Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
simon_10001

CARP fishing in Sask

Hi there;

Ive been in Alberta 1 year from the UK , im a keen carp fisherman and want to know where to Fish in Saskatchewan and anywhere else in the western canadian areas. Also the size of carp that grow here also. Looking forward to some replies.

Any results from lake or the river for beginning of the season? I want to get out there sometime in the next two weeks. Got some carp equipment from europe and i'm anxious to try it out. Nice to see some pics posted.

The ice was still on the north end of the lake, the river's 3' low, all we've been getting is small ones with a few exceptions. Terry had an 18 - 12, (he's a bit crippled up and had trouble hanging on to it), my best is 13 - 11, and the low end is around 9 -12. I'd hoped to get twice the weights right off the hop this year, but I'm sure they'll be coming out once the water warms up.

08-1.JPG

08-2.JPG

08-3.JPG

08-4.JPG

08-5.JPG

08-6.JPG

08-7.JPG

Those are beautiful. Thanks a lot for a quick reply and all the info. I just checked with my work and it looks like I'll be coming may 23-24, hopefully by then it's all melted and the river runs deeper. In all honesty at this moment I wouldn't mind even the "smallest" of your catch :) It's been a loooong winter for this year, we had snow on may 8-10, didn't stay for long but it sure fell down, flakes size of a golf ball(in diameter not in weight :))

Thanks again

Hello I move from Serbia to Calgary and I was looking around for carp but only information was about Sasktchewan.

Its 10h drive from Calgary to last mountin lake.

Last 15 years Im fishing only carps,last 8 years I was on lots of tournaments back home and I didnt go on fishing last year at all so if  you can give me some informations

about rules at lakes because at home we are fishing with 3 rod and we fishing 24h.

I'm asking because i want to start buying gear for carp fishing.

Thank you for answers!

Welcome to the forum. It's 1 rod only in Sask and I think a non-resident license is $60, season starts May 1. There are a few groups of Serb and Croatian anglers who come from Saskatoon, Calgary, and even Edmonton to fish here, and some have been coming for 25 years. I've been carp fishing for about 14 years so we recognize each other, but they're keeping everything they catch so we don't speak much beyond hello and are they biting?

buzz bomb thank you on fast answer,its preety stange fishing carps on 1 rod but thats are the rules.

Can you tell me is some tournaments in carp fishing exist at Saskatchewan.

Like back home tournamets was 48h non stop fishing or marathons 72h fishing feeling is grand when you win at tournament.

I'm not eating fish only my wife so from time to time I bring her some fish for eating rest of ti C&R

http://youtu.be/pyRYow0zbZc

img1512ie.jpgimg1513uq.jpgpicture058m.jpgpicture051gn.jpgimg1092vo.jpgpicture052lr.jpgimg1091qr.jpg

All this fish are C&R for new generation of fishermans.

Maybe im little bored but can you tell me what you prefer corn or boiles because I'm fishing

alemoust aleways on boiles and I'm making my own on my recipe.

And wich flavor give better result fruit or meat?

All this fish are C&R for new generation of fishermans.

Maybe im little bored but can you tell me what you prefer corn or boiles because I'm fishing

alemoust aleways on boiles and I'm making my own on my recipe.

And wich flavor give better result fruit or meat?

The carp here aren't usually shy and if they're feeding they'll take almost anything. In the past I've had trouble getting them on corn early (first 2 weeks of season) and used a nightcrawler as well until the water warms up a bit then they'd take just corn. I use fruit or scopex boilies and rarely any sort of meat, but I think they'd take meat too. One rod isn't too bad if they're biting, but it would be nice if 2 were allowed. The wardens watch for it and will ticket offenders! They take the extra gear you're using then make you go to the city next business day and pay the fine before giving your rod and reel back. It isn't worth it and I never try.

Thank you boys!

Buzzbomb take me to the good spot :wink:

This week I'm going for spinning gear and than starting with buying CARP gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will by reel at bass pro Daiwa basia QD but for rod is little problem I found some store in Hamilton they have alemoust everything there

rods,flavours,aditives,hoks...

But I dont know price for shiping from Hamilton to Calgary?

And if you have some advice for buying gear in Canada will be more than welcome! :P

And by yours opinion when is the best time to come for fishing Carp because they reproducing at 18,8C and winters in Canada are longer than in Europe.

I'm working at counstraction so my free time is about nothing onlyu I can take a vacation like 5-7 days and come for little bit fishing Carp.

We're working on it; predicting the weather can be hard and guessing where the fish will be can be hard. How early do you have to ask for your holidays? We've been talking about the second week of June (5 weeks into the season) because it was a cold winter and the ice is thicker now than normal. Normally it is 3' but this year is 3'6". Do you prefer to camp or rent a room? There are a few different options including a campground at Craven, the motel in Craven and cabins at Rowan's Ravine (google D&G Marina) which has pros and cons depending on a few things. None of us is sure exctly where we'll be - if I get called I may be having surgery then but i'd like to get some good fishing in first.

Cars with Alberta plates started rolling in on Thursday afternoon for the long weekend. I suppose they're fishing in the rain right now before driving home.

We had bags of fun at the river today but the only fish worthy of note came to Clinton @ 18-4. It might not look it but he was too German to listen to me and hold it right and I'm too Prussian to bother telling him twice, also he's a big boy.asyby5uq.jpg

Long time no look at forum and I see some nice news.

Well done nice fish Im fishing around alberta but only pike it is what it is for now.

I hope so I'll find time and get to the sask this summer.

I catch last week pike 37" around 6kg nice fish but still in my heart are carp!

Boogy if you need help around Calgary area let me know. I'm in Calgary but originaly from Kopacki rit. Fished Saskatchewan and British Columbia for carp, Alberta as well for Prussian carp. Shoot me a part and we'll go from there.

The fishing isn't great so far - there are lots of little ones being caught but few over 10 - 12 lbs. My best so far is 13 - 4 and mtcarper had one maybe 4 or 5 lbs better yesterday. There are probably only another 8 or so doubles in our group and 1 angler has a few twenty somethings. I blame the flood years that still have the marsh covered and suspect they are out there. This little mooch was after our bait this morning.

zazunasy.jpge9yzymem.jpg

Here's the new uni-lingual sign telling people they can kill carp, but not buffalo fish.

aqahepuz.jpg