Anyone run out of petrol yet?

elmoputney

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

Its utter nonsense isn't it. I managed to fill up on sunday morning only for my Van's engine management light come on as I drove home🙄. It's been in the garage since, hopefully get it back for the weekend but it's not a cheap fix 😢

That sucks mate, engine management lights usually mean it's a pain in the ass,hope it isn't too bad, just make sure they haven't syphoned it out when you pick it up 👍

Like unicorn poop at the moment 

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

The country has officially lost the plot 

Yes it has mate.

I was fishing on Friday and had no idea all this stuff was going on. On Saturday I drove into town with the boy, did the shopping, and then went to fill up as my fuel light came on. Then spent an hour driving all over the local town only to find that NONE of the stations had any left. Got home with just fumes in the tank.

Sunday I got up at 5am (not my idea of a nice Sunday morning) and took the Mrs car to fill a jerry can. Bought that back to put in my car so I could get back to town and fill it up.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm off to the coast with the family this weekend and a bit worried about it tbh.

10 minutes ago, yonny said:

Yes it has mate.

I was fishing on Friday and had no idea all this stuff was going on. On Saturday I drove into town with the boy, did the shopping, and then went to fill up as my fuel light came on. Then spent an hour driving all over the local town only to find that NONE of the stations had any left. Got home with just fumes in the tank.

Sunday I got up at 5am (not my idea of a nice Sunday morning) and took the Mrs car to fill a jerry can. Bought that back to put in my car so I could get back to town and fill it up.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm off to the coast with the family this weekend and a bit worried about it tbh.

Funnily enough I went to morrisons garage Friday morning for food and bits for my fishing and was met with 5 or 6 in each line for fuel, there is like 10 pumps or more there, i didn't realise what was happening lol, i just thought I'll wait till it gets lower then go took me 2 days of trawling all the garages on my way home indirectly to get some, my mum went to the coast yesterday, she got up really early Saturday and was first in the queue lol, she said "I'm not missing out on my holiday because of these idiots" which is fair enough, just keep your eye on fb local groups hopefully you can fill it up before you go, 

I filled up Sunday morning on my way to an ambulance shift, as I pulled right into the garage, having been flashed by a kind motorist, I pulled up by the pump to have some gobby bird shouting at me saying I should let her go first as she’s a “key worker” and “not to fill all the way up - save fuel for key workers” 

I took my jacket off to expose the ambulance uniform in all its key worker glory, which silenced her bile, before filling up and going about my business, getting back to my car the petrol station manager was telling this woman that there isn’t any fuel shortage, they only had a delivery that morning! 

5 hours ago, carpepecheur said:

According to a government spokesman, there is plenty of petrol for everybody ............... it's just not in the right place.

Sounds about right I tried to fill the rest of my tank up today 3 garages none, morrisons pure mayhem, life's too short for that, I will risk it again and hope it falls right another day, 

Sadly this is what happens after 18 months of being told what to do and how to do it. No more critical thinking, no more rational or sensible behaviour, just knee-jerk senseless reactions. Simply believing whatever nonsense is presented to us on mainstream media and news. I don't think this will be the last of it folks. I fear that we could see some bizarre events leading up to Christmas ....... 

10 hours ago, moore82 said:

Sadly this is what happens after 18 months of being told what to do and how to do it. No more critical thinking, no more rational or sensible behaviour, just knee-jerk senseless reactions. Simply believing whatever nonsense is presented to us on mainstream media and news. I don't think this will be the last of it folks. I fear that we could see some bizarre events leading up to Christmas ....... 

It's been going on a lot longer than 18 months, the elections are controlled by what people see and hear on the media, spoon fed lies continually until said person is unelectable and the safe leader is implanted, 

This may sound crazy now, but Kier Starmer will be the next PM, everyone will probably choke on there cornflakes when I say this, but he is a safe tory alternative, and by the time this next election campaign is done the tories will be unelectable and he will be the best option, in many ways I hope I am wrong, if we are to make a decent change we need a left wing goverment not a red tory, but the media wouldn't allow it as that would mean taxing the rich 

On 29/09/2021 at 19:13, elmoputney said:

That sucks mate, engine management lights usually mean it's a pain in the ass,hope it isn't too bad, just make sure they haven't syphoned it out when you pick it up 👍

Like unicorn poop at the moment 

Not too bad, £1111.48 was my bill for my van😢. Dpf filter had gone, some liquid was low somewhere and something else. As you can tell, I know sod all about motors other than I need one so have to pay the money. Time to move it on soon though as its starting to cost more than its worth lately.  

