Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ruup4it

Some serious reading for your own health and safety

brilliant post ruup4it well done, i used to shoot for a farmer, pidgeons crows and vermin, the farmer used to keep pigs, and when the odd one died he used to take them onto a pile and burnt them, well the vermin that used to gather round the carcasses were massive never have and never want to see rats that big again and they were fearless, i hate the things, when i go now i take a fen trap with me and set it out the way and try to kill a few off :lol:

muscle20

Posted: 7th Nov 2010 18:42 Post subject: weils diseaese from rats.

having seen in the papers about the rower who died recently this got me thinking with regard to us anglers. how many of us take precautions with regards to any cuts on our hands or when eating food.

ive been out and got myself one of those little bottles of hand sanatiser and now keep it in my fishing bag. might be worth thinking about.

keith

leggs007

Posted: 7th Nov 2010 20:03 Post subject:

wet wipes and anti bacterial hand gel allways in my bag

slimysime

Jedi

Posted: 8th Nov 2010 21:09 Post subject:

Just a thoughtlads but we can also contract weills disease from cows too

salokcinnodrog

slimysime wrote:

Just a thoughtlads but we can also contract weills disease from cows too

And squirrels and foxes

It's been a while since this was brought to everyone's attention so I thought I'd give it a bump :wink:

well bumped Dal, it needs to be kept current :wink:

must get the mods to pin it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OOoops!! my bad, just noticed its pinned :oops: :oops: :wink:

Edited by cyborx

Pigeons also carry leptospirosis--- just a heads up as I didn't see them mentioned in the post

Psitacossis is more of a concern from pigeons, although pigeons are pretty scarce everywhere that I fish so I'm not overly concerned :wink:

P.S. Good shout though. It's always good to keep the risks of wildlife, for want of a better expression :wink: , at the forefront of peoples thoughts.

Just to give you the full picture.

Leptospirosis is transmitted by the urine of an infected animal and is contagious as long as the urine is still moist. Although Leptospira has been detected in reptiles and birds, only mammals are able to transmit the bacteria to humans and other animals. Rats, mice, and moles are important primary hosts—but a wide range of other mammals including dogs, deer, rabbits, hedgehogs, cows, sheep and certain marine mammals carry and transmit the disease as secondary hosts. :shock: :shock:

enjoy your fishing folks :lol: :lol: