Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
666carpcatcher

Catch Reports April 2009

That 38 lb common is quite an accomplishment, here in my state on this side of the ditch that would no doubt have you receiving a plaque at the awards banquet for the sport fishing tournament, and just seven pounds shy of our state record.

Well done.

Dave, this newbie would like to know which species of carp the fat 20 pounder is? another stunning catch by the way.

Its a Mirror, Cyprinus Carpio, same breed as the Carp in USA, but you have nearly all Common Carp with very few Mirrors over there I believe.

If you search out Levigsp's posts he mentions how over time they gradually revert back to Common scaling through spawning

To all, some great catches, well done

Had one out today,double linear,pics will come when i get them

Looking forward to seeing them Jake. I have a feeling no-one will have seen it before 8)

Absoulte stunning fish mate,uncaught fish first time its seen a bank,nice starburst colour,linear scales through the middle,and the same on its back ill get the pics soon

Had 2 today.

a nice 7lbish mirror, first cast, hadn't even put the bank-sticks in and set the alarms up (as i was helping my cousin set up). Off my post 8) Paul had just turned up to say hi :)

Nothing for ages- lost two rigs on snags. was sure my rod on the post would go again all day, noticed a fish breaking the surface and saw some shadows under the surface as it warmed up, tied up a zig and cast out into open water then caught a 14lb common (weighed) on a zig rig, size 8 widegape, my first fish on a zig this year i believe :) put up a fair scrap :P had to leave at 3 :(

DSC01260.jpg

Still no sign of the 20lber, tight lines :)

hi guys, just got back from a 24 hr sesh, had 3 fish, 10lb, 4lb 2oz, and 17lb 8oz

10lb, and before anyone says, no it wasnt my rubbish, and yes it did bin it when i left

IMG_1603.jpg[/img]

17lb 8oz

IMG_1605.jpg[/img]

didnt get a pic of the 4lber, all fish fell to bottom baits, the 2 doubles, fell to a mainline pineapple 18mm

magic, absolutely magic!!!

bill :D

I fished Friday night to Sunday morning and had 8 carp, the most i've had out of this lake on a session before was 3 so not a bad session for this lake. All the fish were in good condition and I didn't notice any marks on any of them.

Got into a bit of a mess on Saturday night, I had a 9lb carp on it got tangled in one of my other lines, then the spreader block fell off the end of my net pole and sank into the margin which was over 5ft deep. I had to put my rod down grab my weigh sling then guide the fish into the sling and unclip the rig in the water. Then I had to make a quick phonecall to a mate to borrow his landing net for the rest of the night :lol: Got to buy a new net for next weeks session now :(

All these pictures are self takes as I've had a peaceful weekend on my own.

8lb1oz244091010pm.jpg

8lb 1oz

9lb4oz25409440am.jpg

9lb 4oz

9lb6oz25409720am.jpg

9lb 6oz

7lb0oz25409450pm.jpg

7lb 0oz

9lb12oz25409815pm.jpg

9lb 12oz

6lb4oz26409205am.jpg

6lb 4oz

6lb6oz26409230am.jpg

6lb 6oz

9lb15oz26409530am.jpg

9lb 15oz

There is a new ultra light challenge out there, and currently a bailiff from a syndicate near Dereham is the champ. He caught a fourteen pound carp on a collapsible ultra light fishing rod.

Practicing ultra light carping today (until my collapsible gets here) with a 4'6" micro-spin rod and four pound test line. Got this little common and this ten pounder, my new P.B. Headwaters of the Murderkill river, spillway below Coursey's Pond near Felton Delaware.

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg