Heapey lodges/ Wigan anglers association

Hi all, 

Just joined Wigan anglers so I can fish heapey lodges in Chorley. Anyone else a member or fish here in recent years? I used to be a member 10+ years ago. Had my first session on heapey number 2 this weekend just gone and blanked. Still lots to learn I think.

20 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

Hi all, 

Just joined Wigan anglers so I can fish heapey lodges in Chorley. Anyone else a member or fish here in recent years? I used to be a member 10+ years ago. Had my first session on heapey number 2 this weekend just gone and blanked. Still lots to learn I think.

Hi Pablo, 

I'm on the Wigan Night Card Ticket, never even ventured to Heapeys yet, only stuck to Wigan Waters, Figure 8, Fan Lodge... Broke my 7month blank on there at Weekend.... 

On the night Card ticket it's only Fan Lodge & Heapey 2. 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Hi Pablo, 

I'm on the Wigan Night Card Ticket, never even ventured to Heapeys yet, only stuck to Wigan Waters, Figure 8, Fan Lodge... Broke my 7month blank on there at Weekend.... 

On the night Card ticket it's only Fan Lodge & Heapey 2. 

The night ticket is fan and heapey 1, no2 is part of the syndicate now but you can do days only on there, you can also do days only on no3. I've fished no2 a few times very hard water for the carp.

I've had one or two carp out of number 2 many years ago. I've actually never fished number 1 but will definitely give it a go on a day session. I've just been wanting to fish bigger less commercial waters and saw they'd done some peg development over winter and thought I'd rejoin.

A regular that spoke to me on the day said to get on zig rigs. I have to admit I find it a technique that I can't get confidence in.

14 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

I've had one or two carp out of number 2 many years ago. I've actually never fished number 1 but will definitely give it a go on a day session. I've just been wanting to fish bigger less commercial waters and saw they'd done some peg development over winter and thought I'd rejoin.

A regular that spoke to me on the day said to get on zig rigs. I have to admit I find it a technique that I can't get confidence in.

Zigs on no2 quite tricky being 40ft deep and around 16 ft at the shallow end but I think you would have to use adjustable zigs and the same on no1 that being 25ft, but if that's what's catching give it a go mate.🙂👍🎣

Would be interesting to see it empty, when I had the marker float on it was 11ft one minute then 16ft the next. Lots of contours it would seem. I was fishing not too far from the bend about half way along a spot that was 11ft dropping to 16ft coming towards myself. I thought the bottom of that shelf with it being clear and smooth bottom could have been a good bet. Although it is still very cold in the water at the moment, maybe as summer comes on it will pick up.