Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
yenrab

mansbridge reservoir, southampton.

Hi all my names dean and im new to this. i was wondering if anyone had fished this place ( mansbridge reservoir, southampton ). i was out walking one day when i stumble upon this little lake. after a walk round i noticed several big carp 20 lbs + roaming round without a care in the world. after speaking with a guy there he tells me carp to 37lbs have been caught from there. i've fished there on 10 occasions now and have blanked every time bar one, when i landed a 12lb common. i've tried many different approach but to now avail, just wondered if anyone had any tips or tactics for this place. thanks. tight lines

never fished it myself but i know a couple of people who have and have had good results, go with a mate though if your sensible especially after dark. in the days its fine but you get the local drunks/junkies there at night and its pretty isolated.

wouldnt mind going down there one day midweek.

let me know how you get on if you do go and if your down there midweek i might come down for a dangle with you if you want?

hey thanks for the heads up i dont think i will be doing some nights there, but i will be there day time. i'll be there most day looking for that elusive catch so im sure we my bump it to each other. would be good to get another persons view on the place. every time ive been there ive seen plently of big carp, some so close that i could probably touch if i tried. however every method ive tried fails. but i'll keep trying. :D

i might take a stroll down there on friday with the dog if your there?

i often walk along the river upto the white swan pub so its only round the corner. ill be with the staffy in my pic, how will i recognise you if your there?

i'll probably by the only one fishing there lol, but if your with the staffie in the pic i will recognize you. i'll let you know if im down there that day. where abouts are your from, im in bevious valley. you must be kinda local too. how long have you been carping, im kinda new so any advice tip tricks ect would be very welcome, i fish on my own so views an opinions from other people will help me a great deal. thanks

fished there again today with no success, im now running out of ideas. i can not get these carp feeding no matter what i try, iv tried pre baiting, not baiting at all, stalking the carp but still nothing. I NEED HELP!!!!!

hi iv just joined and i fish the rezzie regular iv had them out to 27lb and this year iv had about a dozen fish out this year already if you want to ask me anything i will help you.

hi i was walking around this lake the other day and was informed by a ea official that the slow fishing is due to ongoing dedgeing wrk on sunday mornings.the project is due to be complete august 09 so after that will maybe get a little better.i hope this helps!!! regards scott

hi i have,nt heard that 1 i know some of the locals have been taking the lillies out in cetain places and that the oxygen is loww 33% in some places shud be 40% min and the fishin is,nt slow u just got yo stick with it iv had best year so far there about 10-12 fish so far lost a few as well but i dont go for a few hours i go for days that increases the chances of a bite

hi iv just heard from some of the locals its a bit dodgy up there in the summer time ur car is at risk there has been some break ins over the last few months so you would have to b careful up there and sleep with 1 eye open at nite

hi lads new to this site

went for a walk down the ressy the other day and it was full of carp on the top.went back the next day and all that happened was i got very frustrated by them.they didnt seem to want anything.also the place is so full of weed that there is only 2 or 3 swims you can actually fish.anyone got any advice on the place.thanks

Used to fish this place 17 odd years ago was a very hard lake for it's size, it was always best if you could get out onto the island and fish off of there as you wouldn't be bothered by idiots at night.It always used to fish well if you pre-baited with particles and then fished a boilie over that.The last time I fished it I used a 20mm pellet soaked in red venom got a take but didn't get it in

I often walk round it with the dog and although it lokks weedy/full of lilies there are a few holes to fish to.

Also if you do decide to wade across to the island just be careful of the silt it's pretty deep in some places the best place to wade across is as you come in from the carpark there's a gravel/hard patch leading to the island just take a long bakstick as a wading staff and you'll feel the way across.

oh and a pair of chest waders

]is this the small resevoir near to the river??

Yes mate it is,the one with more lillies and weed than water.A real challenge :D

oh dear :lol:

i done some work on that resevoir whilst at sparsholt college, the reason your pre baiting approaches might not be working is the oxygen levels, there was 1.3 mg/l of dissolved O2 when we were there, the only reason the fish are surviving is due to the fact their bodies have adapted and they now carry more heamoglobin within there blood.

so bare in mind when your fishing that the oxygen is constantly at a low in there and the best time for a bite will probably be during the day when the plants are photosynthesising and O2 levels are higher :wink:

From memory and I havnt fished their in over 30 years , it was free as I believe council owned.

Dont leave anything in your car on view , but this applies to all carp parks .