Courier delivery problem un-solvable.

Dicky123

A seller in good faith issues tracking on an item though E-Bay,  then the courier tells the seller an item delivered and tracking used. Once the courier says it's been delivered, you're Fuc--d. You have no regress through E-Bay and the Post Office don't want to know. Its the only down side of buying through the internet. 

if you used the post office then I believe the person that posted the item can claim for a lost/stolen item. There is a process, or used to be at least, that wasnt widely advertised but did exist. It has to be the poster of the item though so wont help you out unfortunately. 

I'm pretty sure it can be claimed back from the post office you generally have to wait 14 days from when it was posted though but, there should be insurance on the item, that's part of the cost, 

Does the sender have a proof of postage? That's usually the stumbling block you need one for when things go wrong if it was sent through the PO 

Edited by elmoputney

The big problem is E-Bay accepts the couriers word, full stop. If it says it delivered thats it, nothing you can do, this time its Royal Mail thats supposed to have delivered it. This happened with a net a few years ago, I was waiting in for it. Then I got a ping from E-Bay saying it was delivered WTF? Its the only fault I can find with the whole E-Bay buying selling thing.  Yes the seller does have proof of postage, but that does not help me, only them if R.M. say I have the item.

Just to inform you the seller cane back and refunded me, well done to them. Update the item arrived this morning, so it proves that Royal Mail are not above telling lies regarding deliveries when it suits them?   I will naturally refund the seller again.

1 hour ago, Dicky123 said:

Just to inform you the seller cane back and refunded me, well done to them. Update the item arrived this morning, so it proves that Royal Mail are not above telling lies regarding deliveries when it suits them?   I will naturally refund the seller again.

How long did it take to arrive after it was sent? 

16 hours ago, elmoputney said:

That's not long nowadays, it can only be classed as lost after 15 days, 

Hi Again. You've missed the main point of the post, Royal Mail said the time had been delivered, and had tracking to prove it. It transpired, they lied as the item arrived a week later. Cheers.