Fishing bait boats

I have  a bait boat because it's easier for me, I'm recovering from having a brain tumour, my balance isn't good. The fact that, I might lose my balance and fall in the lake. I'm very annoyed that I've heard so many negative things about bait boats. It feels like, I'm not to use my bait boat, even though it's easier for me. At the end of the day, I didn't ask to have a brain tumour.

I wouldn’t worry about other peoples opinions mate, fishing is all things to all people, we all have things we like and dislike (for want of a better expression) I don’t enjoy match fishing, yet obviously others live for it. So long as you’re happy and able to get out on the bank and catch your share, that’s all that matters in the end. My waters ban bait boats, so that rules me out of owning one for the present. Technology will always advance, look at deeper pros! At the end of the day, so long as you’re not harming anyone or breaking any rules, then crack on pal. Everything has its uses in a given situation, personally I don’t have a problem with a sensibly used bait boat, we have all seen them being misused, but that can go for a lot of things, it’s a tool that enables you to fish, so if it were a choice between that and not being able to fish? I know what I would choose! I don’t see much difference in placing a bait via a bait boat and placing a bait by a baiting pole/spoon combo, yet baiting poles are in vogue right now! (I want one of each! Lol!) We all use different methods and have different approaches, what counts is your enjoyment. 

I wish you every luck, health and enjoyment pal. 

1 hour ago, Lee Gray said:

I have  a bait boat because it's easier for me, I'm recovering from having a brain tumour, my balance isn't good. The fact that, I might lose my balance and fall in the lake. I'm very annoyed that I've heard so many negative things about bait boats. It feels like, I'm not to use my bait boat, even though it's easier for me. At the end of the day, I didn't ask to have a brain tumour.

Chill your beans Capt'n my beef with boat fishing is pure jealousy nothing to do with fishing a three acre water with very old large fish in, just wish i could drop Jim shelly size bait portions on my spot three times a day. 

Bait boats can be a contentious topic and as Ouch says, many waters have banned them. Some claim it takes the skill out of angling as it allows you to fish ranges far out of casting range and deposit the bait as close as possible. I've seen where they can be used sensibly by getting to overhanging trees safely without any chance of snagging and leaving tackle for wildlife to get caught up in. My (tackle tart!) mate also has a sonar attached to his and the speed and accuracy you plot a swim is crazily efficient rather than thrashing the swim to a foam with a marker rod. I don't own one but can see the benefits but I still do feel it's cheating a bit. That said, I'm using bite alarms rather a pile of pennies on my reel and old hub cap underneath so perhaps I'm cheating as well!

23 hours ago, Lee Gray said:

You use your bait boat an enjoy your fishing mucka you sound down. Don’t let negative people spoil your enjoyment my friend

6 hours ago, Lee Gray said:

Sod what anyone else thinks 

my father in law had a stroke I think he should get one so he can do more bits himself but he’s too tight.so expects someone to cast for him so he can moan at them when it doesn’t go where he wants it put lol

7 minutes ago, framey said:

Sod what anyone else thinks 

my father in law had a stroke I think he should get one so he can do more bits himself but he’s too tight.so expects someone to cast for him so he can moan at them when it doesn’t go where he wants it put lol

That’s a cracking idea! If someone casts for you, then you’re never to blame if you blank! Lol! 

8 hours ago, Lee Gray said:

I have had a bait boat for over 25 years ,although i dont use them much ,i have recently  just ordered a new one from Germany .

I am not interested if anyone disapproves of my use of one  , i go fishing for my enjoyment ,and no body else .

Buy one ,use one, and above all enjoy your sport using it if it helps you .

You can just make out an A.T Microcat in my cover photo 🙂

Edited by dayvid

21 hours ago, Golden Paws said:

Bait boats can be a contentious topic and as Ouch says, many waters have banned them. Some claim it takes the skill out of angling as it allows you to fish ranges far out of casting range and deposit the bait as close as possible. I've seen where they can be used sensibly by getting to overhanging trees safely without any chance of snagging and leaving tackle for wildlife to get caught up in. My (tackle tart!) mate also has a sonar attached to his and the speed and accuracy you plot a swim is crazily efficient rather than thrashing the swim to a foam with a marker rod. I don't own one but can see the benefits but I still do feel it's cheating a bit. That said, I'm using bite alarms rather a pile of pennies on my reel and old hub cap underneath so perhaps I'm cheating as well!

I'v noticed a slight pattern in the boat ban on some waters, i'll point no fingers lol, but on waters where a boat would be just the ticket chances are they are banned but other waters on the same lakes allow a boat but it's not really needed or helpful. 

Most of what i say in regards to fishing should always been taken with a pinch of salt, if you want to use a boat don't worry about opinions of others, Capt'n. 

On 28/03/2021 at 13:08, Lee Gray said:

I'm against bait boats for 'normal' angler's. However when it comes to those with a disability to continue to enjoy our pursuit then I have no arguments against it. 

Problem with most things in life is the idiot few, either those who 'mock' disabilities, or those who go to the edge of rules or push their luck. 

Disabilities or differences are not all visible. 

5 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I'm against bait boats for 'normal' angler's. However when it comes to those with a disability to continue to enjoy our pursuit then I have no arguments against it. 

Problem with most things in life is the idiot few, either those who 'mock' disabilities, or those who go to the edge of rules or push their luck. 

Disabilities or differences are not all visible. 

Never a truer word spoken👍👍👍

Everyone has an opinion about bite boat fishing, fishing is all things to all people, everyone has the right to like or dislike something. when you have the ambition to do something then this type of handle is rare to face.

many time I also face the same situations but i was lucky and get rid of it . I have M-FLEX HYDRAULIC STEERING SYSTEM in my boat there for it is easy to getride from these situations easly

1 minute ago, uginemonm said:

Everyone has an opinion about bite boat fishing, fishing is all things to all people, everyone has the right to like or dislike something. when you have the ambition to do something then this type of handle is rare to face.

many time I also face the same situations but i was lucky and get rid of it . I have M-FLEX HYDRAULIC STEERING SYSTEM in my boat there for it is easy to getride from these situations easly

I’ve nothing against bait boats or people who use them it’s just not for me I got my spy which suits me as I love watching the underwear world in witch out quarry live I’ve been privileged to observe the things I’ve seen and grateful for observing them Mother Nature is awesome   Just wish some people were the same but that’s what makes each of us different 

that’s my deep thoughts for the day braincell is tired now 😀😀