Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
misterblobbee

anyone gone fishing after work.........

used to do it a lot but now i do 12 hour shifts so dont finnish work till 8 or 8.30 so dont do it so much now, used to love doing it though best bit was going to work stinking of fish but thankfully could have a shower at work.

used to do it a lot but now i do 12 hour shifts so dont finnish work till 8 or 8.30 so dont do it so much now, used to love doing it though best bit was going to work stinking of fish but thankfully could have a shower at work.

I dont have to be at work till 9:30 :wink: but still have to go home to unload the car and get changed beforehand.

Even if you blank you go work happier coz you've done something different :D

I used to get back from uni on a wednesday at about 5pm, throw everything in the car, go do an overnighter and go to work on the thursday (my day off uni/ go to work day). Havn't done this for a while because of other commitments, but will have to start it again soon.

I hope to be doing this alot over the next few seasons.

I love not letting work take over my midweek life and see no better way of doing this than going fishing for a few nights.

Like Kev says the lakes can be empty and less pressured. If they are on the feed I could not imagine a better time to pull a sicky and your already on the bank too.

I hope to be doing this alot over the next few seasons.

I love not letting work take over my midweek life and see no better way of doing this than going fishing for a few nights.

Like Kev says the lakes can be empty and less pressured. If they are on the feed I could not imagine a better time to pull a sicky and your already on the bank too.

I'm far too commited to ring in sick for the sake of bagging a whacker - yer right :wink:

I used to do it regularly.

My weekends are full of Family and Sport, Football and American Football, so I had to go fishing Midweek.

I would regularly leave work at 11.30pm and drive 85miles from Ipswich to Earith, and fish overnight, either to be back at work for 4pm the next night or the day after if I had a day off midweek. 4Blanks in 2 years

When I worked at Fitness First I would leave work at 7pm and drive to the 167acre Reservoir and fish overnight, be back to work at 11am the next morning.

Even then I managed some good fish, 2 20's in a night from the reservoir, and 8Carp from 19trips. Every trip included a walk around as well to try to locate the Carp. Some nights I wouldn't be set-up until midnight

When I was younger and in my prime, was really into barbel fishing on the Kennet. Use to pick my mate up after work and travel from London to Newbury down the old A4 in a battered Ford Anglia, in them days it was three lanes, one east one west, the middle lane was for overtaking. We use to drive down the middle lane with head lights full on all the way to Reading, mad in them days?. We would fish to two, three o'clock in the morning, drive home, (about a hour and half journey) grab a couple of hours sleep and then go to work. We would then do the same the next night, sometimes three or four nights a week. Sometimes we had a break and went to and all night party. How we did it I'll never know, but that is the advantage of youth, no way I could do it now. Utter nutters.

When I was younger and in my prime, was really into barbel fishing on the Kennet. Use to pick my mate up after work and travel from London to Newbury down the old A4 in a battered Ford Anglia, in them days it was three lanes, one east one west, the middle lane was for overtaking. We use to drive down the middle lane with head lights full on all the way to Reading, mad in them days?. We would fish to two, three o'clock in the morning, drive home, (about a hour and half journey) grab a couple of hours sleep and then go to work. We would then do the same the next night, sometimes three or four nights a week. Sometimes we had a break and went to and all night party. How we did it I'll never know, but that is the advantage of youth, no way I could do it now. Utter nutters.

I love mid week partying. When I worked down in Bournemouth after uni I use to still hit the student nights. But it did get on top of me and almost cost me my job. In reality it did because I never got offered a training contract.

Me and a mate used to do it all the time...... we spent weeks at the lake, one at work the other on guard, this was a tough tightrope to walk though and at times we were both at work leaving the gear there for the day (this was a day ticket water too) just zipped it down and back leaded the lines (rigs unclipped) in the edge looking like they were fishing.

I cant do it anymore as the overalls have been swopped for a shirt tie and trousers..... customers dont like the smell of fish slime and dirt under the finger nails LOL :D:D:D

a battered Ford Anglia

Cool car had one in for welding last year, lotus twin cam, lotus wheels, slammed on the floor and caged 8)

The one thing I remember about it was and to my horror, was going to work in London I stopped at lights at Blackfriars Bridge in the rush hour, the lights turned green, put it in first gear and the gear stick came out in my hand. I was in utter panick, the blasting of hooters was unreal, what made it worst I had only just passed my driving test. It was quite a common fault I found out afterwards. Good old days.

a battered Ford Anglia

Cool car had one in for welding last year, lotus twin cam, lotus wheels, slammed on the floor and caged 8)

The one thing I remember about it was and to my horror, was going to work in London I stopped at lights at Blackfriars Bridge in the rush hour, the lights turned green, put it in first gear and the gear stick came out in my hand. I was in utter panick, the blasting of hooters was unreal, what made it worst I had only just passed my driving test. It was quite a common fault I found out afterwards. Good old days.

thatl be the type 3 box 4 speed, got one in my capri, strong as an ox and will take all the abuse you can throw at it and some, its only problem.... the gearstick has a habbit of coming off in your hand from time to time :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funny enough my next car was a Capri, two great cars, although the Capri had a nasty habit of the backend swinging round if you took corners to fast, but it still is a great looking car and must be one of the best designs ever for a production vehicle, although one of the worst for carrying fishing gear. At least you could do all your own servicing and repairs on both them with the aid of a Haines manual, unlike modern cars where you need a degree in mechanics.

i do this quite alot, home for 10 past 5, lake for half past, packed up for 6 the next morning, most of my igger fish have come on these sessions or afternoon stalking sessions.