Best Pellets !!!!!

benchy

Have a look at the pellets from Kent Particles, great range, cheap, good bunch of lads.

came across these the other day, god to see someone uses them and has positive feedback.

I've heard a lot about people having been sold "out of date" pellets from KP but do take everything with a pinch of salt unless it's someone I know and trust...... :wink:

Carp Pellets!

Theres a little pet shop on the outskirts of Wallingford Oxford that sells them for about £7.50 for 5 killo's. Think its called Blakes?

Other then that I try and buy my pellets from the tackle shop associated with the lake if possible. Why? Well if they own the lake as well as the tackle shop chances are they will be the ones that the fish are feed on. Also, they are unlikley to sell anything that may damage or harm there stock of fish. Kinda kills 2 birds with one stone, You get safe pellets and ones that will attract fish better!

Nick

Try to find pellets that are 10% oil or less. Halibut pellets contain around 40% oil & are not good for Carp.

Carp love halibut pellets i have caught many a fish on these, mainly becuase the the oils they leak out as attractant.

In my opinon high oil pellets will work very well but are VERY FAST to break down.

Try to find pellets that are 10% oil or less. Halibut pellets contain around 40% oil & are not good for Carp.

Carp love halibut pellets i have caught many a fish on these, mainly becuase the the oils they leak out as attractant.

In my opinon high oil pellets will work very well but are VERY FAST to break down.

Halibut pellets are fine in moderation,I like chocolate but would become ill very quickly if I ate 10kg,the same applies to high oil pellets in fish.I don't agree with the last part at all.The higher the oil content then the longer the pellet takes to break down as the oil prevents the water from permeating into the pellet at such a rapid rate.Lower oil pellets such as coarse fish pellets/hemp pellets break down a lot faster then trout/halibut pellets.

A general mixture of pellets incorporating all types of pellets is beneficial not only to the fish but to the angler as there will be a constant release of attractors over the baited area for a number of hours.I tend to use a mixture of various size of betaine,hemp,glm,salmon crumb,mini halibuts,grubber and CSL pellets.[/b]

This is what I wrote on another thread about pellets...

I use all these pellets, caught plenty of fish with them, I put them all in a large PVA bag with some boillies and they usually catch. I normally pay about £20-30 postage for orders of 75-100kg of bait.

£17.75 for 20kg Fatal Attraction pellets

http://www.gjwtitmuss.co.uk/COLOURED-AND-FLAVOURED-PELLETS/pid1875/cid427/FATAL-ATTRACTION-20KG.asp

£26 for 25kg Skretting carp pellets

http://www.gjwtitmuss.co.uk/CARP-PELLETS/pid2040/cid614/08.5MM-SKRETTING-COARSE-CARP-FISH-PELLETS-25KG.asp

£24.99 for 25kg Hemp pellets

http://www.ccmoore.com/products/pellets_a_to_k.asp#hemp_pellets

£21.99 for 25kg CSL pellets

http://www.ccmoore.com/products/pellets_l_to_z.asp#mini_csl_pellets

Can anyone tell what are the best pellets to use for carp fishing?

only just joined the forumn the best pellets I have found are the type with halibut flavour seem to give good results :!: on my lake average 20 fish a session varing sizes 4lb to 16lb

regards

captbaz007

I know that Skretting trout pellets are best for my wallet...

£25 a sack.

Yes but they are absolutely no good for the carps health. So well done you! :roll:

Well said - Ive only ever used Marine Halibut pellets and i felt bad using them !!

The post at the to of this thread tells explains about the dodgy pellets :D

<>Chris

Can anyone tell what are the best pellets to use for carp fishing?

I have found halibut pellets work very well on my water in kent

captbaz007 :lol:

There is a massive difference in Using Trout, Halibut or Salmon Pellets as hookbaits only compared to putting them in as freebies, as Neil has nicely explained

The thread that Chris mentions is this one:

http://www.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=20612

Trout pellets on there own in excess are a risk to Carp

I know that there was a link put up explaining the Risks of Trout Pellets an Article by Dr. Bruno Broughton, a Fishery Biologist.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/bruno14.htm

I've also found this:

On the Bait side, one of the innovations is the "Trout Pellet" and its many derivatives, developed to provide a High Nutritional Feed containing a balance of nutrients for Captive Bred Trout.

The term pellets is now used to descibe the vast number of types of pellets designed for Salmon, Trout, Halibut and even Carp.

These pellets are designed for the particular fish that they are named after, hence Halibut Pellets for Halibut, Salmon Pellets for Salmon etc...

Over the last few years there has been a large amount of concern and some research on the effects that these pellets have on Carp.

High Oil pellets like Trout, Salmon and Halibut Pellets can have a detrimental effect on the health of Coarse Fish.

It has been shown that an excess of these pellets can cause a damaging effect on the health and Immune systems of Carp and other Coarse Fish. Research suggests that Trout and Coarse fish have major differences in their dietary requirements, and pellets designed for these other fish are not suitable for Carp or Coarse fish if used in large quantities.

Another point to add to this, even if not used in excess; what amount is excess we do not know, that the oil in these pellets can go rancid if stored for too long, this in itself is harmful to Coarse fish.

Trout Pellets: available in sizes from 2-10mm. Designed to be a high nutrition feed for Trout. Protein contents typically above 40%, and an Oil content of above 20%.

Elips Pellets: in sizes from 4-14mm. High Oil content, originally for feeding Reared Salmon.

Marine Halibut/Salmon Pellets: in sizes from 3-22mm. A rich feed designed for Commercial Halibut or Salmon Rearing. The protein content is up to 60%, with Oil contents up to 25%. Inclusion of different types of Fishmeal

Therefore the best advice is to avoid the use of these pellets in Carp Fishing.

Because it seems that a few people are putting Carps health after "Catch at all costs" you are going to get some very sarcastic replies about your lack of care and have done so. On top of that you are not getting the "best for your wallet" as Carp/Coarse Pellets are cheaper at £21.60 for 25kg! (Copdock Mill)

I get some of my pellets from Bait and Feed co, normally Red Devil, GLM and Bloodworm pellets, my Carp Pellets I get from my local Animal Feed Supplier.

If you mix the lot up you have different attractors and a brilliant baited area. The Bait and Feed co also do a Pellet combo of the pellets above so you don't have to spend silly money buying large sacks of each of them

• 3 years later...

Halibut pellets are fine in moderation,I like chocolate but would become ill very quickly if I ate 10kg,the same applies to high oil pellets in fish.I don't agree with the last part at all.The higher the oil content then the longer the pellet takes to break down as the oil prevents the water from permeating into the pellet at such a rapid rate.Lower oil pellets such as coarse fish pellets/hemp pellets break down a lot faster then trout/halibut pellets.

A general mixture of pellets incorporating all types of pellets is beneficial not only to the fish but to the angler as there will be a constant release of attractors over the baited area for a number of hours.I tend to use a mixture of various size of betaine,hemp,glm,salmon crumb,mini halibuts,grubber and CSL pellets.[/b]

with you mixture,,,,how much of each ,,how much of each one,,what is glm,,and grubber,,sorry just trying to be better,,thanks

can you tell me why pellets with over 40% oil ,are bad for carp,,thanks,

Most Oils in pellets are fats. 40% fat (minimum) in your diet, not particularly healthy, can lead to heart attack, liver and kidney failure.

Feed the carp with a healthy carp orientated pellet, not give them a coronary :wink: