Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
zander1

Rig tying tackle and tackle box essentials:

This is something i have been working on for fun for a while and thought it may be of use :)

After looking around for a thread to put it in (was toyed between the what box thread and the which hooklink threads) but thought it would make more sense to start something new.

I'm hoping that more people will add to this thread (especially older members) their own pics and write ups to give an idea of what different people use and as a rough guide for the essentials that are needed in every box, personal items and to give new carpers an insight into what they do and don't need.

My box contains everything that i use and nothing is unnecessary, even if there are items in there that don't get used often.

Jack :)

carping-1.jpg

(hope its big enough to read)

Just lately mine consists of the following

Fox quick change swivels

4 & 8mm rubber beads

13lb incognito fluoro

15lb fox cortex

fox ssc hooks in various sizes

Enterprise snag safe running lead rings

a few custom made leads

1 to 3oz leads

a few rig booms

pva thread and tape

and a some hair stops and baiting needles

Thats about it.

Ah floats, new id forgot to add something:)

So what is it you use the plastasine for Nick?

101 Uses for plastersine on the bank Jack, Adding weight to swingers, rolling baits for Barbel and chub, also handy in snaggy/weedy swims, as it will pull off if the fish runs through the weed etc etc,

Nick! Is that my lighter i see? You theiving Git :evil::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit....

Good Post Jack :D

Ah floats, new id forgot to add something:)

So what is it you use the plastasine for Nick?

Plasticine is used a weight for stalking in snaggy areas to prevent any snag up :wink:

The Wire cutters for deep hooks that won't come free easily with forceps. I'd cut the hook shank rather than try to worry it free, then feed the point out.

All my Leads are bagged up in sizes and to protect the Weed or other coatings, and PVA is also Plassy bagged to protect it from damp and condensation.

{edit}

No its my spare lighter that I otherwise Liberated :wink::twisted::lol::lol:

Thanks for the replies :) makes sense :)

Brian, where are the other 98 uses :P:lol::lol::lol:

Do you really want them all? I would think a lad of your talent, once put on the right track would be able to work the rest out :P:lol::wink: