing and the top anglers have it in abundance.  

Which comes first though the watercraft or the time spent learning ? 

I agree some people are better more natural anglers, but I don't think that watercraft is something you are totally born with,I learn something most times I visit the lake, and it still takes time spent on the bank to gain the experience, if I could spend 3 days a week on my lake I would see more, understand more, learn more, and ultimately catch more, I never said I would be guaranteed to catch the biggest fish in the lake but I would probably be a lot closer to it 😏 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time spent watching the water for a few days without a rod will teach you more than sitting behind silent alarms day in day out... watercraft can be learned, but the best bits of tackle you have cost you nothing... eyes, ears and your brain... too many folks put their trust in the latest bait or rig, without looking at the water and having a clue where to put it or where the fish hold up... this is where to top lads excel... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Time spent watching the water for a few days without a rod will teach you more than sitting behind silent alarms day in day out... watercraft can be learned, but the best bits of tackle you have cost you nothing... eyes, ears and your brain... too many folks put their trust in the latest bait or rig, without looking at the water and having a clue where to put it or where the fish hold up... this is where to top lads excel... 

I'm not disagreeing with you, I appreciate watercraft skills are essential but you still need the time,just because someone has lots of money wouldn't mean they are a bad angler, but a good angler still needs it, I was being glib mentioning about needing the best rods but if money wasn't an object I would buy them because I could 👍

but  essentially nowadays it comes  down to money and sacrifice of other commitments to make the time,

 

Edited by elmoputney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

with most things im life now its about money and most of that is down to the angler wanting the best gear but if it something that you enjoy why not and time on the back is the way you will learn your skill time to watch the water watch the fish see how they react to diff weather conditions and time to experiment but most of make time just to enjoy your angling being out there fishing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, carpyian said:

with most things im life now its about money and most of that is down to the angler wanting the best gear but if it something that you enjoy why not and time on the back is the way you will learn your skill time to watch the water watch the fish see how they react to diff weather conditions and time to experiment but most of make time just to enjoy your angling being out there fishing 

I enjoy my fishing very much I was only commenting on the price of some tickets are out of my price range that was all 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Money can only get you so far, obviously the biggest 'up front' cost is always the cost of the fishing, be that your club ticket, your syndicate or the day ticket price. 

In that though you might be able to afford weekly day tickets, but due to other commitments can't save ( and possibly hide) the money for a syndicate. 

Personally I can't afford £40 for a weekend fishing, even if fishing say every other weekend, but I can afford a £350 syndicate. £350 against over £1000 for me is easy choice. 

However any more and I may struggle to juggle. 

I mentioned earlier about Brackens, and just missing those 2 fish, yet I caught loads of others, probably not single minded enough to aim for just those two. 

On most waters I am just aiming to catch carp, so as much time learning as possible. 

Watercraft plays a big part, as does the knowledge of the fish you want to catch; what, where, how. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If somebody has got the money and manage to get a ticket you could get lucky and bag the fish of your dreams even on your first trip, good gear or bad, but if it’s not in you to question of why you did or why more importantly the times you didn’t in the long run you will fail. 

Edited by Big Bass
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, I appreciate watercraft skills are essential but you still need the time,just because someone has lots of money wouldn't mean they are a bad angler, but a good angler still needs it, I was being glib mentioning about needing the best rods but if money wasn't an object I would buy them because I could 👍

but  essentially nowadays it comes  down to money and sacrifice of other commitments to make the time,

 

Elmo... the guys who are in the forefront of the carping world are usually working in the trade and therefore have less time than we do to fish... this makes the gift of watercraft the deciding factor in their catch rates... yes good gear makes a difference too... but I know many anglers who are really good at their craft and they use old tatty gear and only ****** the odd hour on the waters and their catch rates are far better than mine... its the watercraft aspect that makes the difference...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...