Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
okcarp

Okanogan lake Carp

This I would have to say is the best place for Carp fishin in Canada. I have seen 50 even 60 pounders swimmin around here even hooked em but my line snapped. I usually catch my fish by seeing them. In this lake they swim close by. I have a tactic that seems to work really well. I take some corn or bread chuck it out and wait. And not to long later I see some big babys swimmin up. My average catch is usually 10lbs. But the 20 pounders are still hooked quite a lot. Just went on Wednesday and caught a six and a 10 pounder. Anyway I'll be posting some picks of my latest catches soon. Nice to meet you all glad someone took the time to create a Carp Forum.

The only problem is in summer is that there are many people swimmin around the carp docks so they scare em. Also everybody hates carp around here and never fishes for em usually kill em. There spooked easily

but arent afraid to come close in for the corn. If you come you should go on one of the docks and just dump some corn a little off the edge. And watch em come my friend.

So is there any fresh news on the Okanagan? Simon10001, you were talking about it, did you ever turn up any good info? Whether chumming is legal or not would probably be a good thing to find out too. Finding a place to get next to the water is usually the hard part. One nice thing about this valley is the winery tours. World class stuff! :P

No chumming straight off.... better to know than not... and 1 rod. I guess I'll be trying a few places right in and around Vancouver.. no big fish but I don't care. Ladner slough, Burnaby park's Central Park Lake, and Trout Lake right in Vancouver... my one chance to catch a common with a needle sticking out of it! :lol: I've gotten some help from locals on other forums (when they live right there it's so easy) so I'm going to be scouting some of the larger lakes for a trip a bit later in summer when the carping picks up there.

After a blessedly uneventful 24 hr road trip (less a 5 1/2 hr rest stop) I landed in Vancouver and shall head east for the Okanagan tomorrow. I've gotten some good info from a couple of local web forums and plan to fish hard for the next 5 or 6 days ( a mix of trout, bass, and carp fishing) then futher east to Trail and Nelson for a few more days then back to the prairies. I plan to arrive back in Regina on the day (or 1 day before) the 2007-2008 fishing season opens! I told them not to expect me back at work right away. :wink: