Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nebraskacarpman

does anyone here fish for carp in Nebraska?

I catch quite a few at Standing Bear Lake in Omaha. But if you want to catch some really big ones, Harlan County Reservoir has some quaility and quantity. I use mostly canned corn with a small circle hook and little to no weight. I do recommend a good rod holder!

I fish at the fremont lakes, there is some really nice fish in the boating lake(Victory Lake) I use european methods.

I am also a member of the Carp Anglers Group which is a U.S. based club. check it out the web address is carpanglersgroup.com, my user name on the forum is carpaholic316

I too fish standing bear often. What time of day do you see it to be best? Biggest ive caught was near 30lbs, its crazy how one minute they will be biting like crazy then they shut off and cant get a bite. I used to fish lake 20 in fremont that was 15 years ago. Huge buffalo!!! Did they kill all of the fish that were in there or net them out or what? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated fellas, thanks

Standing bear seems to have its days, one time they are hot on the bait, then they aren't. As for Fremont lakes # 20, they killed all the fish off, but there is a lot of big buffs in victory lake, but catching them is another challenge. If you want to see the fish we catch or just want to see what's going on, just check out my facebook page which can be found if you do a search for carpaholic316 or search for Dave Kumm. There are a few of us that get together several times a year to fish & B.s.

Take care!

Just got home from standing bear caught a couple but got rained out. I really need to make it up to fremont soon, i miss them big buffalo. Last week i went out after storms, both times i hammered the carp at lake 16. Gotta work tomorrow or id go out after this storm too. Does it matter what part of the lake at victory you fish?

It seems that the best places for buffs are between the south bank & the island out aboutin the middle, then the other spot on victory would be the cove area where all the jet skis park & near the dead end road that used to go between lake 12 & victory. If you are ever out there & see a red ford ranger w/ a purple camper shell & a red dodge ram parked together that would be us, another giveaway its us is the fancy rod holders we use. Feel free to stop by & introduce yourself. We will be fishing this weekend on the backside of victory where the two parts of the lake meet, that is another hot spot for us. Take care!

Dave K. (Carpaholic)

We haven't been to Omaha for several weeks now, we have tried standing bear a couple of times but really haven't had much luck there except a few smaller ones? We went to Lake manawa & did pretty good there , caught several nice commons, & some big grass carp. We have been having our best luck in Fremont on victory lake, catching several buffalos over 20 lbs! And some decent commons!, but I spend a lot of time chumming the spot we fish in advance during the week, as we almost always fish the spot on the weekends. I hear there is some monster carp in Werspan lake over by the sapp bros. truck stop, but haven't had a chance to try it.

I live close to Werspann but never have fished there. Im gonna have to try it soon, same with fremont. Victory Lake is the main boating lake that dont screw up the fishing at all? I would'nt mind hooking into a nice buffalo its been years since ive been to lake #20 before they killed it off.

Id like to know where that kid got that record bigmouth at

We have our very own bigmouth record holder,his name is Danny Fairbrass,you may have heard of him...