Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
cloin

Carping around Penticton and Sturgeon Fishing in Chilliwack

Hi,

I am new to the forum, but have already enjoyed the various threads re BC and Okanogan Lake, which is why I starting a new thread. I am travelling to Penticton in June, this year, and would be extremely pleased if I could gather enough information to allow me to have a successful few days carping. Under normal circumstances my beautiful wife would not let me fish, but on this occassion I can have a few days carping, whilst in Penticton and I am also going to Chilliwack for 3 days Sturgeon fishing. Lucky or what? Any recommendations for guides / hotels around Chilliwack?

I look forward to any and all feedback.

I had trouble finding carp in the Okanagan; I knew they were there, but access and time was an issue. Actually, I did see some in the river south of Oliver, and in the shallows in Tuc-L-Nuit Lake right in Oliver, but no big ones. The biggest I saw may of been 8 or less but they were a lovely reddish gold colour and I would of liked to catch them anyway. The place to ask in Chilliwack is Fred's Custom Tackle.

http://www.freds-bc.com/guides.htm

Have a great trip; it's really nice around there but they had some bad flooding last year so I'd check conditions with these guys before leaving.

ps, If you like wine, take a side trip to Okanagan Falls and follow the road south of town and watch for the sign pointing East up out of the valley to Wild Goose Winery. I recommend the gewurztraminer!

Hi Gents, thanks for the welcome and buzzbomb thank you for the link. I will most definitely contact them.

I am allowed to fish, but not usually when we both are on holiday. Over the last few years I have managed to get to Spain 3 times and have booked another week in May, as well as a week in France and last year a week on the St Lawrence with Paul Hunt, Canadian Carpin. In the words of the Bard "it was awesome!" My wife doesn't mind me fishing, as long as she does not have to accompany me. It all goes back to 1982, when we went to Salou and I took my wife and baby daughter to Amposta, to fish the Ebro and it was an unmitigating disaster and I have never since taken my rods.

Hello Cloin.

Check out my website at www.bentrods.ca.

I can definately take you out for some Sturgeon while you are here.

I am in Chilliwack.

IMG_3175.jpg

Actually some good carping in the Chilliwack area in may and June.

We spotted a large group of feeders in a slough today and will be going back to try for them tommorrow afternoon.

Thats why I came to the site to check out some bait ideas.

Hope I can help you on your vacation, you can call me at my toll free number anytime to talk. dial 0 808 101 1617

Cheers

Rod Toth

Hi Rod,

Thank you for your response, but I have already sorted the sturgeon fishing, 3 days in Chilliwack, but I am still researching the carp in and around Penticton.

Regards

Cloin

You will have a ball with the Sturgeon !! I went there in 2005 with my mate and we had 3,800lb of fish in a week!! Biggest 320lb. The people are great and the guides worked their socks off to get us on the fish. have a great time!!

Hey guys!

I'm also new to the forum. From South Africa and currently visiting family Canada. My cousins live right next to the okanagan. I actually spotted some uge carp close to the side at Ellison campground, thinking they are comin' closer to spawn. Is there better suggestions out there? And are the carpers allowed more than one rod? apparently they are stricked in Saskatchewan about this.

Hi,

Just letting you know I've never ever caught more carp in an hr than I have in Okanagan lake. I've fished in Holland, France and Italy before, but the number (not size) is amazing if you've found the right spot :D. Give me a shout if you're comming again to the Okanagan next year and I'll take you out on a day of carp bonanza.

Greetz, Matt