Jump to content

Advice needed of a medical nature


Recommended Posts

Drive past billing to get to the lake i fish some very good fishing on there just a shame it's not near the sea, used small caravans that are still road going are not bad priced a two birth would do us should be nice and easy to tow just the storage that could be a pig, do know a few places around bedworth that store and sell vans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

Ever looked at billing aquadrome? 

Driven past hundreds of times and obviously know it’s history, but for short ish sessions I’m looking more at Lancashire or Cheshire, at a push I’d head into the dark lands of West Yorkshire 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/03/2021 at 13:11, Carpbell_ll said:

For you id say very slowly and on pain killers which is a bit of a problem in itself due to pain killers not working like most people think they should it really is a trade off of how much you are willing to suffer in term of recovery time after.  hot water bottles are a must. you may or may not of seen all the talk of cannabis being a awesome cure all wonder painkiller, nonsense, remember most of those claims come from the USA and they have a very limited access to GP health care so take it with a pinch of salt, as cannabis could psychologically worsen your problems if you over do it and suffer a mild panic attack.  I only say that due to arthritis being one of the main medical reasons for cannabis use. 

Tackle wise a three wheel barrow maybe with a motor could be of a big help along with a bait boat.  pegs you can drive to and make diet changes if you already haven't eat less meat I only eat red meat once or twice a week, rest of the time it is cheap frozen fish or vegetarian ready meals and lots of porridge with added tinned or frozen fruit. 

I have a auto immune illness of sorts I constantly have to monitor what I'm eating as it can cause my immune system to start doing weird stuff upper body sciatica pain being what I literally fear returning if I don't damn near live like a monk. 

I don't claim any sick pay or anything but i could as could you, you may be able to get help with transport costs, the only reason I don't is because it's a bit of a catch 22 for me as I might lose my licence if I was that ill I needed a car due to the possibility of suffering bouts of vertigo, so long as I don't allow my digestion system to slow down or stop I can get by alright. 

I get severe white finger I know it’s not the same as arthritis but still a nightmare my partner she has crumbling discs she uses cbd 30 ml strength she has five drops morning and at night not the stated 10 it helps her the white finger still a work in progress but it does help 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/03/2021 at 13:19, Sparky1964 said:

as I stated previously, I’ve not fished since Oct 2000 and I’m just getting back into it. I was wondering if anyone on here suffered from arthritis? I have it in my lower spine and it effects my walking and standing ability and I’m wary of getting back out on the bank as standing to cast for long periods would be painful as would actually getting to my peg, the other thing that concerns me is bending down to unhook fish and place back in the water, does anyone else have similar problems and if so how do you get on?

cheers

 

I have an auto-immune disease (lupus) that was first diagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis. It was a battle over many years to get it correctly diagnosed and actually took two decades before I found doctors who were competent at treating the illness. Most gave me steroids (prednisilone) and painkillers, then sent me on my way!

I ended up hooked on painkillers, and it took years to get off steroids with all their long term complications.

Anyway, nearly died after severe pneumonia set in. THEN the doctors took my illness seriously! Finally (only took 20 years!) I found a couple of specialists who turned things round for me - I really do owe them my life!

My advice on anything health related is to find the best doctor you can that really understand your particular condition. 

Practical advice on fishing:

Don't drive too far, it is far more tiring than most will admit!

Short fishing sessions

Minimise your tackle - one rod/reel, rest, small bag of bits, bucket with bait, landing net, chair

Search those places where you can get your car close

 

I had to admit defeat with sea fishing, but when I got my state pension retired to France. I was lucky to be able to do that with a lot of support from my wife.

Settled for river fishing and have spent the last three years searching locally for easy places to fish - and my health is improving!

Here I am parked on the slipway (out of boating season) with my Decathlon chair (very comfy!) placed to take in the view.

......and caught some barbel, even hooked what was probably a carp - hooked pulled!

 

1615574733276 (2).jpg

Edited by Pelamid
spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Pelamid said:

 

I have an auto-immune disease (lupus) that was first diagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis. It was a battle over many years to get it correctly diagnosed and actually took two decades before I found doctors who were competent at treating the illness. Most gave me steroids (prednisilone) and painkillers, then sent me on my way!

