has anyone ever fallen in the lake??

samcfc

Yes I have once last summer, was standing at my mates swim talking to him, my alarm went off so ran over unfortunatley it had been raining which made me slip, fell on my ass and went straight through my pod breaking the leg and took everything in to the lake with me unfortunatley lost the fish after I had been playing it for 10 minutes whilst sitting in the lake! :twisted:

november last year i decided to do a 24 hour session. within 15 minutes of being at the lake my alarm starts screaming off, i ran onto the platform where my rods where. next thing i know, i was sat in the lake and the platform had drifted into the middle of he lake. so i had to swim and retrieve the platform with my alarms and rods still intact. and i still landed the fish.

Good job i had some work clothes in my car.

The worst thing about it is i made the same mistake about 2 hours later.

so i had to finish the rest of the 20 hour session in my boxer shorts and a high vis coat. In the middle of winter

My fishing buddie is a prime candidate fof this as when he gets a run He goes into panic mode! Drinks go flying and so does He! he's already lost a 600 quid I phone and a Tag watch in the pond, and now has a ATTs reciever, How long for...................................................... :P I on the other hand am an Old Dog and keep it cool 8)

oh my god if i fell in the lake i dont know what ild do ????

probably behave like an unhappy fish who had just been caught and hide in my bivi :D

Have you had many unhappy fish hide in your bivvy?

Only once, years ago when I used to use a sunlounger with the bottom section folded up. A woodpecker landed in the tree behind me which I'd never seen before. So I was stretching around and the bottom legs folded because they weren't locked and down I slid through the mud into the lake. To make it worse I had a hell of a job getting back out because of all the mud. All I was doing was looking around hoping no one had seen me lol.

a week ago. some plonkers dog running in my swim. ran under my rods sent everything flying . in a panic i tried to chase the dog and ended up in the water. only a foot or so deep. but i gashed my hand. 11 stitches. good thing though, been signed off work. thats the trouble with fishing park lakes, to many dog walkers who don't give a dam.

I fell in from a tree, whilst spotting carp...

I was up approx 20ft and stood on a branch that was fine at first and seemed quite sturdy, after approx 10 mins, as i moved to get a better look..... SNAP...... Then in i went.... Lucky though i missed a metal pole that was in the water..

Only trouble was, i wasn't meant to be there looking at the time, and no change of clothes.....

Believe it or not it was a flowery one lol we had no shame back then

Thats alright then it was Camouflaged :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Pretty sure I've posted this before, but even now when I think about it I laugh to myself.

My mother had gone on holiday, so I was looking after her dog, a flipping great Golden Retriever. I had a word with the syndicate owner who ok'd me to bring the dog down.

Driving to the lake, I had put him in the very back of the car in the hatchback, only for him to push my bedchair down, and climb into the back seat, which I discovered when I'm getting a large wet toungue behind the ear (which I don't mind from the right person, but not a blooming great dog :roll: ).

Got him back into the boot, fixed up the bedchair again, so he couldn't climb over, and carried onto the lake.

As I arrived I put his stake in the ground, which was too close to the water, so he decided that he wanted a swim, his choice! Moved him away from the water, set up my bivvy, settled down on my bedchair to get a flipping great wet lump jump up on me.

First thing in the morning I had a run, so as I get to the rods the dog decides to assist, and nuzzles up behind me, pushing me into the lake up to my thighs, taking out the rod pod and other rod in the process. Got back onto dry land, while playing the fish, sorted out the rod and pod, and landed a single figure Carp.

My mate in the next swim comes up to see the mess, and wet himself laughing. He looked after the fish in the net, while I got changed. As I went to put it back the dog decides to give some assistance, so I slid back down the bank, back into the water.

only fell in a lake once, on a school trip to a nature park, we were netting little sticklebacks and i just leant over too far and SPLASH!!! had loads of bootys though!!!!! my fishing buddy speall fell in a few weeks back in the lake when 2 3rds were frozen, he went to put a back lead on, and the bank gave way! ha ha

magic, absolute magic!

bill :D