worst session ever

goblin

Being dropped of at a water and after talking to a mate, dragging all my kit around the lake to find the carp are going belly up :(:(:( (this years summer)

On a commical note.

Either traveling almost 80 miles to arrive at the lake and find it froozen over solid, or getting to the lake for a 48hour session and realising iv forgoten my bite alarms :oops::oops::oops::oops:

The one at Taverham where I ended up with my First and only 20lb Carp from the water and a Mrs who I celebrated with? Dire consequence is I lived with her and her terrible mood swings, but now have 2 children with, first one a celebration result

The one where I Ruptured my Cruciate Ligament trying to be smart and jump over a gate on the way to the Loo?

Or the night of the Chinese Laundry?

I was supposed to be fishing for a week, but from Friday to Sunday it didn't stop raining. I had 4pairs of socks, 3 T-shirts, 2 jackets and 2 pairs of trousers hanging from the spokes of the Umbrella inside my Bivvy.

And finally driving to Earith and halfway notice that the Alternator was not charging the battery, due to a loose fanbelt. Got to Earith on the last of the battery (it ran the petrol pump) for a 2 night session and had to ring a mate to drive out with my ToolKit that I kept at work to tighten the Fanbelt.

Any excuse for an extra night on the Bank :twisted:

mine would be earlier in year when at the start of a long session, rats decided to put a very sizeable back door in my bivvy,through both skins approx 2ft across whilst i was wading bait up 100yds ofout of bounds margin, maybe they thought I would be adding a conservatory at a later date. spent the remainder of the session with a bin bag duct taped over it...................................the very latest in bivvy chic :lol::lol::lol::lol:

or the time I was using an old issue sleeping bag with rubberised base on it, pitched up at the top of a steep grassy incline, had a run, I sat bolt upright and the legs on the foot end of my bedchair folded, I slipped off and straight down the bank at mach1 and into 4ft of water half asleep :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

was just like doing the looge(spelling???)

Oh just thought of another one,

Went to Chasewater with Paulmlpss and walked for about 1hour 20 mins across rough ground, narrow paths, chucking it down with rain, slippery under foot, finally got to the swim opened up my rod bag and had snapped a tip of one of my rods :shock::shock: where i had gone down into a deepish hole, i thought i had only just touched the rod bag but obviously not :roll::roll: and to top it all off we blanked :lol::lol::lol:

Getting dropped off at knighton res (goblin probably knows it) one winter many years ago only for it to freeze over solid leaving me stranded for 3 days miles from anywhere in the days before mobiles.

Fishing a stick float on the Severn to have the peg I was in collapse under me dropping me and my gear into 13 ft of water.

Quite a few with broken rods but the best one was losing a fish at knighton again, launching the rod only for it to land on and break my other two harrison customs resulting in three bust butt sections.

or the time I was using an old issue sleeping bag with rubberised base on it, pitched up at the top of a steep grassy incline, had a run, I sat bolt upright and the legs on the foot end of my bedchair folded, I slipped off and straight down the bank at mach1 and into 4ft of water half asleep :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

was just like doing the looge(spelling???)

Haha!

Try this one,when I came out of the hopital after opps,and stared to get about I started salmon fishing.

After fishing for three weeks,I finnaly got a take played the fish for about 20 minutes,only to lose it because I couldnt bend to land it :cry::cry:

The same thing happend further six times :cry: each time I thought I had a method to land the fish,only to be proved wrong :cry::cry::cry:

Getting dropped off at knighton res (goblin probably knows it) one winter many years ago only for it to freeze over solid leaving me stranded for 3 days miles from anywhere in the days before mobiles.

Fishing a stick float on the Severn to have the peg I was in collapse under me dropping me and my gear into 13 ft of water.

Quite a few with broken rods but the best one was losing a fish at knighton again, launching the rod only for it to land on and break my other two harrison customs resulting in three bust butt sections.

know it well mate, gutted :lol::lol::lol: , not a kind water at the best of times :wink::wink::wink:

when i was younger my parents dropped me of at a lake about 8 miles out of town, got there about 7pm, pitch black and freezing cold, but still keen for a weekend on the bank. first things first i get the rods set up and out. Deciding it's a bit cold i decide to get the kettle on, only to fing i didn't bring any gas :shock: .

Right, sod it, i'll get the bivvy up and get in to bed. get it set up get all the kit in spend about 15 minutes geting everything right (i'm a bit fussy about my bivvy!) right bed time. Now where did i put the sleeping bag? then it dawns on me it's still in the back of the car half way round the M25 now :shock:

So theres me miles from home freezing temps in the middle of january with no kettle no sleeping bag and another 48 hours till i get picked up :cry:

To make it worse i only had 2 takes and i lost both of them :roll::cry:

About 20 years ago, before the day of the mobile phone when I was about 15 years old I fished a fishless pit (it did have water in it!)

