P.V.A Less is More.

I've just fished two day sessions on the same lake, in not ideal conditions. Friday was clear, no wind and cold with a hell of a frost. Saturday was the complete opposite, overcast and milder inspite of a strong easterly wind off the sea some five miles away.

To get any runs I eventually ended up using tiny bags that had twenty 3mm pellets and one and a half finely chopped boilies in them. My reason for being so precise was so I could easily make identical ones. Over the two days I managed to get seven runs, four on friday and three on saturday, landing five of them.

What's the smallest bag you'd consider using? Do you go to such extremes when making p.v.a bags?

I tried single hookbaits and larger bags on one rod, they never got touched though.

Andy C.

The main reason that i use PVA is so that i'm confident that my presentation is as close to perfect as i can get it, the fact that i get a small pile of bait next to my rig is an added bonus . I find that sticks for fishing over gravel / hard bottoms and solid bags for weed cater for most situations i find myself in.

I tend to use just enough bait to get the required presentation. With a stick i will make it the length of the rig and solid bags will be made to suit the range i'm fishing and how far into the weed i want to place a bait :wink:

The main reason that i use PVA is so that i'm confident that my presentation is as close to perfect as i can get it, the fact that i get a small pile of bait next to my rig is an added bonus . I find that sticks for fishing over gravel / hard bottoms and solid bags for weed cater for most situations i find myself in.

I tend to use just enough bait to get the required presentation. With a stick i will make it the length of the rig and solid bags will be made to suit the range i'm fishing and how far into the weed i want to place a bait :wink:

thats basically the same as me. i might put a bit of liquid attractant in solid bags for added attraction but generally the bags are no bigger then a ping pong ball.