Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tayo

Bait Boats What do you think

Do you like bait boats or dou you hate them?????

what do you all think

Theres quite an indepth thread on this in the Advanced Carp Fishing Forum (11 pages) it`s on page 2 and it`s called "bait boats exposed" but be warned it is a tetchy subject and ppl`s opinions can get quite heated!!:D :D

Think someones is trying to Wind me up!!!.

Hate them with a Passion reserved only for Mosquitoes and bait Boats.

Mick's named it, but here is the link.

All my opinions on here: http://www.carp.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7800

Not this time, I'm Keeping out of it! I did put that link on my previous post so what was said can be read again. lol;)

I'll be getting 100 lines for my comments if I make any.

i must not get wound up,

I must not get wound up,

I must not etc.:P :p :D :D

Not a fan of them to be honset in my opinion half the fun / skill of fishing is casting and baiting yourself without the use of an electronic boat i have similar feelings about the hummingbird fish finders

where do we draw the line to keep fishing challangeing and fun as technology grows then of course its going to get easier to locate / catch fish it might just be me but i dont want it to be that easy.

in my opinion using a bait bait is catching fish NOT fishing.

i agree mate in general but there are some far margin spots that are impossible to get a bait to and they are spots that will catch. also alot of people who claim to be angling purists who are against boats i bet still use all the other little gadgets to put carp on the bank. buzzars, swingers, catapults, PVA. in general i am against them but sometimes i think peoples arguments are flawed

i agree mate in general but there are some far margin spots that are impossible to get a bait to and they are spots that will catch. also alot of people who claim to be angling purists who are against boats i bet still use all the other little gadgets to put carp on the bank. buzzars, swingers, catapults, PVA. in general i am against them but sometimes i think peoples arguments are flawed

im not arguing against them and i dont think they should be band from waters they are just somthing i would not use because of the reasons above i just dont think its fishing.

like pretty much every argument that happens on this site there is no right and wrong it's only your individual opinions.

a lot better now even when i fish margins i use the boat as presentation is everythink i would reccomend in buying one its the best kit i have bought definately

Margin fishing with a bait boat? Says it all really doesn't it? Whats ever happend to creeping quietly along the margin with a handful of bait, doing your very best not to make even a slight bit of noise for fear of scaring the fish away? You are missing out on one very exciting part of carp fishing. Frankly I find your idea of using a boat in the margins a ridiculous one :x

If you want to play with radio controlled boats on the water then may I suggest joing a model boat club? You will make many friends I'm sure :wink:

As for the person that reckons if we all could afford one, we'd all have bait boats......... :confused: Are you sure?

at the end of the day if we all had the money we would all have one its that simple

Sharkey

I have got the money and I wouldn't buy one one.

Margin fishing... Learn watercraft and the art of stalking. Bet you'd catch more. Better presentation when you can SEE the Carp's response to your end tackle.

GGGGGGRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

I must not get wound up,

I must not get wound up,

I must not get wound up,

I must not etc.....

Bait boats are definitely taking carp fishing in the wrong direction. Casting and bait presentation is all part of the skill so using a bait boat can only really be classed as cheating, in my opinion. If you cant reach the fish, tough ...... fish a smaller venue or chose a different peg to fish from.

Guest Anonymous

If your not stupid with it i cant see a problem with using boats, i'd rather be able to get close to say an overhanging branch with my boat rather than casting into the branch and loose my gear! they shouldnt be used to put your bait in stupid places like snags or open water as thats just silly and bloody lazy! what about the people they help out like the disabled who may be able to play a fish ok but not cast more than a few yards? they are ok in the right hands and in the right situation but i do agree with Nick that it should be watercraft that catches you fish and not a boat! but at the end of the day its each to there own.

all these ppl against boats are only against them because they havent got the money if i had a spare £400-£500 laying around i'd av one for sure if we all were rich then i bet everyone would hae the best tackle on the market

Sharkey

Read my previous post, I have got the money and I won't buy one. My reasons are on this other thread:http://www.carp.com/forum/showthrea...p;threadid=7800

It is my choice that I don't own a Bait Boat.

Tayo, you have provoked a response from many people, that makes this an Interesting thread. Don't ever stop asking questions, you learn from the experience of others. You have asked a valid question on peoples opinions, you have got some interesting answers

As for getting the Best Tackle, everyone will have their own opinions on what constitutes the best. When it comes to rods, I'll stick with Century, others like Greys, Fox, Daiwa, whatever.

The debate on BaitBoats will evoke heated opinions, I know my reasons for NOT WANTING one. I know why I don't like them. To me its a catch at all costs. I agree they may help disabled anglers (a concession) who can't cast, but think that reallly they have no other place in fishing. As for comparing BaitBoats to Buzzers, that is silly. The 2 items have nothing in common. One is a way to indicate a take, the other as far as I'm concerned is a lazy way to avoid having to learn or understand Watercraft.

Nick

Sorry Mate

I just use Century SP's, I've never used any of the Fox Rods.

I've had Century Rods for over 10years and don't use anything else for my Carp Fishing. To me Century are the best, so I have reason to change from what suits me.