Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mstarks

Best bottom bait hook

hi i also have found that korda wide gapes are not the best hook i have just orderd some nash fang x to try but so far the best hook i have used is the kamasan animal but they dont stay sharp for long enough i am reasonably new to carp fishing and im finding this chat very intresting

hi i also have found that korda wide gapes are not the best hook i have just orderd some nash fang x to try but so far the best hook i have used is the kamasan animal but they dont stay sharp for long enough i am reasonably new to carp fishing and im finding this chat very intresting

May be interesting for you, I used a Korda WideGape this week and I know that I had pick-ups, but with this pattern hook I could not convert a take. As soon as I switched back to my Carp-R-Us Centurions I managed to convert 2 takes to definite runs. The rigs were otherwise identical

I honestly can't remember or understand why I used the Korda pattern, probably Dave convinced me to try something else :?:roll:

I do know that I won't be using them again in a hurry.

The hooks I use for most of my bottom bait fishing are Trakker TH1's, Carp-R-Us Nailers, switching to Centurions when I need something a bit stronger and Owner FLB's. You simply CANNOT snap one of them and the point is awesome. I will say with the Owner's though, and I think that Matt (Sharpy86) may have found this problem as well, if you fish a water where the carp have softer mouths (maybe Silt feeders?) that they can cut as they are that sharp :!:

I would have stayed with ESP Big T Raptors, but since Drennan/ESP brought out their Ready Tied Leadcore Death Rigs I will no longer use their products and have since binned all of the stuff that I had with the exception of my ESP cap.

I would have stayed with ESP Big T Raptors, but since Drennan/ESP brought out their Ready Tied Leadcore Death Rigs I will no longer use their products and have since binned all of the stuff that I had with the exception of my ESP cap.

Why advertise a company if you feel they damage the sport and its so wrong you boycott them :?::roll:

bin the hat man :wink:

I looked at some nash fangs and they looked felt sharp never used them though, I have used Raptors with my popups and again seem tough and sharp.

currently using armapoints in some combination of university degree style lettering sssp I think.

They are the dogs :P