Jump to content

Variations on the theme, Multi-rig or Spinner rig.


Recommended Posts

I know that I always try to keep it simple, and most of my rigs are the same as 20 years ago, but I have been playing with rigs recently.

It might look ungainly, but has the curve of a chod rig, the spin of a 360 or Spinner rig and the hook attachment of a Multi-rig, with 2 tungsten pop-up sinkers.

Boom material is a doubled length of Snakeskin, and the mini link is 20lb Amnesia with a lighter tagged knot to prevent it coming off

20220406_072158.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I know that I always try to keep it simple, and most of my rigs are the same as 20 years ago, but I have been playing with rigs recently.

It might look ungainly, but has the curve of a chod rig, the spin of a 360 or Spinner rig and the hook attachment of a Multi-rig, with 2 tungsten pop-up sinkers.

Boom material is a doubled length of Snakeskin, and the mini link is 20lb Amnesia with a lighter tagged knot to prevent it coming off

20220406_072158.jpg

Is that a lead clip I detect ? 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, charlieg said:

Definitely different to your usual approach Nick. I think Adam Penning did something of a similar theme with a stiff boom connected to a Multi-Chod section via a short braided section. By all accounts worked really well. 

I'd tried Ronnie and Spinner rigs, D-rigs but felt I wasn't quite getting it right. The pop-up wasn't sitting high enough above the still growing weed on the 'patchy' areas, so had to play around and remembered I had this tied up so dug out the rig wallet.

Puts faith back in the mind, especially as the first fish was perfectly nailed dead centre of the lip.

I think John Claridge used something similar as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, dalej2014 said:

Bottom line (pun intended) - if it has a hook it can catch. Be interested to see how you get on with it.

Strangely enough, one of the guys who manages the syndicate has been comparing pics of stocked fish to my 23 this morning.

We have come to the conclusion it is one of the rare 'Quarry' fish that rarely get banked, (don't think this one has been caught before) so it looks like the rig has confused it from the norm into making an error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/04/2022 at 15:58, framey said:

Google mark Bryant Meccano rig 

it’s similar in make up

Only thing is my pop-up counterbalance is below the boom to minilink swivel.😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Question for you all . Multi-rig .

 

why do you , and more importantly how would anybody want to , attach their bait with/on a micro swivel ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newmarket said:

Question for you all . Multi-rig .

 

why do you , and more importantly how would anybody want to , attach their bait with/on a micro swivel ?

Bait screw for me 100% easy and less fiddling than bait floss when the old eyes and fingers start going 🙄🤣🤣

Bank Tackle do em cheap as chips the only thing make sure your pop up is super buoyant as the screw adds a tiny bit of extra weight to the rig. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snowmanstevo said:

Bait screw for me 100% easy and less fiddling than bait floss when the old eyes and fingers start going 🙄🤣🤣

Bank Tackle do em cheap as chips the only thing make sure your pop up is super buoyant as the screw adds a tiny bit of extra weight to the rig. 

100% screws every time... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes , thank you but the swivels ? 
what’s all that about ? 
Is the idea that the bait is flossed to the swivel or does the swivel get poked inside the hook bait ?

Yes im that thick .

And what do the people that do use them hope to achieve ?

Do they think it gives the bait more movement or something ? 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newmarket said:

Yes , thank you but the swivels ? 
what’s all that about ? 
Is the idea that the bait is flossed to the swivel or does the swivel get poked inside the hook bait ?

Yes im that thick .

And what do the people that do use them hope to achieve ?

Do they think it gives the bait more movement or something ? 
 

I’ve used swivels flossed on and pushed into bait I’m not sure about the movement bit tbh mate I use oval bait screws and they have never let me down tbh. In saying that I don’t think I fish many ‘riggy’ waters and try to concentrate on a nice sharp big hook and decent presentation 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

I’ve used swivels flossed on and pushed into bait I’m not sure about the movement bit tbh mate I use oval bait screws and they have never let me down tbh. In saying that I don’t think I fish many ‘riggy’ waters and try to concentrate on a nice sharp big hook and decent presentation 

Cheers Stevey , hope you’re well 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/05/2022 at 14:46, newmarket said:

Yes , thank you but the swivels ? 
what’s all that about ? 
Is the idea that the bait is flossed to the swivel or does the swivel get poked inside the hook bait ?

Yes im that thick .

And what do the people that do use them hope to achieve ?

Do they think it gives the bait more movement or something ? 
 

Thread the floss through the eye of the swivel , then put a Baiting Needle through the Boilie ; pull the floss back through the boilie burying the swivel barrel ( leaving the " bottom " swivel eye exposed , cut the excess floss then knot it and blob .

Yes , I think it gives more movement .

😃

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, crusian said:

Thread the floss through the eye of the swivel , then put a Baiting Needle through the Boilie ; pull the floss back through the boilie burying the swivel barrel ( leaving the " bottom " swivel eye exposed , cut the excess floss then knot it and blob .

Yes , I think it gives more movement .

😃

 

Interesting. Food for thought indeed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just knocked up a few multis using jelly wire from pb products, added a tiny bit of shrink tube on the eye to keep the D section nice and open in the right shape. got a 8 inch version for a bottom bait and a five inch rig for a pop up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/05/2022 at 10:50, newmarket said:

Question for you all . Multi-rig .

 

why do you , and more importantly how would anybody want to , attach their bait with/on a micro swivel ?

I am a rig ring with a doubled length of dental floss or Kryston Samson hair braid pulled through the bait and lighter blobbed.

I have tried micro swivels, but I think the extra weight cuts down movement by weighting down the tiny or trimmed down pop-up.

That is a personal view.

I have tried bait screws or black screw eye pins and found baits can soften up enough to pull off, especially if bird life is a pain...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...