Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest Anonymous

European Arrivals? Poaching!!! "can we steal your fish?

Sorry guys, i have seemed to have lost flow in this thread.

A petition, good idea, BUT what would it be about?? prevention?? action?? like i say i have lost it somewhere. It sounds like your all saying any foreign person found stealing fish for food should be deported?? Other than careing anglers you will have quite stiff oposition, seems just a little drastic to me.

If it was for a tighening of the law, it wont last long and you still will not get what your looking for. IMO.

I seriously doubt any good would come of it Unfortunatly.

The famous saying "learn form your mistakes" maybe instead of all the protection the migrants should do excatly that. It would not take long for the "word" to get round once people start getting pulled up for the things they are doing wrong, It may go some way towards gaining respect, from native brits to migrants and from the migrants to Britain and the brittish way of life (whatever that is?)

Guest Anonymous

Sorry guys, i have seemed to have lost flow in this thread.

A petition, good idea, BUT what would it be about?? prevention?? action?? like i say i have lost it somewhere. It sounds like your all saying any foreign person found stealing fish for food should be deported?? Other than careing anglers you will have quite stiff oposition, seems just a little drastic to me.

If it was for a tighening of the law, it wont last long and you still will not get what your looking for. IMO.

Iam sorry you seem to have lost the flow,

Perhaps some of the comments have strayed slightly of track, but most people view migrants as the route of many social issues, even you posted something on this thread relating to why is there so many social problems, and that perhaps the government should look at the route cause of it, and finish of by saying thats what happens when you invite foreigners to the table

But when you say it "sounds like we just want to deport foreigners back home" perhaps you should have a closer a look, because i did say prosecution with fines/deportation, maybe i should have elaborated further, Fining people is all well and good, but most will just reoffend again, do you propose we just fine them again, didn't work the first time,so wouldn't be worth trying again, so then i would happily deport them back home.

As for tightening the law, it would be a start, but we all know that when caught these people are very rarely brought before the courts because some bleeding heart always crys that we are being racist and over zealous.

We all know this is happening so perhaps by having a petition it will create a bigger awareness of this growing problem, hoping that the government may bring out an action plan for dealing with this crime, perhaps giving the EA some much needed funds to put extra people out on patrol, how often have we been asked for our license by an EA officer, me once in twenty years...so if extra officers were seen to be patrolling waters on a regular basis we may see this act start to die of....

Just an idea, or is that not worth it??????????

Blanked, Im not pointing the finger in any direction and yes i believe there are problems on a social level. I have seen first hand Migrants get away with things that i would have been locked up for, just because they were migrants.

I have not been checked for a licence for years, but i sort of know why. The E.A state that their officers need to collect 5,000 numbers per year, the officer then finds a water and gets their 5,000 numbers, often taking the number of 1 angler on several occassions. I suppose you have offered your services to the E.A to resolve the problem and do the job on a grander scale?? The E.A is not just there for anglers and deals with a host of other areas within the countryside.

Like i said i would take a petition or few around and collect names, Even if i dont think it would do alot of good. If murders are getting off with their crimes what makes you think that a couple of people will be prosecuted under law for eating a fish.... That is after all why they are here in the first place.... and we are not moaning about them taking the bird life off ponds??? which i would imagine is far worse.

I am totally against the actions of a few, and more so against those who protect them. But i dont see that changing regardless of the amount of names on a piece of paper. The problem for me is far larger than that of fish being stolen and used for food, its a complete lack of respect for another culture..... but that is inclusive of so many other things far more wide ranging than a petition could cover.

Guest Anonymous

Coops can anyone offer there services to the EA????

I know they do more than just visit waters, i still think they are under staffed..

I agree with you saying it is a total lack of respect for another persons culture, but if you think a petition would be fruitless, what else could we do to raise awareness?????

I really could not tell you, My thought was maybe not just go it alone from a fishing perspective but involve the nature reserve users etc, a combined effort, larger coverage and larger numbers with wider opinions and view points?? "protect our wild britain"

As for offering services to the E.A not too sure..... Just ask your local officer when you see him..... LOL :D They have a website and an e-mail so if someone was serious then that could be one way of finding out. They ask people to report others and as far as i am aware if you have a licence you have the right to ask another person for theirs. Although fish theft is not really a job for a fishing licence officer. Not even sure removing fish for food is even an issue for the E.A. (one they undertake, maybe it should be if not)

think u need to check ur history mate william was not a viking

:D :D :D

Sorry Mate yes he was!

Normandy had been invaded by the Vikings previously, and

William the Conqueror was the Illegitimate son of a "Naturalised" Norman. The name William of Normandy was taken from where he was born as his Father was unable to give his lands and his title. His Viking Half brother Toskvig(?) attempted the Invasion in the North of Britain that Harald was forced to deal with before he marched down to Hastings.

The Vikings actually invaded and controlled much of Europe, what is now Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Russia, Norway and Sweden.