I got dropped off by my father for a 3 day session at a Yorkshire gravel pit that I was sure was the one not many folk fished with the big carp in that I had heard about (I thought it was the old Hull and District Thomsons Pond). To get the picture this was one pit of about 15 along the side of a road running along about 10 miles.

A guy turned up after about 6 hours to do some diving and informed me he dived here all the time and it was completely fishless.

Fortunately he phoned my dad who came to rescue me.

I still here about it to this day when I visit him.

Around 10 years back my sister had a strange boyfriend who said he had fished a lake with some decent fish in it. He gave it the big all so me and my dad went up there with him. We had to climb a fence after dark and we thought we were away.

Well we blanked and walking back we saw some lads with fishing gear so we had a word. Well they had caught but from a lake a little further up. They informed us that we had been fishing a lake which formed part of the golf course with no fish in it.

So it turned out the boyfriend had never fished it but had heard ot the lake.

Nightmare.

Doesn't count as a session, but one of the stupidest was when I was still at school.

I'd finished school and had walked down the lakes for a spot of pre-baiting and fish spotting. Still in my school uniform I walked round and put bait in a few spots. There was one swim that could only be fished from 1 bank, but to bait it you had to walk into a Nature Reserve and bait from a high bank.

I got to the area above the swim and dropped some bait in. As I was baiting I thought I saw a couple of decent Tench and so moved closer. The bank gave way beneath me. As I kicked back upwards one shoe fell off into the lake. Stupidly I tried to catch it, and leant forward and up to my waist in the water, which would actually have come up over my head if I hadn't caught on the Brambles.

Exit one Angler with ripped, wet clothes, and only one shoe. I had to walk 2 miles home in just my socks and my wet clothes. I got an absolute rocket from my Mother when I walked in.

took my 6 year old on a 48 hour session with me didnt have a single bite until the last morning ,but when i went to the toilet (to do a number 2)i said to my lad if the bite alarms go off pick the rod up and hold it tight,so as it goes hear alarm go off, run down to rods little one is sat there crying he thought he had set the alarms off(he thought they were like a house alarm only go off if someone tries to break in)and we lost the fish

Not a major disaster by any means but my worst ever one was about 30 years ago when I was in my teens.

I was fishing a lake near where I lived that had a few carp in it - a bit of a rarity in those days.

It was a day ticket only water and every Saturday night I'd been getting up at about 3.30am to walk the 4 miles to fish it and blank from sunrise to sunset.

One day I eventually managed to get one to take my boiled potato (out of a tin) bait. My fairy liquid bottle top indicator pulled up to the butt and line started to peel off from the open bail arm. AT LAST I thought to myself.

Played the fish on my "broom handle "for about 7/8 minutes and got it right into the edge where I could see it was a good size - would have been my first double and a very, very good fish for the period and the lake in question.

Bent down to pick net up, rod tip lifted, mouth came out of water, hook pulled and I was left watching it swim away.

I was absolutely gutted and sat there for about an hour in disbelief, couldn't even make the effort to cast out again.

To make it worse my mate turned up about 5 minutes later to see how I was getting on. if only he'd cycled a bit quicker...

posted this before but still funny!

on an overnighter on my syndicate,i was fishing for catfish during the night,spent ages putting together a popup worm rig only to go and throw it up a tree

so as you do ,wound down and gave it a tug,gained a bit then it went solid.btw had just filled my reels with gr60 15lb so it was not having any of it!

got a towel wrapped it round my hand then did the same with the line,walked back abit....CRACK! WHOOSH! THUD! 2oz lead right in the jacobs! i was down for a good half an hour! the worst pain ever!

still...managed to catch a few nice carp before i left :lol::oops:

did you ever give balcombe another go mate???

my cousin got a ticket but he hardly ever fished it this season,we did plenty of recce trips,just walking round & looking,we even got round the back on them old platforms,they are really solid considering how old they are! :lol:

we never found your boat :lol::lol:

fishing another water at the mo,but will defo give it a proper go in the future,pukka lake :wink:

keepers probably had it away mate, platforms on the out of bounds produced a couple early season from opposite bank, bit of a chuck but worthwhile. toyed with getting a ticket again to be honest just for occasional 3 nighter.possibility for next year :wink:

keepers probably had it away mate, platforms on the out of bounds produced a couple early season from opposite bank, bit of a chuck but worthwhile. toyed with getting a ticket again to be honest just for occasional 3 nighter.possibility for next year :wink:

rude not too! :lol: i should be fishing it really,its so close to my work :roll:

did you ever put a couple of water bottle markers out? near ish to the top end?