Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
nick1

your best looking fish

Having fished with matt although we blanked i can assure you that he has nothing but the fishes welfare at heart and the unhooking mat is more than likley to be very close if not next to him just you cant see it because of the camera shot.

anyways well done matt you deserve it mate 8)

When i take my photos my mat is usually under the fish. It definately isnt the case here, thats plainly obvious.

i wasnt saying it was under the fish that is obivious it was most likley to be in aposition where he can lean over it if anything does happen :wink:

Whats the point in leaning over to the mat once the carp has already jump/flipped and hit the deck :(:(

Stop making excuses for him and face the fact that the mat was not in the right place (under the fish) nobody has had a go at him they have simple pointed this out :roll:

No thats no a camo sleeve you can see there :lol::lol::lol:

To be honest that carp will never get to anywhere near a 20lb+ fish it was caught from a lake that i can walk across without the water going over my wellies and between 2 of us we had 51 carp around this size the biggest was about 4lb in just under 3 hours its not a ticket water ist just a natural lake that has got carp in some how and they have bread like wild fire i only fished it because i could not believe my eyes when i walked around it and all that i could see was carp tails sticking out of the water. at the end of the session i walked out to where i was fishing and was catching them in my landing net without and problems just stood with the net in the water and waited for them to swim in it. You know when you've seen trout being feed at a trout farm and the water erupts it was like that when you fed sweetcorn.

Question for everyone. The fish below, when it grows a bit more, obviously the skin would stretch and the scales would get further apart???? Would the fish then grow more scales between them or are fish stuck with what ever scales they have when they are born?

Not the biggest by a mile but what will it look like when its a twenty

mypics067.jpg

I think they keep their original scale pattern, new ones replace old as required. Could be totally wrong?

I bought 6 tiny baby carp at about 1.5 inches each - they kept their scale pattern until I lost them at about 5-6 pounds.

Koi on the other hand change their colours as they grow up.

Tonybranno,

Erm...yeah I think i would agree with you, didn't really think about it like that, took note from your message...If you wouldn't mind getting rid of the photo where you quoted my message. I'll ask him on the other forum and re-post if he is alright with it!