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It's been going on a lot longer than 18 months, the elections are controlled by what people see and hear on the media, spoon fed lies continually until said person is unelectable and the safe leader is implanted, 

This may sound crazy now, but Kier Starmer will be the next PM, everyone will probably choke on there cornflakes when I say this, but he is a safe tory alternative, and by the time this next election campaign is done the tories will be unelectable and he will be the best option, in many ways I hope I am wrong, if we are to make a decent change we need a left wing goverment not a red tory, but the media wouldn't allow it as that would mean taxing the rich 

The disconnect between current political parties and the general public has never been so substantial in my opinion. Most politicians (never mind senior cabinet type politicians) no longer represent normal everyday people. Most of us no longer trust them and personally I don't believe that they're working in our best interest. For me when that link is severed it's basically game over. Realistically as it stands I'll probably never vote again, sadly.

4 hours ago, moore82 said:

The disconnect between current political parties and the general public has never been so substantial in my opinion. Most politicians (never mind senior cabinet type politicians) no longer represent normal everyday people. Most of us no longer trust them and personally I don't believe that they're working in our best interest. For me when that link is severed it's basically game over. Realistically as it stands I'll probably never vote again, sadly.

I think it is just blatent they really don't care, there are a few that care still but they generally get drowned out by the media, I just hope something happens and we get a bit of shake up, but sadly murdoch seems to pull the strings and always has and that is very much the problem 

5 hours ago, emmcee said:

Not too bad, £1111.48 was my bill for my van😢. Dpf filter had gone, some liquid was low somewhere and something else. As you can tell, I know sod all about motors other than I need one so have to pay the money. Time to move it on soon though as its starting to cost more than its worth lately.  

Ouch that's not cheap, my wife's old merc was the worst car we ever owned that thing cost me a fortune, was glad yo be shot of it tbh, cars seem to cost whatever you go for nowadays, 

2 hours ago, carpepecheur said:

The fuel situation in the UK is starting to improve, PM Boris Johnson has said - as he urged motorists to stop panic buying and fill up their cars in the "normal way". ----- BBC

I think Boreas is just panic lying now.

There's no panic, the army are being drafted in. But not until after the weekend??? Worst joke of the year so far! 

21 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I think it is just blatent they really don't care, there are a few that care still but they generally get drowned out by the media, I just hope something happens and we get a bit of shake up, but sadly murdoch seems to pull the strings and always has and that is very much the problem 

They couldn't give a flying one. If & when, there's an enquiry into all the money gifted to their mates & hundreds of small businesses bankrupted due their careless actions, they'll all be in the house of lords and untouchable. Lessons must be learned and all that bull. 

If the left is what we pin our hopes on then we're in trouble, they need to get their house in order & quite frankly we have all heard the usual get out ' this is the mess left by the previous government.' 

Look at how they behave in PMQ' s public school boy jeering, what the...... It's one rule for them and another for the rest of us

We need a party or government, that truly has the general publics interest at heart, surely that needs to be run by the people.

What have we got to hope for?? 

4 hours ago, commonly said:

There's no panic, the army are being drafted in. But not until after the weekend??? Worst joke of the year so far! 

They couldn't give a flying one. If & when, there's an enquiry into all the money gifted to their mates & hundreds of small businesses bankrupted due their careless actions, they'll all be in the house of lords and untouchable. Lessons must be learned and all that bull. 

If the left is what we pin our hopes on then we're in trouble, they need to get their house in order & quite frankly we have all heard the usual get out ' this is the mess left by the previous government.' 

Look at how they behave in PMQ' s public school boy jeering, what the...... It's one rule for them and another for the rest of us

We need a party or government, that truly has the general publics interest at heart, surely that needs to be run by the people.

What have we got to hope for?? 

Totally agree, it's been criminal, they have spaffed billions, played god and failed this country but I also know, nothing will ever happen, look how they dealt with handcock, bank benched after a fling with an aide, he. Should be getting investigated for much worse crimes, 

When i say the left I mean the left side of Labour, not the starmer he is a weak fool who will be bought by murdoch and nothing will change, I see t him as a tory lite leader, Corbyn was the one the media were scared of, he wouldn't have caved to pressure and they knew that, 

The tories have left a right mess this time though 1.3 trillion national debt from the last 11 years, we will need to tax the rich to reduce that anytime soon 😂

49 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

It seems someone has opened pandoras box now fb, Instagram and WhatsApp are all down, 

Glad carp. Com never sold out to fb otherwise It would be a media blackout 🙄

Thought it was just my phone, obviously not then.