Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
salokcinnodrog

Fishing Accidents?

:) Only been fishing a couple month's. Me and my husband decided to do a 4 day session, at shearwater ,first time i had done night fishing. The first & second day were warm & sunny , not a cloud in sight, Third night a bit cold, got settled in my slepping bag. I'd been a sleep for about an hour, all of a sudden i woke up bye the sound of my alarms, well thats what i thought anway. I rushed out of my bivvy where i was so excited, i never thought about putting my boots on , or that just in front of my bivvy there was a slight dip in the bank. Of course it had rained lots & lots. I fell down the bank into a slushy mud i was covered , with the pod practically on top of me. The best part was i was still asleep & The alarms that went of was a chap's 2 swim's down :oops::lol::lol: x.

Dont know if its an urban myth but wasn't there a story in the press last year about a man catfishing abroad who had a heart attack while playin a fish,got dragged in & pulled out of river dead later rod in hand & seventy odd pound catfish attached.

was doing a weekend with my uncle,was coffee time but the cooker was low on petrol so he fills it up,i,m sat havig a fag next to water when all of a sudden this massive line of fire just came towards me! he,d spilt the petrol on the bank not noticed lit the cooker nearly setting me alight and totally torched the whole top of my bivvy! was a mad dash to try stamp out the flames and put my bivvy out! i spent the rest of the weekend praying there was no rain otherwise i would of got really wet! was'nt going to give up my fishing of course!!

I can remember the time me and a mate wer doing an overnighter and we had the bivvy door, zipped up halfway from the bottom so we could still see the lake, but nothing could get in well i thought notheing could get in :oops:. Rite im really scared of big spiders i dunno why i just am so no smart remarks :oops::D ,i was just relaxing on my bedchair and out of the corner of my eye i saw something move so i turned my head and looked well it was the biggest spider i had ever seen,so i jumped up and bolted out of the bivvy only to trip on the half zipped up bivvy door and as you can imagine i hit the deck with a thud, and was just layed there in a heap mutch to my mates amusement all he could do was laugh, he didnt even help me up :o I badly injured my wrist after that accident and it took weeks to put rite but if i knock it it will swell up really easy so i have to be extreamly careful thiese days :D

Pick up some one elsed litter!

There was a large "clutter" of line tangled on the floor, so I picked it up and as I did so, the buzzer went off. * Split second thought: WOAH!" There was a barbed hook on the end of it. Straight into my finger so playing a fish with a throbing finger. NOT GOOD!

ive had a couple of incedents with the dog ripping up fishing bags and stuff whilst at home, i can only guess she was going after the smell of the boilies that were no longer in there. i see no point in taking her fishing, shes too big and would be a right nuisence lols :)some have these replys have made my afternoon :D

Only had one accident so far, touch wood, and that wasn't me. Decided to do a night session at my local lake, and as we were starting about lunchtime, decided to leave setting up the bivvies to later. The day started really well, had 3 Tench and 2 carp out within the 1st couple of hours.

We then decided to set up the bivvies, and as my mate was clearing a space for his, he decided to hook himself into a triple hook! 2 of the barbs had been crimped over, but as you can guess the only barbed one went straight through his little finger. After many attempts to pull it out, we ended up packing away and going to the local hospital to have it cut out!

So instead of spending a night bankside, we spent 6 hours in A&E...lovely!!!

How about this for a dumb accident:

A couple of summers ago I was fishing at a lake that used to be a slate pit. It was a bit of a rainy day so I needed to put my brolly up. The bank was a bit on the firm side and I was having trouble getting the brolly pole into the ground. Having taken out the metal bank stick bit of it I thought (if you could call it thinking, it was such a stupid idea :roll: ) it would help if I got a piece of slate, put it on top of the end of the stick and then pressed down on it with all the force I could manage, and all my weight. And the inevitable happened - the crumbly piece of slate broke in two and I slammed down on the end of the stick taking it full force in my lower rib cage.

Result - 10 minutes of utter agony, another couple of months of slowly receding on/off pain, not being able to do anything remotely athletic and only being able to sleep on my back - courtesy of cracked ribs. Certainly raised a few eyebrows when I told people I'd cracked my ribs fishing though!

And, if it had been about 3 inches lower, catching the top of my stomach, not my rib cage, I would have probably impaled myself and been a prime candidate for inclusion in the year's Darwin awards :oops:

Am now going through a 'hatch' in the kitchen. Its been going on for weeks. The worst bit is her inside told me to sort them out and i said 'they'll be ok', Doh

worst one....when fishing my last reasonable sixe water and using a microcat....the ariel on the back had lost its little blue indicatoe ball....i bent down to fill the hoppers and it went clean up my nostril right up to my synus....two black eyes that made me look like a bullfrog....and a lovely shattered hull from my fist :lol:

worst one....when fishing my last reasonable sixe water and using a microcat....the ariel on the back had lost its little blue indicatoe ball....i bent down to fill the hoppers and it went clean up my nostril right up to my synus....two black eyes that made me look like a bullfrog....and a lovely shattered hull from my fist :lol:

It could have been worse.

Could have been me.

Ian

went right bloody up there mate....felt like a scene from laurel and hardy.......no guessing which one eh lol...still delicate...as ever :lol::lol::lol:

Could have been me.

Ian

It could have been better.

Could have been Hopefull.

Could have been me.

Ian

You're a wicked, wicked man! I like Andy, as you well know.

Like bullfrogs too, mind.

Ian

I was out once at a runs water for a couple of days, had a really hectic night with loads of fish so decided to catch some ZZZZs in the afternoon. Out sparko on the bed chair I get another run so jump up to hit the rod. Unbeknown to me I'd been laying funny and had managed to lay on my left leg which had gone to sleep.

I came out of the bivvy and my left leg just crumpled at the ankle, a full 90degree sideways bend! :shock: There I am laying on the floor screaming whilst the fish is trying to empty the spool, eventually managed to crawl to the rods and the fish fell off. Initially I just pulled the laces on my boot tight and carried on but after a few hours I could hardly walk and was in tears so i called it a day and packed up. I had to crawl back to the car with my gear, only 20metres away but it took nearly 3 hours to get ready to go home.

I then had to drive from the North of the M25 to Sutton without pressing on the clutch, not easy. Back home and boot off my ankle swelled to 3 times its normal size, a trip to A&E and it's confirmed as a small break and mega sprain. Pot on, physio sorted and 2 weeks off work with no fishing.

Could have been me.

Ian

You're a wicked, wicked man! I like Andy, as you well know.

Like bullfrogs too, mind.

Ian

cheers fellas :lol: :lol: Stoogi's just jealous anyway (got that interview tomorrow mate :wink::lol: )

Nope ripped it out on the bank, couldn't move and very painful!!! It was about 2 inches in and had a bit of fake corn on the needle lol, was bleeding like he'll and some tube (about half an inch) thing came out of my bum when I pulled it out, I tucked it back in lol I was in too much shokk to know what to do :(