So You Thought Anglers Were Territorial!

As i mentioned in another thread there is a open invite turn up and dig for fossils kind of party over the far side of the pond, was watching a live stream last night as the guys were getting down to the bone bed layer at the bottom of a very deep hole, after spending two days digging back fill that had been dumped in the hole due to a bad cave in accident last year, ( different team of diggers )

Anyhow, out of no where this complete lunatic storms into the camp and starts with the violent treats things really did get lively the video is well worth a watch check this guy out got a bad case of gold fever. 

Action starts at 1:55:00 into the video runs to the end then continues on another video.

And it continued into the next day the guy really does have problems all this over a few worthless fossils and low value shark teeth the ultimate find in that bed is a Meg tooth or full fish fossil.

Think the gist of the problem is Zane got a group of guys to meet up with him and help shift all the back fill that was put in the hole he was there last year and dug a big safe cave size hole on the side of a hill that also got filled in.  Marty Likes to Party is a local been making all sorts of threats non stop along with letting everyone know he is a cop caller when when smacked. 

Looks like Zane finally had enough of him the camera went off and hasn't been back on since. think marty finally crossed the line after much pushing just before the camera goes off Zane offers marty a fair fight one on one loser shuts up sort of thing, only a wrestling fight nothing stupid. marty grabs a shovel... the lads out digging are all nice normal guys who pretty much much organised a social meet up and dig. 

Here's the rub, there's always one. just about to get some sleep after a hard days digging and boom baby rattle snake right next to your bed.

Finding some very nice teeth dark red and purple colours, no wonder marty lost his cool tried everything to keep them from digging there the guy has been pulling plenty of 10-20 $ teeth he gives more away than sells sent me a lovely lilac coloured one set on a hemp string I payed the postage little test run as none had been posted overseas before can be tricky to post abroad with no return address. 

18 minutes ago, yonny said:

🤣Sorry mate.

This would probs be better in the Non Carp Banter section lol.

True, but as it was a slow weekend figured it would get more views due to this being the popular section Nik will shift it next time he logs in, i did try to get a very tedious link to carp angling, i've bumped into a few nutters on the bank in my time. 

20 hours ago, yonny said:

🤣Sorry mate.

This would probs be better in the Non Carp Banter section lol.

20 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

True, but as it was a slow weekend figured it would get more views due to this being the popular section Nik will shift it next time he logs in, i did try to get a very tedious link to carp angling, i've bumped into a few nutters on the bank in my time. 

Nick was busy! 

My new next door neighbour asked if I knew a painter and decorator who could wallpaper the flat...

Not going to turn that down, a few extra pennies in lockdown while I'm on furlough. 

Meant my fishing trip on 1st night of release was put on hold. 

A lot of archaeological digs have always been territorial, from UK to Egypt and beyond. The head of the site is often writing part of their dissertation on it, or making their name in the field. 

It was Tony Robinson and Time Team who opened up the story... 

IMG_20210329_151526.jpg

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Nick was busy! 

My new next door neighbour asked if I knew a painter and decorator who could wallpaper the flat...

Not going to turn that down, a few extra pennies in lockdown while I'm on furlough. 

Meant my fishing trip on 1st night of release was put on hold. 

A lot of archaeological digs have always been territorial, from UK to Egypt and beyond. The head of the site is often writing part of their dissertation on it, or making their name in the field. 

It was Tony Robinson and Time Team who opened up the story... 

IMG_20210329_151526.jpg

Nice job looks like a off set match up paper? sooner you than me i do my own and my mums the golden rule being no off set match up paper.

The baby rattle snake was released the next day away from the camp area, rattlers are also territorial not like adders there is the possibility of digging up a snake den at that time of year.

That whole area is open to free use just about, off road bikes and cars gold digging, gem stone and rock hunting plus the fossils there is also fishing lakes at the bottom of the valley, cool as.  you could end up in jail in the UK if you went digging up valuables with out the right paper work.

5 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Nice job looks like a off set match up paper? sooner you than me i do my own and my mums the golden rule being no off set match up paper.

The baby rattle snake was released the next day away from the camp area, rattlers are also territorial not like adders there is the possibility of digging up a snake den at that time of year.

That whole area is open to free use just about, off road bikes and cars gold digging, gem stone and rock hunting plus the fossils there is also fishing lakes at the bottom of the valley, cool as.  you could end up in jail in the UK if you went digging up valuables with out the right paper work.

Yes, it's off set match up paper, an Italian pattern. 

For one wall to get the matches right I had to use 3 rolls of paper, sometimes only getting 2 drops out of a roll. Glad it wasn't me who had to pay for it! 

I recall a number of cases of metal detectorists in this country having to declare finds and losing most of it to the crown because they hadn't got correct paperwork, even though it was on public or even their own land. 

So I'm out  for a few days at least done some pics for a guy on the other lake so I have seen  one  at least lol up till dawn with my old dog just couldn't  settle  after having  one  of  his sizures this morning  I dropped  him home, looks like it is too  much for him. Back at the lake know.