I ended up hooked on painkillers, and it took years to get off steroids with all their long term complications.

Anyway, nearly died after severe pneumonia set in. THEN the doctors took my illness seriously! Finally (only took 20 years!) I found a couple of specialists who turned things round for me - I really do owe them my life!

My advice on anything health related is to find the best doctor you can that really understand your particular condition. 

Practical advice on fishing:

Don't drive too far, it is far more tiring than most will admit!

Short fishing sessions

Minimise your tackle - one rod/reel, rest, small bag of bits, bucket with bait, landing net, chair

Search those places where you can get your car close

 

I had to admit defeat with sea fishing, but when I got my state pension retired to France. I was lucky to be able to do that with a lot of support from my wife.

Settled for river fishing and have spent the last three years searching locally for easy places to fish - and my health is improving!

Here I am parked on the slipway (out of boating season) with my Decathlon chair (very comfy!) placed to take in the view.

......and caught some barbel, even hooked what was probably a carp - hooked pulled!

 

1615574733276 (2).jpg

Good to see you still at it 👍👍👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

Well I could do with a new right shoulder if there’s one going spare... 

Don't think you want mine, I dislocated both shoulders playing American football. That and my knees... 

 

54 minutes ago, Pelamid said:

 

I have an auto-immune disease (lupus) that was first diagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis. It was a battle over many years to get it correctly diagnosed and actually took two decades before I found doctors who were competent at treating the illness. Most gave me steroids (prednisilone) and painkillers, then sent me on my way!

I ended up hooked on painkillers, and it took years to get off steroids with all their long term complications.

Anyway, nearly died after severe pneumonia set in. THEN the doctors took my illness seriously! Finally (only took 20 years!) I found a couple of specialists who turned things round for me - I really do owe them my life!

My advice on anything health related is to find the best doctor you can that really understand your particular condition. 

Practical advice on fishing:

Don't drive too far, it is far more tiring than most will admit!

Short fishing sessions

Minimise your tackle - one rod/reel, rest, small bag of bits, bucket with bait, landing net, chair

Search those places where you can get your car close

 

I had to admit defeat with sea fishing, but when I got my state pension retired to France. I was lucky to be able to do that with a lot of support from my wife.

Settled for river fishing and have spent the last three years searching locally for easy places to fish - and my health is improving!

Here I am parked on the slipway (out of boating season) with my Decathlon chair (very comfy!) placed to take in the view.

......and caught some barbel, even hooked what was probably a carp - hooked pulled!

 

1615574733276 (2).jpg

That is a beautiful looking place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sparky1964 said:

Jebus we’re all knackered d haha.... lots of good advice here.

I’m going to a small site in April and going to see how I get on. My biggest worry is bending to unhook fish (presuming I don’t actually blank), so that will be the tester

Well fingers crossed for you 🤞🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

I get severe white finger I know it’s not the same as arthritis but still a nightmare my partner she has crumbling discs she uses cbd 30 ml strength she has five drops morning and at night not the stated 10 it helps her the white finger still a work in progress but it does help 

Lol, think you will be ok with the CBD stuff, i did try some of that CBD hash it's ok you can smell it is extracted from industrial hemp it does have a very slight THC flavour to it, but it gives a bit of a headache when smoked. there is one in the US called Charlottes web the oil from that helps a lot of people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte's_Web_(cannabis)

Lot of sharks out there stay away from any sort of vaping CBD cartridges it's the latest way in which they are selling Spice mixing it into CBD vape juice. not all but it is easy to find.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Lol, think you will be ok with the CBD stuff, i did try some of that CBD hash it's ok you can smell it is extracted from industrial hemp it does have a very slight THC flavour to it, but it gives a bit of a headache when smoked. there is one in the US called Charlottes web the oil from that helps a lot of people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte's_Web_(cannabis)

Lot of sharks out there stay away from any sort of vaping CBD cartridges it's the latest way in which they are selling Spice mixing it into CBD vape juice. not all but it is easy to find.

 

LVwell cbd is a reputable company it’s the one we use check them out just remember what I said about dosage do half if it says ten only do five remember you can have more if needed later 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...