Annoying buzz words in carp fishing

Posted (edited)

If ya know, ya know 😏

That ones really boils my juices, it expects you to care about the persons who said it usually some arrogant person who thinks they know best, or leave you furious that you haven't got a clue what they are on about or worst you kind of want to know what they are rattling on about 😩 

From now on If I don't know I don't care 😏

Edited by elmoputney

25 minutes ago, commonly said:

Yes mate.s

A syndicate I used to fish, on the rare occasion I spoke to other members, (generally getting an idea of what bait was going in) I'd ask what boilies they were using

Good thread. I look forward to seeing others pet hates👍

I am with you 😳

It's been a long day, must've been a satellite delay at my end 😂

18 hours ago, commonly said:

'Round ones' 

If you'd rather not say, say that. Instead of sounding like a richard

lol quality,  i hadn't heard that one thought me calling them rounds was a first must of picked it up some place, (pro tip) don't ask what bait a person is using ask to have a look i did the other week r was fishing and doing well so i asked to have a look at his boilies  after a few compliments he gave an idea of what they were , do it with most anglers that plot up near me some anglers start to cover things up when they see me coming down the bank, don't do them any good I'm really not backwards when it comes to being forward. 

22 hours ago, finchey said:

Pukka.

Afraid to say I use this word daily 🤣

16 hours ago, carpepecheur said:

WRAPS

I think this a perfectly acceptable slang term for an imperial measure tbh. It's almost become a standard of it's own 😂

What I do hate is strangers feeling the need to tell you how many wraps it is to whatever spots they like to fish! "18 wraps to that tree mate". I don't care!!!!

My personal pet hate is the term "mug fish". Back in the day we called them "friendly". Much more respectful.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Afraid to say I use this word daily 🤣

I think this a perfectly acceptable slang term for an imperial measure tbh. It's almost become a standard of it's own 😂

What I do hate is strangers feeling the need to tell you how many wraps it is to whatever spots they like to fish! "18 wraps to that tree mate". I don't care!!!!

My personal pet hate is the term "mug fish". Back in the day we called them "friendly". Much more respectful.

What is a mug fish/friendly? Never heard of it before lol. 

31 minutes ago, jh92 said:

What is a mug fish/friendly? Never heard of it before lol. 

It's a particular fish that gets caught more frequently than others buddy. So a fish that comes out several time a year we used to call a friendly fish, but the "yoof of today" call them mugs 😞

30 minutes ago, yonny said:

It's a particular fish that gets caught more frequently than others buddy. So a fish that comes out several time a year we used to call a friendly fish, but the "yoof of today" call them mugs 😞

Madness, some of the stuff people come with today is something else 😂

43 minutes ago, Highy said:

Similar to what I'd say.... 

"Kipper" 

"Look at size of that kipper"

I thought kippers where from the sea and are like a yellow/orange colour and about a pound in weight.?? 

I was watching a video earlier and heard the carp being called donkeys and dolphins lol

Edited by jh92