So we all have a flavor or two that we just think is the best flavor. My quesion is whats yours? I love reading and seeing what people are using. Now this can be with your Boilie Flavors or what ever your flavoring.

For me. My number one flavor in my homemade boilie range would by far be my Summertime Secert Boilie(which is a pineapple and more flavor) Now when it comes to Maize and I want something different. I flavor my maize strawberry and dye it a red color also.

So Whats Your Flavor???

Yes Mollasses is a great additive!!! I've been using it for some time now. This year I've been using a mollasses/honey mix that I pour on my PVA Mesh Ball of pellets. It doesn't melt the PVA but I don't let it soak on it ether. I just pour it on and cast it out. In fact that was what got me a few carp last week when I couldn't get a bite due to the heavy rains and bad cold front we had here. I just made this morning some high protein/food boiles. I can't get my hands on some fish meal so I ground up some Koi Pellets that I've been using. I used that in place of the fish meal. I've never used a boilie like this before so I don't know how it will work. I've used the pellets in a PVA mesh bag and I've had good luck with them so I'll see if these new boilies of mine work or not. I've just always used fruity and creamy boilies flavors.

Hi Barbeldave

So with your Maize and Boilies. Do you flavor your own Maize and do you make your own Boilies or do you buy them both? If you buy them who makes them or what brand are they? Now if you make them. What brand of flavoring do you use? Aslo with that crab and spice boilie what is the spice in tho's boilies and do you really have good luck on them? I know you must since you put in down. But I've just never used a fishy boilie like that. I've just always used fruity and malty flavors. But I have made a spicy worm boilie this year that I've been catching some carp on it. I used "BCUK The Worm", Curry Powder, and Chilli Powder in tho's boilies. HAHA Sorry for the hundred ? i just love to learn what other people are using.

Hi

i make all my own boilies and flavor the corn i use, with the corn i soak the maize corn for 48 hours in water and sugar cook until soft but not to soft, wait until it cools then add the flavor, these by the way are just hook baits, use some of the water you cooked the corn in then add about 5ml of flavor, use a plastic tub screw top and leave to soak for as long as you like.

Boilies i could write pages and pages about how i make them and what flavors i use.

So what flavor do you use and like to use when your making your fishy flavored boilies. The reason I ask is I want to start using fishy flavored boilies but I'm not sure what to start with. I can't find fish meal so I've got some Koi/Carp food which is high in fish meal. So I've ground the pellets up and I made some boilies with it but I haven't used them yet. I have used the pellets in PVA bags with maize and boilies and have had good luck on them. But back to making boilies here the thing. Do people just use a fish meal boilie with no added flavor or do you add other flavor to the fish meal boilies? Well if any one else has anything to say about making fishy flavored boilie let me know:) THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I live in Franklin County Pa. Haha the funny thing with you saying that the monster crab is you top fishy flavor is that I've alway told myself that if I would ever try a fishy flavored boilie that I would start off with a crab flavor boilie first. Guess I should have went for it;) Now do you use a fish meal boilie with the monster crab as it's flavoring?

Well I tried that idea you gave me. I made a spicy Tuna Crab Boilie. The fishy boilie dry mix that I've been using takes a ton of eggs. Like it would probably take like 6-7 eggs for a pound of dry mix. So I normally would use about 4-5 eggs and then would just add water to make the last bit of the mix, mix all together. So what I did this time is used all of the crab juice and half of the tuna juice out of the cans. Also I hope no one freaks out about this and I hope I didn't do a sin here. But I used 1 oz of the crab and tuna meat in my boilies also. They came out nice and I'm not drying them real long because of the meat in them I want to get them in the freezer till I need them. Thanks BuzzBomb. Hope I catch a big one on them :wink:

Have a look in a Chinese food store for Belacan paste, basically, it's a natural Shrimp paste, but boy does it STINK and it's a great Carp puller.....

Quite salty to the taste being Sea based, it also contains a lot of digestable proteins and amino acids, along with fermentation acids and salt as mentioned.

It genarally comes in a block of paste, which can be grated off with a fine cheese grater.... about 75g/per kg of base mix is a good starting point.

Just add it to the egg, and leave for 10-15 mins to allow it to marinate with the egg. :wink:

You might want to mix/grate it outdoors tho, the smell is so strong it could warrent divorce proceedings, so be warned!! :wink:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

my top maize flavours this yr have been pinapple in warm water and mintzilla in cooler temps (mintzilla is vanilla mint) both are shop bought but made by a local guy, he has a website/carp store.

www.newworldcarp.com

The maize is made/flavoured by him, its called monster maize. works for me. (i'm not on the payroll! he ships all over the u.s & canada)

For boilies i've been making my own simple soy flour, semolina, corn flour, coolaid ones. i've done well with peach mango with added scopex.

I used to help my old man make boilies growing up (he had rolling trays etc) but this year was my first try on my own, i'd like a better recipie next yr.

I would like some info on where to get better base mixes from in canada, so i can make better boilies for next yr. and Anywhere to get decent shop bought fishmeals from? i've got a few pop ups i've been soaking in crayfish scent, they've been catching too but i'm close to running out. (i only use em in fall when the cats have gone deep!) i can't make fisheys at home, unless the mrs goes away for a weekend. she moans about scopex, no way id get away with crushing fish meal in the mixer and shredding a crazy concentrated crap bar with our cheese grator!