pigeon mix

geordiecarper

Guest Anonymous

I don't pre-soak mine but due to the fact that the mix has smaller as well as larger particles like maize, I always boil for 30/40 minutes then stick it in a bucket a couple of days before I go.

Better safe than sorry :?

If im useing pigeon conditioner im normally useing hemp aswell, so in that case it gets the same treatment as the hemp (Soaked for 12-24 hours then boiled untill split) if useing it on its own which is very rear it will either be boilied for 30 mins or left to soak for 24-36 hours, basically if you have time to soak it for a day no need to boil if you have an hour spare boil it for 30-45 mins and no need to boil :wink:

PARTICLES.jpg

Speaking of pigeon conditioner or partiblend whatever you want to call it, (i take it that it is the same thing :? ). Ive been told that its more effective if you let it ferment just like you can do with tigers. Has anyone heard of this or is someone trying to feed me a line? Cos i do admit that is a new one on me.

I normally soak mine with an amount of groats for about 24 hours and then boil for about 30 mins.

Once boiled into a bucket with about half of the cooking liquid and an amount of icing sugar depending on the quantity and then leave for anyone 24 hours before using.

Get a great finished product that gives off a cloudy effect, was using it at the weekend, in a few cases had runs before I'd even tightened up.

Speaking of pigeon conditioner or partiblend whatever you want to call it, (i take it that it is the same thing :? ). Ive been told that its more effective if you let it ferment just like you can do with tigers. Has anyone heard of this or is someone trying to feed me a line? Cos i do admit that is a new one on me.

Yeah it does tend to be a liitle netter once its started to ferment, but i found it can turn rancid rather quickly, so be carfull :wink:

tony,

right there i soak for 48 hours at least in a warm area (my shed) ferments then i bring to the boil to kill off the bacteria.