Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nails

An Australian first 2010 Carp World Championship

Citycountry and Niblet from this forum are to represent Australia in next years Carp World Championships.

Fantastic lads. Well done.

OZZY,OZZY,OZZY!!!!!!

As it has already been touch on sponsorship would be a big asset in your quest for the championships.

If you could only get some of the big names in the Australian freshwater scene on board, magazines and the like, Shimano Australia,ect,ect, and even QUANTARSE to sponsor the travel, may be even a car company?

I think the skies the limit with this one chaps being the first representatives.

Thinking in the broad spectrum of things, imagine the 2010 champions where from Australia, it would be unbelievable to think what type of promotion it would give to carp fishing in this country.

TO HAVE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Wandering what type of response the general freshwater fishing public would have on it here?

On finishing lads I sincerely wish you all the very best and good luck for the road ahead.

Let your runs be screamers and fish be whackers.

Cheers

Paul

Thinking in the broad spectrum of things, imagine the 2010 champions where from Australia, it would be unbelievable to think what type of promotion it would give to carp fishing in this country.

TO HAVE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Wandering what type of response the general freshwater fishing public would have on it here?

Paul, thank you for your words of encouragement :D

We can all dare to dream, and certainly when it comes to carp fishing I'm eternally opptimistic. Although, being realistic, becoming 'World Champions' is probably bordering upon sheer fantasy! Unless the carp gods smile down on us and allow us to pull off a 'Steven Bradbury' style finish :roll:

I think we are both extraordinarily happy just to be part of this amazing event, and are proud to be ambassadors for all Aussie carpers. We will be trying our hardest to get some sort of result :lol:

Katfish AKA Niblet 8)

G'day All,

I think once I get home to Aus, start to relax(4 weeks holiday) it will start to sink in properly. Can't wait for Sunday! Even tho it'll take nearly 2 days to get home :shock:

While I may be keen, I'm but an improving amateur. I'll be in good hands with Andy. We share a pioneering spirit that will keep us in good stead I'm sure.

Preparations have already begun, we just await further details to really start in earnest. It may sound a long time away, but I can assure you planning this journey will be epic as it is. Let alone putting it into action!!

Cheers,

Ben

G'day All,

I think once I get home to Aus, start to relax(4 weeks holiday) it will start to sink in properly. Can't wait for Sunday! Even tho it'll take nearly 2 days to get home :shock:

While I may be keen, I'm but an improving amateur. I'll be in good hands with Andy. We share a pioneering spirit that will keep us in good stead I'm sure.

Preparations have already begun, we just await further details to really start in earnest. It may sound a long time away, but I can assure you planning this journey will be epic as it is. Let alone putting it into action!!

Cheers,

Ben

Hope you have a safe trip home mate, and have an awesome Chrissy with your folks in Oz? Just don't drink too much XXXX :D

Thanks Mate!!

Almost ready to go now, can't believe the day is actually here. Packing furiously and putting together all my research on Aus fishin' spots. Can't wait to wet a line in earnest, wonder what the heat's gonna do to me after 4yrs tho. It's 4 degrees here ATM, pants. Got the ruebens yest, flyweight mk2's up to 40lb. So all is ready.

Can't wait for that first XXXX Gold to pass my lips...then a can of bundy 'n' coke..yummy!!

Andy, I'll give you a call when I'm on the ground in OZ sometime next week mate.

Cheers,

Ben