Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
foosh18

Semolina????

The UK guys seem to be on top of the boilie game so I have a question for you. I have found that semolina flour is extremely pricey here in oz. Do any of you make boilies without it? Is the semolina the main flavor factor or something? Just trying to learn. Thanks for your help.

Cody

Per 100g, semolina has 11-13g of protein but 72-74g of carbohydrate.
then it does have some nutritional content?

That depends on what you are looking for in a bait. High carbohydrate boilies are the highly flavoured, highly coloured, ready mades such as the Richworth Tutti Frutti. And i wouldnt class them as a food bait, would you?

Of course carbohydrates are are a must in a food bait for a carp but if i was making up a base mix from scratch, i wouldnt use semolina as my carbohydrate source thats for sure. A good quality birdfood can do a much better job :wink:

Tony, High protein for WHEAT! Semolina is typically in the 16- 18% range. Normal wheat flour is in the 12 - 14% range.

Not in the same ballpark as a high protein fishmeal. However all that protein makes gluten when wet, which makes a very good binder with fair nutrition.