Please feel free to check it out

As for the points raised regarding Culture we have the problem that many other Countries still raise Carp for food. France, Eastern Europe, Germany all still treat Carp as table fish. It is only specifically in the 20th Century that even the British stopped eating Fresh Water fish themselves.

In terms of "Foreigners" or Economic Migrants invading our country we have a problem in that they hear that in the UK everyone gets say, £150 a week whether employed or not. In their country they earn £25 a week, so they immediately want to come over here. Then the cost of living here is 10 times higher than in their own country. Or we have the persecution and fighting of people in the Balkan countries, former Yugoslavia. They come to the Uk to get away from it. Serbians, Montenegrans, Bosnians, they then all come together and bring their fights with them. Afghanistan should now be free, but why are we still receiving Afghani's when their homeland is now no longer under tyranny? Because we as British are no longer willing to do the Dirty Jobs, so we give these people the Minimum Wage to do what we are too lazy to do. The same happened in the 60's with Economic Migrants from our colonies.

Sorry Mate yes he was!

Normandy had been invaded by the Vikings previously, and

William the Conqueror was the Illegitimate son of a "Naturalised" Norman. The name William of Normandy was taken from where he was born as his Father was unable to give his lands and his title. His Viking Half brother Toskvig(?) attempted the Invasion in the North of Britain that Harald was forced to deal with before he marched down to Hastings.

The Vikings actually invaded and controlled much of Europe, what is now Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Russia, Norway and Sweden.

Please feel free to check it out

As for the points raised regarding Culture we have the problem that many other Countries still raise Carp for food. France, Eastern Europe, Germany all still treat Carp as table fish. It is only specifically in the 20th Century that even the British stopped eating Fresh Water fish themselves.

In terms of "Foreigners" or Economic Migrants invading our country we have a problem in that they hear that in the UK everyone gets say, £150 a week whether employed or not. In their country they earn £25 a week, so they immediately want to come over here. Then the cost of living here is 10 times higher than in their own country. Or we have the persecution and fighting of people in the Balkan countries, former Yugoslavia. They come to the Uk to get away from it. Serbians, Montenegrans, Bosnians, they then all come together and bring their fights with them. Afghanistan should now be free, but why are we still receiving Afghani's when their homeland is now no longer under tyranny? Because we as British are no longer willing to do the Dirty Jobs, so we give these people the Minimum Wage to do what we are too lazy to do. The same happened in the 60's with Economic Migrants from our colonies.

i know that english people only stopped using freshwater fish as food not too long ago (could be said long ago, if u think about it differently), but it doesnt happen any more, and if they want to live it out in our country then they have got to follow the rules, we as english have always treasured our captures, whether it was for going on the plate or like nowdays treasuring the joy of the chase and releasing the fish back to where it belongs, i can understand that it happens where they live, but they shouldnt bring what happens in there country into our country.

Guest Anonymous

i thought this was a card fishin forum not an history lesson:confused:

I thought it was Alcoholics Anonymous, when i realised it wasn't i just stayed and joined in:rolleyes:

Everydays a school day Scott, theres plenty to learn and share with one another on here,

pity some people cannot see that:rolleyes:

I thought it was Alcoholics Anonymous, when i realised it wasn't i just stayed and joined in

Judging by the amount of alcohol at the carp. com xmas party i saw last night ( see "other banter" ), I think you are on the wrong track there Blanked . More like alcoholics synonymous !!

you are right , about every days a school day on the forum .

jim

i know that english people only stopped using freshwater fish as food not too long ago (could be said long ago, if u think about it differently), but it doesnt happen any more, and if they want to live it out in our country then they have got to follow the rules, we as english have always treasured our captures, whether it was for going on the plate or like nowdays treasuring the joy of the chase and releasing the fish back to where it belongs, i can understand that it happens where they live, but they shouldnt bring what happens in there country into our country.

Excately thats why they left there country and came here
Guest Anonymous

I thought it was Alcoholics Anonymous, when i realised it wasn't i just stayed and joined in

Judging by the amount of alcohol at the carp. com xmas party i saw last night ( see "other banter" ), I think you are on the wrong track there Blanked . More like alcoholics synonymous !!

you are right , about every days a school day on the forum .

jim

Well why didn't you join us then Jim, everyone was welcome:D

Threads on this subject attract alot of feelings.My thoughts are not for public reading especially on a fishing forum.I used to be happy living in the UK but if only i could win the lottery.Perhaps i will change my name by depole to ....................then i might get more out of the state i have paid into all my life.

Anyway i think it has all been said in the past so lets leave well alone.

It does make me sick the way the British are punished in a far stricter manner than others. I.e... A local fisherman was fine £100 for fishing without a licence (his expired TWO days before) and he claimed he'd forgotten... yet when several asians were stopped with no licence and were kicking fish they'd had dangling off a line and laughing! NOTHING happened!?

Where exactly is the justice in that?

Half the time I wish all the british hoody gangs would stop beating up their own and do the job the police won't! Because if I see anything like this when fishing some lakes in Dorset in two weeks time, me and my mate will do something about it for sure.

And the point of the police is.... they do nothing to control the streets at all, particularly in my area. The parks and public meeting places are full of drug dealers trading at all hours, random people are mugged and right now most of the crime is caused by the large number of immigrants in the area. The last few years have been horrific.

we pay the highest taxes,we work the longest hours,blar,blar,blar,yes we brits know this already!!!.we are the only country left in the eu with an open door to any one wishing to enter.350.000 people from other countrys came here to stay last year alone.all the complaints in the world wont change what we know to be going on?we are going to have to keep paying for these people with our taxes and we are going to have to put up with the n.h.s going to pot because of the influx of non british people comeing in,so on and so on.i have to work with a lot of people who are not of british blood,and yes it makes me sick to the bottom of my gutts that they are told that in england they will get most thing given to them for next to nothing,they send a lot of there money back home,and one guy told me that his wife is going back home to get there 3 kids and when they get back they are going to claim on benifits?w.t.f?i dont want to be hearing that?imo we should say f**k um and send um back,this country has enough problems as it is.and as for the whole carp killing for food thing tough s*!t go and earn money for food or starve.look fellas im really sorry if iv upset any one but this thing really makes my blood boil.its just all wrong.

The thing with Immigration through the European Union for people seeking Ayslum.

The Ayslum Seekers are supposed to seek Ayslum in the first European Country that they enter. So if they go from a North African country, across into Spain they are meant to seek Ayslum there.

The majority want to come to the UK because of our State and what they can receive from the Government. We are TOO Politically Correct.

The Minority of Ethnic (I put ethnic so as not to offend) People receive the most help in our Politically Correct culture. Those who put the most effort in receive the least.

Sorry I'll say it. At the moment I'm at the bottom of the Pile and needing Help the most, yet because of my White Skin receive the least help, we have a Reverse Racism policy in our Country.

In terms of Laws of our Country all should receive the same Treatment, whether an Ethnic Minority or not! If they commit a crime should receive the same Punishment.

It doesn't matter who Mistreats a Fish, all should be Punished the same, but again the Race Card comes into Force.

Now from what I can remember it USED to be stated on your Rod Fishing Licence that you were allowed to take 2Fish home per day for Food, but because of our Culture we stopped eating the Majority of our Freshwater Coarse Fish as London_geeza said a FEW Years ago.

If fish are bred Specifically for Table Use and SOLD through a Supermarket or other Licensed Shop I have no Problems with it. (See Thread on Morrisons) It comes down to the specifics though of LEGITIMATE Purchase.

Any British Angler will not accept ANYONE Mistreating Fish or removing them for Consumption, our culture has Developed beyond that.

If anyone sees Illegal Fishing , Fish Stocks being removed then the Environment Agency have a Freephone number to report the Fact: 0800807060, remove the first 0 from it if making a call from a Mobile

havent times changed:D when i first arrived in England,i stayed at a guest house for a couple of weeks,i ran out of money so i signed on,i was offered a ticket back to Scotland:D :D

there are some east europeans who fish by our rules,the rest probably think we are nuts for returning the carp after we catch it.

A lot of young men who have been born and brought up in this country are bone idle and pretty useless,they do not want to do manual boring jobs for honest money,they in stead preferr to sign on the dole.East europeans on the other hand, graft hard.

as for abusing and eating fish,in Scotland we fished as kids for trout and as long as they were over 8 inches in length we ate them:) if you got very lucky and nailed a Salmon,you would head to the nearest hotel and flog it at the back door,i once got the equivallent of two weeks wages for 1 Salmon and 2 sea trout.

as for coarse fish the law was quite clear........"kill it"...... i dont know if the law is still the same.

A lot of people down here moan and complain and do very little else,if it anoys you that much do something about it

and salokcinnodog was right about William the Conqueror being a Viking,the word norman comes from "Northman"

These islands we call the Brittish isles have been "invaded" by other cultures for the past 2500 years,first were the celts followed by the romans,jutes,angles,saxons,vikings,normans then after 1066 the invasions were more friendlier

the evidence is in the variety of different surnames to be found in any telephone book

Come the next general election that will be the oportunity to vote

the goverment cant even sort out deportation of undesirables...

so what chance do you thing you will have for protecting your sport??

you have to do it yourselve

this has got to be one of the best threads ever ,i dont even care if it has diverted from carp fishing!!!

I too absolutley hate asylum seekers and the government and the state this country is in.

I have also witnessed these dirty european people fish nicking on my local river and always keep an eye out for them.

One of the main methods they seem to use on my local river is not rod and line but to set up a makeshift net across the weirpools and leave it out overnight , then they come back in the morning and empty the net of fish effectivley "trawling" the river.

I have actually dismantled these traps myself in the past and have emptied them of some good fish including a 6lb tench.

And why are they nicking carp from our lakes for food ???

They could at least take the bream !! :roll::twisted::?:lol::lol:

A whole section further upstream had just about all of the sizeable fish removed, by Set Lines and nets.

It was even easier to net, only 15feet wide and same depth all the way across.

I removed a load of traps and nets myself.