Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
gravelrun1

bait boats exposed

Kev,

Nice Memory

2005! Long before I was even a Mod

salokcinnodrog

Administrator

Posted: 30th Mar 2005 18:39 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyd

yes I do 'Hate' them, but for this reason.

I actually used to own a Bait Boat, the Broadlands when they first came out. I used to supply the batteries for them direct to the Manufacturers.

A boat was a wonderful tool to get bait and tackle into the water.

I found my 'competitive' edge got shall we say? a little Risque.

I found I was doing things that were putting fish at risk, fishing extreme distances, extremely close and into snags. Now I know that deep down I push my luck on frequent occasions with work and sports. I found that my pushing my luck with Boats got to the stage of downright Dangerous for the fish. I thought I was responsible, but found out to my cost that I was not as Sensible as I thought. It resulted in a badly snagged fish that I had to retrieve from a hopelessly dangerous position.

Now if I can be that stupid just once, I'm sure that other people who are slightly more impetuous/unthinking than I am now would do the same sort of pushing their luck.

Just once is once too often for me, or the fish!

Hence my dislike of Boats.

And remind me to go over the word censor, how on earth I got away with some of that around page 4 and 5 I don't know :shock::?

hmmmmmmmmmm different view for and against baitboats like some have said in right hands they are great in wrong hands they can be dissastrous.

classing it as cheating? in olden days im sure was a case of if it rained you got wet or sheltered under a tree with only basics and a thermos and sarnie so are bivvys alarms stoves unhooking mats etc etc cheating?

hmmmm so before hoovers were invented everywhere was brushed so are hoovers cheating

im sure years and years ago armys fought with bows arrows knives etc so are tanks planes etc etc cheating? no its a case of time moves on we adapt and evolve to a given situation

and for the record im a guy who like a lot of people can not afford a bait boat but would like one and yes my casting is ummmmmmmm yea not great ive lost my fair share of terminal tackle some days i can hit a penny at 80 yds ish other days i couldnt hit the barn at 2ft let alone the door!

as for me

I'm in the defence league on Baitboats :lol::lol::lol: A baitboat comes into it's own whether you can cast a bait or not. Can you imagine you get to a new water that you have never fished before and you have to spend minuites or evern hrs finding drop offs , what the bottom is like ie silt , gravel, clay etc , are there fish present :):) . Just because someone has a baitboat certainly does not mean that they fish at distance or can't evern cast a bait definately NOT. some people have evern comented that it's away of cheating :?:? . how can it be cheating because at the end of the day you still have to catch the frigging things. Yes it does help and you do get slightly more chances of catching sumat..Also yes they are expensive but if you want to up your chances ( DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU FISH) than it's nice to have one if it helps you in catching more fish. With mine it took 5 years to save to buy it but at the end of the day helps me in locating fish, finding what the bottoms like, how deep is the water which saves time in just plummeting the depths finding what the bottoms like etc.. Yes alot of waters ban the use of them which i don't mind but at least i have it for waters that do allow them. A heck of alot of people who do own baitboats DO ABUSE the use of them ie going into other anglers swims, going 400yrds or as far as they can and say hay look guys i have a baitboat look how cool i am. Well these people are the ones who let other anglers down. my opinion is if they are used sensibly and don't interfear with other anglers whatsoever than there should be no problemo. I use my baitboat with respect to other anglers and would not dream of fishing 400/500yrds out . My baitboat helps me with precise baiting up and dropping the hookbait where it should be. At the moment my baitboat has been used soley for the use of piking but come next year well i am hoping to use it providing that i can find a water that allows them

Can you imagine you get to a new water that you have never fished before and you have to spend minuites or evern hrs finding drop offs , what the bottom is like ie silt , gravel, clay etc

My God, that sounds truly awful.

I'm in the defence league on Baitboats :lol::lol::lol: A baitboat comes into it's own whether you can cast a bait or not. Can you imagine you get to a new water that you have never fished before and you have to spend minuites or evern hrs finding drop offs , what the bottom is like ie silt , gravel, clay etc , are there fish present :):) . Just because someone has a baitboat certainly does not mean that they fish at distance or can't evern cast a bait definately NOT. some people have evern comented that it's away of cheating :?:? . how can it be cheating because at the end of the day you still have to catch the frigging things. Yes it does help and you do get slightly more chances of catching sumat..Also yes they are expensive but if you want to up your chances ( DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU FISH) than it's nice to have one if it helps you in catching more fish. With mine it took 5 years to save to buy it but at the end of the day helps me in locating fish, finding what the bottoms like, how deep is the water which saves time in just plummeting the depths finding what the bottoms like etc.. Yes alot of waters ban the use of them which i don't mind but at least i have it for waters that do allow them. A heck of alot of people who do own baitboats DO ABUSE the use of them ie going into other anglers swims, going 400yrds or as far as they can and say hay look guys i have a baitboat look how cool i am. Well these people are the ones who let other anglers down. my opinion is if they are used sensibly and don't interfear with other anglers whatsoever than there should be no problemo. I use my baitboat with respect to other anglers and would not dream of fishing 400/500yrds out . My baitboat helps me with precise baiting up and dropping the hookbait where it should be. At the moment my baitboat has been used soley for the use of piking but come next year well i am hoping to use it providing that i can find a water that allows them

Just a couple of points here

Why is it so important for you to use a bait boat, there are plenty of other waters that are smaller which you should be able to cast to, with out using a bait boat.

Plus the minority who do use bait boats badly have spoilt it for the rest of bait boat user's, other anglers only complaining because they were being used poorly, and that why a lot of venues have banned them to stop any bad feeling escalating :)

Garyjso1... if you read my post more clearly i did point out that some anglers who do have baitboats DO abuse the use of them. At the moment i justify the use of them purely on the grounds that i use it for when i go piking during the winter months (never been carping in my life untill next year.) No i don't use it at silly distances thats asking for trouble it just helps with pin point acuasy. I whole heartly agree alot of waters ban the use of them as anglers who do use them (NOT ALL) abuse the use of them .BUT if a baitboat is used with respect to other anglers than to me thats fine. I am not talking about a 2/3 acre water no point in using it i am talking about waters that are fairly big and baitboats dont come into conflict with anglers who don't use them

Garyjso1... if you read my post more clearly i did point out that some anglers who do have baitboats DO abuse the use of them. At the moment i justify the use of them purely on the grounds that i use it for when i go piking during the winter months (never been carping in my life untill next year.) No i don't use it a sill distances thats asking for trouble it just helps with pin point acuasy. I whole heartly agree alot of waters ban the use of them as anglers who do use them (NOT ALL) abuse the use of them

I wasn't having a go fella, i was just curious why you were so keen to find a water that allows bait boats, when there are plenty of waters you could fish, that don't allow them, its not the first time you have mentioned a bait boat i just wondered why you seem to be focused on waters that allow them, when you could get on just fine without the bait boat.